Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

So, after my 7th match in a row of being focused down by an enemy carrier as a priority target, I need to vent my anger, so I figure, this will become a regular thing.  I will post all the subjects that make all of us who play WOWS so angry.  In this "episode 1," so to speak, we will be talking about carriers focusing down 1 player at the beginning of a match, such a strong focus you may think he wants to take you for a long, intimate shower or something.  This is mainly for destroyer skippers.  You may not have even gotten to a cap circle yet, but there is somehow already 4 or more air squadrons above you.  You are thinking "crap, this isn't gonna end well, " and you're right.  They continue to hound you until your momentum carries you into a torpedo dropped at nearly point blank range, which you surely thought would be too close to even arm itself.  You have already used your repair ability to put out 3 fires set by enemy dive bombers, so the flooding overcomes you and is about to kill you, but then you ram your ship aground in hopes it will not slip beneath the waves, denying them at least that pleasure.  However, the game mechanics push your ship just into deep water, about 5-7 feet or so, and it completely vanishes anyway.  You are sunk without capping, assisting with a cap, and not even getting a single gun or torpedo hit on an enemy ship.

This enrages you, but then you realize that they just wasted about 8 or so air squadrons on something that wasn't even arguably a threat in the first place, and now they must wait 3 minutes before they can continue their job, so at least you get a bit of closure from those thoughts.

The situation being put at rest, here are some interesting images and gifs that would probably show how you feel after 7 matches of this.

200_s (1).gif

200_s (2).gif

the-simpsons-homer-the-vigilante-animated.gif

Edited by Oddball_gunner

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Well as a DD player I can see the planes before they can spot me and I see a bunch circling a cap or coming from one direction I stay away from them quite easily .

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,990 battles

Why do destroyers think it's their job to run out 15km ahead of the fleet unsupported to get sniped on a cap point?

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

Why do destroyers think it's their job to run out 15km ahead of the fleet unsupported to get sniped on a cap point?

It's kind of our job, we have to snag the point before the enemy team.  Whoever gets one first starts gettig pints first, which is critical for the team sometimes.

As for support, there were 3 North Carolinas with me along with another Mahan

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

If there's a CV trying to kill you, get under the AA umbrella of an allied ship.  WG encourages teammates to share AA protection for a reason.

Just because you can be a lone wolf more than other classes doesn't mean you need to be.

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

please dont complain about cv's so much... they have been so heavily nerfed that we rarely see them anymore above t6-7... yes they need a rework, but they do NOT need another nerf and you need to know your detectability from air, and turn off your aa. simply avoid the cvs planes since dds have such small detection ranges abuse this instead of complaining about it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,990 battles

It's kind of our job, we have to snag the point before the enemy team.  Whoever gets one first starts gettig pints first, which is critical for the team sometimes.

Dying costs your team 100 points plus whatever caps or damage you would have done over the course of the game. It's by far the worse choice.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

please dont complain about cv's so much... they have been so heavily nerfed that we rarely see them anymore above t6-7... yes they need a rework, but they do NOT need another nerf and you need to know your detectability from air, and turn off your aa. simply avoid the cvs planes since dds have such small detection ranges abuse this instead of complaining about it.

I don't need to come off rude, but I'm not suggesting a CV nerf of ANY KIND.  As for measures of protection, yes, I turned off my AA, I learned that lesson multiple times in my Clemson at T4. I tried to avoid the planes but they were spread out over the entire eastern flank, so there was no avoiding it.  I even popped smoke and slowed to a full/entire stop, hoping it would mask me, which it did not.  I am a very careful DD driver, but it just gets irritating being focused again and again, especially when at the time, you pose a very little threat to the majority of their team.

[BTCHZ]
Members
327 posts
22,444 battles

So, after my 7th match in a row of being focused down by an enemy carrier as a priority target, I need to vent my anger, so I figure, this will become a regular thing.  I will post all the subjects that make all of us who play WOWS so angry.  In this "episode 1," so to speak, we will be talking about carriers focusing down 1 player at the beginning of a match, such a strong focus you may think he wants to take you for a long, intimate shower or something.  This is mainly for destroyer skippers.  You may not have even gotten to a cap circle yet, but there is somehow already 4 or more air squadrons above you.  You are thinking "crap, this isn't gonna end well, " and you're right.  They continue to hound you until your momentum carries you into a torpedo dropped at nearly point blank range, which you surely thought would be too close to even arm itself.  You have already used your repair ability to put out 3 fires set by enemy dive bombers, so the flooding overcomes you and is about to kill you, but then you ram your ship aground in hopes it will not slip beneath the waves, denying them at least that pleasure.  However, the game mechanics push your ship just into deep water, about 5-7 feet or so, and it completely vanishes anyway.  You are sunk without capping, assisting with a cap, and not even getting a single gun or torpedo hit on an enemy ship.

