Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wboys

intermediate game play help

7 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
213 battles

So I am just beginning my journey in Wold of Warships and am looking for some advice to improve my gameplay. I know some things, like I have a rough idea of when to use what shell, and I am pretty good at the skill shot side of things, both for shells and torps, but what are some strategies/tips/tactics some beginner like myself may not have heard of? 

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

The youtube video gamers I have found very helpful:

• Notser  -  very good strategy
  • Ichaseegaming  - very good instructional and beginner videos
  • wastingsometimegaming
  • Flamu
  • business6

There is also a lot of good posts in the forums that detail strategy and how to get the most out of your ships.

Edited by Camo68

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

So I am just beginning my journey in Wold of Warships and am looking for some advice to improve my gameplay. I know some things, like I have a rough idea of when to use what shell, and I am pretty good at the skill shot side of things, both for shells and torps, but what are some strategies/tips/tactics some beginner like myself may not have heard of? 

If you got a hang of shells and torps, learn how to use your armor (unless you play DDs, because they have no real armour to speak of anyways). Also try all 4 classes of ships to learn more about them. Another good tip would be to learn which captain skills and modifications benefit your ship the most. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I don't think Jingles' "How not to suck" video qualifies as intermediate gameplay help. Unless maybe basic gameplay help is about switching on your PC?

I'd recommend

instead.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Vary both your heading and your speed. Especially long range shots require careful estimation of your heading and your speed. A lot of players will fire a single shot to get the range dialed in and then launch salvos. If you see incoming fire (or have that captain skill), cut or boost speed and turn to a steeper angle. The range finding shot might still hit, but the follow up salvo will likely miss.

This is also why getting good at aiming without a range finding shot is a huge advantage... 

A small thing that seems obvious when you hear but that I find many people don't realize is that you can tell what direction a ship is heading by looking at the smoke stack. Sometimes when a ship is in the open water it's hard to tell if it's reverse course by just looking at it unless you know to look at the smoke. 

For BBs specifically (and cruisers to a lesser degree), make sure you understand if your BB is a brawler or not. Some are brawlers. Some are snipers. Some are a blend. Don't take a sniper into a brawl with another BB and don't waste a brawler by hanging back. 

Many DD drivers full stop when they pop smoke and DDs stop pretty quick. If it's in range, flood that smoke with torps. You'll be surprised how often you score hits on that DD you can't see.

Just a few things that come to mind... 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this