Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CapnCappy

Feels like I washed the stain off...

15 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Had a great run last night in my new pink ships in ranked.

It's so common now, nobody even questions you about it.

Anyway, good to be back to normal.

Y6dxZNN.jpg

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Gotta love those insanely low pink thresholds, one stray shell, or the one time your ally sails in front of you. WG should just make it official, and become an official breast cancer awareness sponsor.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,152 posts
35,195 battles

I wonder about the collision threshold... I seem to have minor scrapes more often than I should admit, but no pink yet...Maybe I do enough damage to the enemy, regularly enough, that said threshold is never reached?

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I wonder about the collision threshold... I seem to have minor scrapes more often than I should admit, but no pink yet...Maybe I do enough damage to the enemy, regularly enough, that said threshold is never reached?

Scraps don't cause pink. Only killing a friendly, no matter how low the health.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I thought for sure I was going pink yesterday after I whacked a friendly Isokaze with a torpedo out of my Murmansk.  He popped smoke, I assumed he was gonna sit in it but nope, assumed wrong and he steamed ahead.  One of the first times I've done major friendly damage in a long time but guess I got lucky it wasn't worse.  No pink either but think that's because I knocked out his engine and the enemy took care of that :fishpalm:  Sorry friendly player

was actually a decent game if not for that blemish and my abysmal torp runs on the enemy ARP ship lol

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10116-vonKaiser-Solomon-Islands

Edited by vonKaiser

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

The thresholds are insanely low. I did 1 torp hit, for about 10k, on an allied Montana in my Gearing and was pink for a week or two. It also doesn't help when you division with trolls who keep rubbing up on your ship, extending your pink battle count lol

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

I had a match where my feline gunner killed a friendly. Had a teamie get smacked pretty hard and was disengaging. I saw a red Svet moving in to cook him so i lined up for a shot...cat yanked mouse cable looking for attention (or food) as I let loose a salvo--straight into teamie...and smoked him. Beautiful shot...almost perfect except the ship under the crosshairs wasnt red. Felt horrible.

Several matches later I was in the match that would remove the stain. Had a DD keep driving into me "becuase I was pinky and deserved it" as he stated. End of match I get 5 more games of pink.

Just cleared the pink the other day...not looking to rejoin that elite club.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Nope. Killed a low HP ally via ramming for teh lulz, didn't turn pink.

Happened again a few weeks later, I was in my <100 HP Fletcher and got rammed to death by a teammate, he didn't turn pink.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

Rammed 2 friendlies in the same match last night and didn't turn pink. 2ndary guns on my BB put a hurting on a friendly that was right beside my ship while engaging enemies and didn't turn pink....

There has got to be more to these stories.

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

True.

Had a wthmoment a week ago in ranked. I smoked a reversing myoko that was low health and being focused on by the enemy. Told them what I was doing in chat but I guess they didn't read it till too late. I started to reverse back into the line of smoke I laid while shooting of my starboard side, well I did until I heard the sounds off a collision. Turns out that myoko threw it in drive and plowed into my port side, unfortunately before we could get separated the myoko became a reef.

I was pretty hot thinking I would be pink for my part in sinking a friendly. Never happened though.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Rammed 2 friendlies in the same match last night and didn't turn pink. 2ndary guns on my BB put a hurting on a friendly that was right beside my ship while engaging enemies and didn't turn pink....

There has got to be more to these stories.

or a hidden change to Pinkification

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I've accidentally shot teammates twice since the new policy took effect. Both times it didn't kill them. I dealt maybe 1-2k damage through the superstructure while expecting the shot to arc over the friendly. Both times I saw a warning in chat, but didn't turn pink. This is far worse than any accidental paint scraping could possibly be, so I'm pretty sure ramming isn't going to turn you pink within limits of reason.

Sign in to follow this