This enrages you, but then you realize that they just wasted about 8 or so air squadrons on something that wasn't even arguably a threat in the first place, and now they must wait 3 minutes before they can continue their job, so at least you get a bit of closure from those thoughts.

The situation being put at rest, here are some interesting images and gifs that would probably show how you feel after 7 matches of this.

I TRIED to explain exactly what happened to you but there are some whom dont believe it happens.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/84428-a-perspective-i-have-come-to-realization-of/

To your post, its not 3 minutes. Flight back takes less then a minute and then the 15 second ( at tier 4/5 ) servicing time. 10 second take-off/gain control and its on to the next ship to try and destroy.

My condolences for your frustrations but I have been in a T10 Gearing, went for a Cap, was radared and then fired upon by 5+ ships. Never fired a return shot : Once that " detected! " notification hit the screen, I was dead inside of 10 seconds, no way to avoid it.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

Dying costs your team 100 points plus whatever caps or damage you would have done over the course of the game. It's by far the worse choice.

almost every DD captain, even up to tier 10 does it.  It's our job to stealthily snatch it, then pull back into full cover of our cruisers and BB's before initiating a full scale attack on the flanks of the Battleships who are currently occupied duking it out with your own.  This gives you an opportunity to launch several loads of torps before once again pulling back into cover, before of course repeating the process.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

I TRIED to explain exactly what happened to you but there are some whom dont believe it happens.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/84428-a-perspective-i-have-come-to-realization-of/

To your post, its not 3 minutes. Flight back takes less then a minute and then the 15 second ( at tier 4/5 ) servicing time. 10 second take-off/gain control and its on to the next ship to try and destroy.

My condolences for your frustrations but I have been in a T10 Gearing, went for a Cap, was radared and then fired upon by 5+ ships. Never fired a return shot : Once that " detected! " notification hit the screen, I was dead inside of 10 seconds, no way to avoid it.

Precisely, thank you for expressing your opinion in a non-condescending way.  Not as an insult but I notice that that becomes a trend with the more topics I post.  Again, my topics are based off of opinions, well known facts, and observations in game mainly.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Frankly, the CV carrier was in the right; attempting to stop a cap, and sink one of the few classes able to quickly get to a cap and take it.  And furthermore, a class known to also just hunt down CVs while they're almost defenseless.  One less DD in a match can result in a bigger difference than eliminating a battleship or cruiser, especially when multiple caps are involved, and islands with opportune kill zones for DDs to take advantage of.

The best option was to just retreat to a friendly ship or group of ships with stronger AA until the CV gave up or foolishly pursued, then just stick with them until a fresh opportunity to hunt an enemy ship or take a cap was presented.

Granted, my closest experience with that was getting in some DD practice with IJN DDs at T4 and T5, and while frustrating, sometimes the best course is to retreat and replan.  A surviving DD is better than a dead one trying to tough it out.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

almost every DD captain, even up to tier 10 does it.  It's our job to stealthily snatch it, then pull back into full cover of our cruisers and BB's before initiating a full scale attack on the flanks of the Battleships who are currently occupied duking it out with your own.  This gives you an opportunity to launch several loads of torps before once again pulling back into cover, before of course repeating the process.

The issue right now is that some CAs and BBs won't push or can't push as fast as DDs can.  You guys should be out in front (and thank you for doing so), but all the same you shouldn't be 10km+ from the nearest teammate if you aren't alone on a flank.  While it may be and often is the fault of the CA/BB for not pushing aggressively enough behind their DDs, in such a situation only your own situational awareness (mental quality, not the captain skill) will save you because then it becomes up to you to see how long it will take to scurry to cover and what the best route is.

At the end of the day, all captains are responsible for their own ship first.  If that means fleeing to draw enemies towards bigger/better ships, then you're still looking out for yourself; if the allied player chooses not to shoot the new threats it becomes his problem.

