Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Czevak

Ranked MM imbalance

11 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Ok Wargaming, do not even bother releasing ranked battles if you can't even make them fair in the first place.

Enemy side gets A DD while we don't, how in the hell is this even fair?

Enemy side gets a DD and all Tier 7 ships while we get a Fuso and Nurnberg.. how is this even fair?

What should happen: Longer queue times but each side gets more or less the SAME SHIPS OF THE SAME TIER.

And ffs, make ranked be ONE TIER, there are too many idiots bringing in Tier 6 ships in a Tier 7 match.

Bottom Line: 

FIX MATCHMAKING BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT RELEASING A RANKED SEASON!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

You know when I spawn into ranked with my DD Grem or Blyss and the enemy team has no DD...  Provided my team sieges and does not lemming it is an EASY WIN.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

You know when I spawn into ranked with my DD Grem or Blyss and the enemy team has no DD...  Provided my team sieges and does not lemming it is an EASY WIN.

That is exactly the problem.

Teams with a DD and team without cannot capture more than one point.

Members
5,202 posts

Alternatively, if there aren't enough ships to make a fair 7v7, then reduce it to 5v5 or something similar. That will fix the balance while keeping queue times reasonable. It's done with Tier X matches, why not Ranked?

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 2

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

so, bring a DD then  :D

That logic doesn't quite fix the matchmaking problems.

Members
636 posts
7,729 battles

I would take some of my T6's over most of the T7's into ranked any day.  Only T7 I currently the have is the Kiev and she isn't fully upgraded yet so no go there.  The rest I have either sold for cash, haven't got there yet, or have never played the line.  Only lost 4 battles from rank 15 where I started to I believe I am 1 game away from rank 10 using solely my New Mexico, take it over the Colorado any day which I already sold. 

IMO unless you have a Nagato, Myoko, Schors, Atlanta, Bly, Mahan, Hatsu, or Kiev (not counting CVs) then their T6 ship is superior, for ranked at least.  Pepsicola (while great guns) and York are both citadel punching bags and are always first to drop as is Indy.  Take my NewMex over Colorado into ranked any day and twice on sunday, more HP, more barrels and doesn't have Col's atrocious dispersion.

Bottom line overall I think T7 is the most disappointing tier for ships that I have played where they offer little or are actually worse than their T6 sister ship in terms of performance.  That's why I play mine, I sure others do too.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

That logic doesn't quite fix the matchmaking problems.

does it have to?  you just need to take advantage of the weakness so you can win  :)

if you are playing r15-11,  i would not worry about type of ships too much.  bring the one that you have best success with.  once you hit R10,most will not be able to move up anyway unless they are better players.

Members
18 posts
4,838 battles

I though it only happened to me.

Yes it was suck when the enemy team has more advantages.

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

Oh that's nothing my first fight tonight

Team one: BB BB DD DD DD DD DD

Team two:  CA CA DD DD DD DD DD (my team)

We took first place, had more ships on the bottom before the other team.   WG you and my shop vac have something in common.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Ouch.

My MM(taking it slow, only at rank 16) hasn't gotten that bad yet, but I've seen some wonky things. The lack of a DD is definitely a hinging point.

You really have to play to make that up. As a Heavy Cruiser player, that usually means I gotta nail that DD as soon as I can, and remove enemy cruisers from play as soon as I can.

That tends to mean that I have to trust my own BBs to deal with their BBs, and only hit them if there's nothing else to target.

It's definitely an uphill struggle when you have no destroyers...

MM needs to be better, but ultimately it is limited by what it has to work with.

Sign in to follow this