You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Ranked battles is a heartbreaker

21 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,005 battles

I still haven't given up but man ranked battles is just breaking my heart its from 8 to 7 back to 8 to 9 back to 7 now back to 8 but I'm not giving up I'm going forward till I die.  :izmena:

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

The campers won't let you proceed bro. 

Heading sideways, till I find a window to lick.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Took me 4 days to move from T10-0, win one, lose one, win one, lose two, win two, lose one.

Members
5,450 posts
21,049 battles

What's ranked battles? /s

Ranked matches is a 7 v 7 game mode with prizes, campers, too many destroyers, lots of salt and pain. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy then what is found sailing the Ranked seas. 

Abandon all hope if you sail there. 

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

sounds like you need to study your battles and see what you couild be doing better.  since you are stagnating ,    sometimes, taking time off to assess can help a lot. 

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,955 battles

I realize that its broken into smaller groups to even the playing field but when I look at the report after the battles, I see MM decided to dump all the 20's on my team and all the 16 and 17's on the enemy team. I kinda figured as much when I started seeing the rest of the team trying to play like it was a standard battle.

Banned
79 posts
5,579 battles

Ranked Battles = Same as Pub Battles except with seven ships per team, more window lickers, lemmings and campers, and often too many DDs (I've seen as many as 4 DDs on one team)

​What exactly is it ranking?   hmmmm, absolutely nothing other than how lucky you are at getting the better team 3-4 times in a row. Winning flags? hmmm...... you will use up any flags you won trying to move up the next rank so I wouldn't consider it a reward.

Too bad Ranked Battles didn't rank the players skill as appose to their luck. P.S.  I've been in many ranked battles whereas I sunk 4 enemy ships and still lost. What does that tell you?

Not doing anymore Ranked battles in the future. Waste of time not to mention the 2-3 minute wait.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

What's ranked battles? /s

Battles where you can progressively move forward (and sometimes move backwards) in rank.  Those who are good, can work hard and achieve the coveted Rank 1...literally FTW!  Those who are average or poor can work hard, maybe reach Rank 12, and complain that it's MMs fault they can't achieve anything better.  Those who are average, can work a little bit, stop upon reaching Rank 15, and then come to forums like this and post replies like this.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

the way it is setup, anyone with average playing ability  can reach R12 or even R10 if you grind hard enough.   gets much tougher at R10 and R5 since you are playing with better player at those rank.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

the way it is setup, anyone with average playing ability  can reach R12 or even R10 if you grind hard enough.   gets much tougher at R10 and R5 since you are playing with better player at those rank.

*sniffs* All those better players must have lives or something, because R5 queue ain't popping... :(

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

there is less than 140 between R2-5,  so     not going to be big enough population to play

Edited by centarina

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I still haven't given up but man ranked battles is just breaking my heart its from 8 to 7 back to 8 to 9 back to 7 now back to 8 but I'm not giving up I'm going forward till I die.  :izmena:

Keep at it! You always play well when I see you. Your luck is bound to turn in your favor soon.

[STW-N]
Members
16 posts
7,775 battles

I would like to know how to move forward and what they are ranking.  Team play?  Half the time any team can't figure out where to go.  Personally, I don't care, just pick one and go with it.  Or how about when some jerk in a BB or Cruiser who can take some kind of pounding is complaining how your DD has to run from a cruiser or BB after getting some torps off?  My personal favorite, when a teammate is using you as cover and will not let you have room to maneuver and you have to perform a breakaway from your own teammate.  Personally, you should be able to own-kill this kind of scumbag with no penalty.  Do that if you agree but not if you don't.

Personally, maybe WoW should look at the team battle as half a star and personal stats as half a star.  Many times I have scored in top 1 or 2 on team but no luck on winning.  1/2 star for team and 1/2 star for top 3 or for players.

Yeah, I wish my connection was faster.  That I had a better computer.  Or that I was a better gamer, but none of those things alone account for issues with people that have no idea how to work as a team.  I play IJN DD's so you can't beat a kayak in a gun fight.  I play american DD's and I am average at everything so no sneaking and no duking it out with a russian.  I play the Russian DD's I can only shoot.  I play American Cruisers and I might as well have tissue paper for armor and have pop guns that kill nothing.  If I could get to a rank to use higher tier ships, I could finally bring some quality off the shelf using BB's or American DD's.  So until I get lucky, I am stuck in junk heaps that I keep guessing wrong on how to use their strengths.   Honestly, that is the biggest cause of win one, loose two, win two, lose one.

Not a noob.  Started loving BB's and learned to love DD's.  Can't play a cruiser to save my life as I don't psychologically connect to their style of play.  Ground my way to Tier X American DD.  Not the best or the worst.  Still would like some answers though.

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

Ranked matches is a 7 v 7 game mode with prizes, campers, too many destroyers, lots of salt and pain. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy then what is found sailing the Ranked seas.

You explained it very well +1

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

Ranked battles is 7v7 pubs except it's anything but fun. Ranked is just not enjoyable to me, which is why I've never ranked out despite participating in all 4 seasons.

I've had more fun duo queuing ranked in League of Legends than having to slog through this flooded salt mine of a game mode.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,833 posts

Its ok OP, at least you still get to play ranked games.

Since ive hit 5 ive got into 1 Game in 2 days..

Sorry but im not setting in a 10min+ que.

Should have been Rank 10-1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Members
309 posts
15,993 battles

The devil incarnated Aye! It brings out the worst in every each of us. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I haven't had really many bad ranked match.    mostly good experience.      but I didn't grind much either and got mostly tired of grind.  got the easy flags  :)