Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SHADOW_WAKE

Framerate Drops and Ship Rubber Banding

18 comments in this topic

[ICO]
Beta Testers
110 posts
15,493 battles

OK... Noticed the Rubber Banding of ships whilst zoomed in during the Public Test of 0.5.7, put it down to the high ping with it being a russian server.

I can recall something similar happening with the rubber banding issue about a year ago with a new patch, I guess it's reared it's ugly head again.

Also I have never experienced frame rate drops this bad, is this some kind of memory leak?

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

No problems here on my end. (My PC specs: Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1 TB HD, Nvidia Geforce 960GTX 4GB) 

Might want to update your video card drivers. New patches tend to take advantage of new graphics features that AMD/Nvidia releases on their cards.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

High end PC, high end internet connection here, 35 ms ping to WG servers on average.

I too saw a ship rubber band earlier today, for the first time in a very long while. Something might be a bit fishy with the patch.

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Members, In AlfaTesters
321 posts
7,604 battles

I notice it too, a micro stutter which is very annoying.  The longer I play the worse it seems to get. 

Edited by Dnil

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Yep. Saw it several times tonight, mostly in binoc view, or at some level of zoom.

[Y0L0K]
Members
1,041 posts
13,489 battles

I have also experienced this. Hopefully it gets fixed soon since this is the first time I've experienced this and also noticed this just a few games into playing the new patch.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Yep. Saw it several times tonight, mostly in binoc view, or at some level of zoom.

Same here: binocular view, target at 15 km or so teleporting through space and time like a boss.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I've seen ships hopping all over the place as well, something I've never seen before. It's like a stutter or something. Doesn't look like lag, just behaves like it, seems to be graphics related. Only seen it recently, not something I've had happening prior. Glad it's not just me, but unfortunate that something is up.

Members
3,014 posts

OK... Noticed the Rubber Banding of ships whilst zoomed in during the Public Test of 0.5.7, put it down to the high ping with it being a russian server.

I can recall something similar happening with the rubber banding issue about a year ago with a new patch, I guess it's reared it's ugly head again.

Also I have never experienced frame rate drops this bad, is this some kind of memory leak?

I posted a video on my channel showing a battleship skate boarding out of my line of fire and back in....

Look up Atlanta Sho'Do....advance to 4:50 in the footage countdown.

[ICO]
Beta Testers
110 posts
15,493 battles

Ok... gave it 24 hrs to let the server settle down from yesterdays update and crash. 

Still having the same rubber banding ship skipping  that was apparent in the public test that leads me to believe it is the update.

None of this was happening during 0.5.6.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

All I see is my camera view rubber banding and throwing off my aim, but that's been happening for months.

Same here. Happens maybe once or twice a week, but at the most inappropriate of moments.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

High end PC, high end internet connection here, 35 ms ping to WG servers on average.

I too saw a ship rubber band earlier today, for the first time in a very long while. Something might be a bit fishy with the patch.

Same here dennis.

My specs are in my link (takes ya to the Shipcomrade forums) i7-6700k CPU with a 980ti GPU and a 500gb SSD to boiler point the main specs. Literally every match, it doesn't matter what ship it is, just from time to time the ships stop and start again. No dip in ping, no lag at all (run a steady 33-35ms) and my FPS is a steady 71-76 FPS.

EDIT: I should also say that I've reset my router and modem, ensured my GPU and other drivers are up to date, etc. I always make sure that it's not something on my end before jumping the gun and saying somethings up with a patch. I've got some "mild" coding, by mild I mean very limited experience under my belt and I know that these things are complicated to say the least. So I try to make sure that everything is ok on my end before I look at what other possible problems might be the cause. Just to clarify.

Edited by BURN_Miner

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Saw it today and thought it was lag. I7 3770k and a Radeon r9 290x

Sign in to follow this