Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dayten

NEW MEXICO Scout plane?

9 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
635 battles

I was watching some old videos on new mexico cause I am 10k away from getting it, I am confused why they took out the scout plane. It should be added back because the range for the tier 6 BB is horrible, thanks a lot! ~Dayten

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I was watching some old videos on new mexico cause I am 10k away from getting it, I am confused why they took out the scout plane. It should be added back because the range for the tier 6 BB is horrible, thanks a lot! ~Dayten

How to git gud in the New Mexico

1: Free XP all of the New Mexico's upgrades.

2: Equip the following modules: Main Armaments Mod.1, Artillery Plotting Room Mod. 1, Damage Control 1, and Rudder Shift.

3: Take the following captain's skills:

Tier 1=BFT for better AA and faster reload of secondaries and Basics of Survivability for better fire control. 

Tier 2=Expert Marksman for better turret traverse and/or Fire Prevention if you're a pyrophobe. 

Tier 3= Superintendent for extra plane and HP regen or Vigilance if you're a torpedophobe or High Alert if you want to speed up your Damage Control cooldown. 

Tier 4= AFT for better AA and secondaries and/or Survivability Expert for easier Dreadnought medals.

Tier 5=Preventative Maintenance because the turrets get knocked out easily or Jack of All Trades for faster consumable cooldown or Manual Secondary Control to keep DDs at arm's length.

4: Equip the following flags: India Bravo Terrathree, Zulu, Mike Yankee Soxisix, India Yankee, India Delta, November Echo Setteseven, November Foxtrot, and Sierra Mike.

5: Equip premium consumables. Extra HP packs will save your life.

6: Play her as a ship that can engage at all ranges. She's best at mid-short range though. That's where the citadels come easiest. Angle her armour and time the enemy's gun reloads. Use her consumables wisely.

7: ?????

8: Profit. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,415 battles

hell ya New Mex is a hell of a ship, I'm doing really great in it for some reason, not sure what it is but it's the ship that keeps me in the game

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Love the New Mex. I use Situational Awareness on mine, because it's got a great concealment range (IIRC w/camo it's 13.2km. I plan on taking Concealment Expert when I get there, and bringing it down to 12km.

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

USS Texas is the first US battleship that launched the scout plane, and guess what?

And WG has said numerous times turret catapults don't work currently and are being worked on. Took over a year to get turret AA working, and turret AA mounts are a lot easier than getting a catapult working properly.

[BLEEP]
Members
154 posts
3,901 battles

What hull does it unlock

B Hull, I'm also grinding my New Mexico as I just got it few days ago

Edit: 13km range is still toxic to me....

Edited by Darkness1561

Sign in to follow this