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

Thing is at tier 6-7 and maybe 8, especially if the cv is uptiered, there is not much else the cv can attack than DDs without losing his planes so you are the only target.Killing a DD in 1 strike is a very good thing for the CV. It's the equivalent to sinking a full hp BB and it put your team behind in points and ability to cap and damage. Don't cap if you don't think you can make it out alive. Rather let the ennemy DD cap, get killed by your CV and then you cap it for free and go on with the game while the ennemy cv is reloading or flailing around.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

I agree, the reluctance to push is a big problem, however, I am just talking about how irritating it is being killed in the same matches on multiple occasions, all within an hour of each other.   Everyone can relate to that to at least some extent.

[EFEME]
Beta Testers
288 posts
11,855 battles

Well as a DD player I can see the planes before they can spot me and I see a bunch circling a cap or coming from one direction I stay away from them quite easily .

This guy has never been properly CV sniped - he needs a good butt-whippin' to put to rest the idea that it can't be done to him.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

This guy has never been properly CV sniped - he needs a good butt-whippin' to put to rest the idea that it can't be done to him.

Never said it can not be done to me . Just that I  " Run away ! RUN AWAY ! "  quite well .

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

Never said it can not be done to me . Just that I  " Run away ! RUN AWAY ! "  quite well .

That's pretty well said actually :P

makes me think of this: 

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

As for support, there were 3 North Carolinas with me along with another Mahan

Many inexperienced players put too much value in capping early.  They do so with such tunnel vision that they put themselves in too much danger trying cap before the other team and die before the 10 minute mark, often even before the 5 minute mark.  Then the opposing team with the advantage of being one ship up or more can go ahead and cap without as much contention.  Skilled DD drivers know when to cap and when to pull away and spot so their team can clear the cap and then cap later.  You haven't yet figured this out and I'll explain how I know later.

I don't need to come off rude, but I'm not suggesting a CV nerf of ANY KIND.  As for measures of protection, yes, I turned off my AA, I learned that lesson multiple times in my Clemson at T4. I tried to avoid the planes but they were spread out over the entire eastern flank, so there was no avoiding it.  I even popped smoke and slowed to a full/entire stop, hoping it would mask me, which it did not.  I am a very careful DD driver, but it just gets irritating being focused again and again, especially when at the time, you pose a very little threat to the majority of their team.

Fact:  There is always the option to avoid planes unless it's late game and you're the only one left or close to it.  Don't believe me?  60% > win rate players figured it out, it isn't magic.  You either listen to what they tell you or you make excuses and do differently.  Your choice.  This is not being condescending, this is reality.  I am very straightforward about it, if that offends you, practice getting over it.  It will prepare you for the harsh realities of the real world.  Not everything in life has to have rainbows and unicorns attached to it so that everyone can feel all warm and fuzzy.  Facts are not emotionally dependent.

Fact:  You believe... you have somehow convinced yourself you are a very careful DD driver but you're not.  Again, I will explain how I know this later.

Fact: Yes, almost every DD captain even up to tier 10 aggressively goes after caps.  And yes, almost every BB driver even up to tier 10 drives in straight lines and gets derped by torps.  Do you want to be like every other DD captain or do you want to be the exception?  Your job is not to do one specific thing, your job is to live past 10 minutes so you are alive to contribute in whatever at the moment makes the most sense based on current and future projections/forecasting by properly and expertly analyzing what the map is telling you is happening and what will likely happen.  You're not doing this and I'll explain how I know why later.

Precisely, thank you for expressing your opinion in a non-condescending way.  Not as an insult but I notice that that becomes a trend with the more topics I post.  Again, my topics are based off of opinions, well known facts, and observations in game mainly.

Perception is a fascinating thing.  What you may consider to be facts, are not facts at all.  Or facts that are not relevant to helping you overcome any given challenge you are facing.  This is where deductive reasoning and self-awareness come into play, both of which are becoming extinct in our society because we are not exercising them as much as we should.  My sister is a perfect example.  If you simply disagree with her (usually on matters of politics or her life choices), she takes it as a personal attack on her character and becomes emotionally hijacked, even to the extreme of calling it abuse.  Radical progressives have adopted this 'microaggression' and 'trigger' mindset that is very, very self-destructive.  I'm giving an extreme example here but I hope you get the point.  When someone tells you something that you may not like to hear, and they are straightforward, you may be thinking they are being condescending when in reality, they aren't.  They just don't have the time, and the medium in which we use to communicate (text), we have to be brief or we end up writing a book that our ADD generation won't take the time to read.  Without you knowing the tone, because text is void of tone, don't try to read too much into it.  Learn from the substance and leave the emotion behind.  In other words, do you want to get better at this game or do you want a hug?

