Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JamesSinks

Worst CV play ever. Guy was suicidal.

16 comments in this topic

Members
184 posts
2,853 battles

I am far from one of the better players on here. But I just saw something that was kind of a hoot but crazy dumb. Ranked battle, 1 CV, 2BBs, 2 crusiers and 2 DDs (the other team had 3 DDs). I dunno the name of the map but "B" in the center was between two very large/tall islands. Definitely DD territory. Me and a cruiser and a DD take off for A. 3 minutes into the battle while taking pot shots at a DD I look at the mini map and our CV was trying to cap B ...all by itself! That enemy DD in there waiting for it had an easy meal for lots of XP.  5 minutes later the match was over of course. So far the dumbest/craziest thing I've seen on here.

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

I am far from one of the better players on here. But I just saw something that was kind of a hoot but crazy dumb. Ranked battle, 1 CV, 2BBs, 2 crusiers and 2 DDs (the other team had 3 DDs). I dunno the name of the map but "B" in the center was between two very large/tall islands. Definitely DD territory. Me and a cruiser and a DD take off for A. 3 minutes into the battle while taking pot shots at a DD I look at the mini map and our CV was trying to cap B ...all by itself! That enemy DD in there waiting for it had an easy meal for lots of XP.  5 minutes later the match was over of course. So far the dumbest/craziest thing I've seen on here.

​I can definitely relate to this. I'm a DD captain myself. In one of my games when I was gunning for rank 16, the enemy CV decided to cap the middle cap circle. Needless to say... my teammates who were close to the cap (a DD and a CA) had a field day.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

​I can definitely relate to this. I'm a DD captain myself. In one of my games when I was gunning for rank 16, the enemy CV decided to cap the middle cap circle. Needless to say... my teammates who were close to the cap (a DD and a CA) had a field day.

I think sometimes CV players don't realize they accidentally clicked on a section of the map with their ship selected. I have done this before, but luckily i've never gotten that far before realizing my mistake. 
  • Cool 1

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

I think sometimes CV players don't realize they accidentally clicked on a section of the map with their ship selected. I have done this before, but luckily i've never gotten that far before realizing my mistake. 

As a really crappy CV player myself, I'd second that.

[STW]
Members
69 posts
10,807 battles

The new minimap since 5.6 allows you to click on it and move your autopilot to where you clicked. Sometimes you might just be trying to click the point to give attention to it and not know you clicked to move there. It's annoying.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Terrible? Not like that Ryujo guy that attack with his planes a Cleveland and Atlanta (ignoring all the DD's and IJN BB's), compalined that his palnes are to bad for a t8 game and torped himself.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Worst CV player I saw was the one who torp'd himself a few minutes into the match because he didn't like the enemy CV that MM put against him.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Perhaps CV players should develop a sense of situational awareness.

You know, that thing surface ship players keep getting told they need to not get bombed?

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

Perhaps CV players should develop a sense of situational awareness.

You know, that thing surface ship players keep getting told they need to not get bombed?

Lol this is true for all ships. Everyone here have seen a DD, BB or Cruiser derp up hard, throw themself into the ennemy team or fail to do a very simple WASD hack. Do you think CVs are a class that is immune from player like that playing it? Every class have potatoes, even CVs.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Lol this is true for all ships. Everyone here have seen a DD, BB or Cruiser derp up hard, throw themself into the ennemy team or fail to do a very simple WASD hack. Do you think CVs are a class that is immune from player like that playing it? Every class have potatoes, even CVs.

On the other hand, a surface ship actually has to move to get into the fight.

This CV literally performed worse than if he just did nothing.

[BANG_]
Beta Testers
493 posts
6,852 battles

You see all sorts of insane behavior in this game. Earlier I took my Nikoli out for a spin and towards the end of the battle this Kuma who had been lobbing HE at me from behind an Island must have figured my attention was on his team's Texas, Wyoming and Myogi cause he sailed out from cover then came to a full stop,  broadside to me at like 10 kilometers and started shooting, out in the open, needless to say I put a salvo into him and vaped the idiot.

0 posts

I always dislike people like that, suiciding early in battle either by torpedoing themselves, rushing into the enemy team, or simply leaving the battle, because MM didn't favor them, to such people I say, even though the Odds may be stacked against you, A Victory is not impossible. 

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

On the other hand, a surface ship actually has to move to get into the fight.

This CV literally performed worse than if he just did nothing.

A surface ship doesn't necessairly need to move to get into battle *cough*T10 BBs sniping from spawn*cough*

Members
292 posts
4,845 battles

whys he worst CV player ever ?. Seems ot me he tried something none els does. Good on him for using his imagination. Its a pity people demand others play more they way they want. Instead of worrying about their own game more an less about how others are doing.

[BANG_]
Beta Testers
493 posts
6,852 battles

Honestly it isn't anything new. I recall back in CBT you saw a lot more of folks driving forward in their CVs before the meta turned into the long range snipe fest we see so much of. Ahhh the found memories of running over a Zuiho with my old Kongou  those were the days :izmena:

Sign in to follow this