You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheHeavyCalibers

What is a good average xp per match?

22 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
1,235 battles

I just started playing recently, and I have been getting 500xp per match, average. From my experience in WOT getting 500 was incredible for me. But this is WOW, and surely the numbers are just different, because I know I'm nowhere near that good in WOT.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Over9000.jpg

1200+

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

It varies per tier. Assuming we're talking about base XP, my understanding is that you did OK (not exceptionally, just good) if you get this much base XP:

800 in tier 1-4

1000 in tier 5-6

1200 in tier 7+

The figures may need to be adjusted by +20% for DDs in Domination because they usually earn more XP when played correctly.

Edited by gurudennis

Members
1,451 posts
11,035 battles

Apart from what mentioned above.

Please be ware the exp on profile page taken consideration of premium status, while the pure base exp can be seen at post battle report on team score screen. This is where we normally refer to as a basis of comparism.

And also note that PVE (co-op) normally yield a much lower exp gain while PVP has a higher earning. And normally we are referring to PVP exp.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

At least 2000 on wins, 1000 on defeats :trollface: (tier 6+)

Edited by Personator

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

Everyone get some exp from damage done to the ennemy team so you can very well have a monster game but not have a lot of exp because your team got ransacked. I'd say top 3 exp in your team is pretty good and top half is fine.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

At least 2000 on wins, 1000 on defeats :trollface: (tier 6+)

The former is tough to keep up on a consistent basis (unless you're running a high tier DD, but even then...). Perhaps 1500+ is a more realistic goal.

The latter I also see as a personal goal in high tiers.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

Are you playing a premium or standard account? Anyone running over 1,200 avg exp is running premium accounts which is about 800 exp average for a non-premium account. So if your 500 average is non-premium account, you would be closer to 750 with a premium account.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Are you playing a premium or standard account. Anyone running over 1,200 avg exp is running premium accounts which is about 800 exp average for a non-premium account. So if your 500 average is non-premium account, you would be closer to 750 with a premium account.

We're talking about base XP, I think. Premium doesn't affect it.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

We're talking about base XP, I think. Premium doesn't affect it.

Always did before. Did they change that?

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Always did before. Did they change that?

Never did. Base XP is what you see on the team scoreboard, it's not affected by any modifiers including premium, flags etc.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

Never did. Base XP is what you see on the team scoreboard, it's not affected by any modifiers including premium, flags etc.

Is he talking scoreboard experience or what he sees when he looks at his profile?

Profile avg experience always did include your premium account.

[KAG]
Members
53 posts
19,157 battles

logic, u cant win with that

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Is he talking scoreboard experience of what he sees when he looks at his profile?

I mean scoreboard. Profile average does indeed factor in Premium starting some point in CBT...

Edited by gurudennis

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

I mean scoreboard. Profile average does indeed factor in Premium starting some point in CBT...

Cool. Yea, your right. If we are talking scoreboard exp then ignore my post. :honoring:

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I would focus less on a xp number because of so many variables and like some mentioned above, keep track of your avg position at the end of every match. Wish WG would add that stat, the only thing that could throw it off are those rare games where it launches with a shorter number of players due to population shortage, but it's rare and it would even out as everyone would experience that from time to time. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Are we talking base or multipliers? Premium or non-premium?

Base, I think 800-1000 is a good number to shoot for, on average, non-premium.

Overall on the scorecard depends wildly on bonuses, promos, flags, premium, etc. I've had games I got 16,000xp.

WG does a poor job tracking it so it's really hard to say.