Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZachTG82

Omaha Detection Range

5 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
331 battles

A lot of people like the Omaha and say it's a good ship. And I personally think it's one of the best supporting ships in the game. But the second you become the focus of anyone's attention you're toast. This combined with the worst light cruiser detection range at 13.5km is what really kills (literally) this ship for me. So you really have to rely on your team to group and voluntarily take the shots for you so you can be useful for your team. 

Aside from that when you get to close range ,around 5km (aka torpedo range), the Omaha is a monster and after watching several guides online I see a lot of other people having success at this range as well. But its very difficult especially on the ocean map to close that distance with that awful detection range.

I've also noticed after watching those guides that people always have success in low tier matches, as do I, but I have yet to find a game where they play tier 7 matches in which I find my self facing quite a bit in this thing.

What do you think?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I used to burn down New Mexico  regularly.      :P    almost got my 2nd 15 point russian DD captain, trained, so I can burn em again. 

Edited by centarina

Members
337 posts
4,434 battles

I loved my Omaha. One of my favorite ships. Maybe CE might be able to help you a little bit, but I don't know, I never got that far with my captain.

As for going up against higher tier ships, I think the trick is to adjust your play to the tiers you're going up against. If you're the only tier 5, hang back, and support as best you can. When there are fewer ships/less risk to yourself, maybe close the range lay into them a bit more.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

You need to keep wiggling in this ship. The best part of this ship is that you don't need to worry about turret rotation because of their placement.

You basically just annoy the hell out of any ship you see. It is also great in punishing overextended dds

But I actually don't think this ship is that good in close range 1v1 against equal or higher tier ships. Its armor is too thin to handle the likes of furutaka, kirov and konigsberg. H Always support your allies and don't fight alone.

Sign in to follow this