Finally, let me explain to you how I know your current play style is the cause of your frustration.  And the positive result of it being your fault, is that you have all the control to change it.  It's in your hands.  That's a great thing knowing that you can change this and that this isn't a result of some external force or broken system.  Proof again that you can change this is that myself and other unicum players didn't become unicum until we learned how to fix it as well.  I struggled with your problem and I researched and learned from those who figured it out who likely learned from someone else who figured it out before them.  If you listen to me, and make the adjustment, you will see your game improve and all I ask is that you pass it on to someone later who is in your shoes now.

Here we go:

The ideal window of survival rate (battles survived / battles played) that the top 10% of players fall into is 40-50% depending on their play style.  40% being more on the aggressive side.  50% more on the conservative side (I myself am at 55% and I admit I'm a [female reproductive organ](long range sniper play style, heck my Skyrim chr was an archer/fireball mage for Pete's sake) and my performance (63% win rate in the last 800 games) will get even better when I get my fingernails dirty a little more by not ending so many battles with as much health as I do).

Where is your survival rate?

Anywhere in that 40-50% range?

Not even 30%.

NOT EVEN 20%!!

Your survival rate is 99 battles survived in 646 games.  That's a survival rate of 15.3%

Now I suggest you take some time to let that marinate.  Because 30% is pretty significant of a shortfall and already considered by many to be a suicidal level of aggression.  20% is outrageous to the point of being considered a suiciding griefer, purposely trying to sabotage a match, or at least having no care or consideration of the team and winning which in the eyes of many is the same thing as griefing.  Anything lower is off the charts.  If you are not living past 10 minutes in the majority of your matches, I don't care how much you think you did in capping or damage, if the battle is still going on after you're dead, that means the enemy can still win and there's nothing you can do to stop them.  And with a survival rate as low as yours, while there is no statistic to track the average length of time you survive in battles, there is no doubt you are dying way too often even before 5 minutes expires.

I sincerely hope you do the following:

#1. Recognize how off your perception is but also understand you have total control in making the changes to overcome your frustration/challenges, we've all been there.

#2. Recognize that if I were really being condescending, would I have taken the time to analyze your stats to see what's glaring as to a possible cause of your frustration as well as take the time to break this down for you?

#3. Recognize the stark contrast in player thought process between winners who seek out solutions to their challenges by posing questions (How do you guys handle being singled out by a CV?) and lower performing players who write complaints and frustration-type posts making statements as if the issue is a reality that is unavoidable or broken.  The alpha male/female is proactive, the beta male/female is reactive.  Read your OP and ask yourself what you sound more like, what kind of mindset does it more closely represent and then ask yourself if that is a healthy approach?

#4. I'm not sure what your future chronicles entail, it sounds like you plan to write more of these.  But I encourage you first to seek out the top ranked players and share with them the challenges you are facing and ask them how they overcame it.

We can be very condescending to people who act entitled or complain, but we are some of the nicest people around when we see someone genuinely taking personal accountability for their own successes and failures and demonstrates a passion to listen, absorb and put advice into practice with a positive and healthy perspective.  It's nothing personal, it's just that we get a ton of people whining on these forums about things that can easily be resolved if they let go of their pride and truly listened instead of making excuses we've heard thousands of times before.

Dennis Miller said it best, "I'm all for helping the truly helpless, I'm done helping the voluntarily clueless."

Take my advice, don't take my advice.  Consider it helpful, consider it condescending.  That is entirely up to you and where you wish to be on the alpha/beta spectrum.  Either way, at the end of the day, we're only as good as the results we produce.  Top producers didn't complain their way to the top.  They are clearly doing something you're not doing.  They are clearly doing something I didn't do when I first started playing.  I mirrored them, I soaked up every little thing they did like a sponge completely letting go of any past belief of how I thought the game should be played or how I should play it, and it worked.  It can work for you.  You just have to want it bad enough to let go of what you think you know.

Good luck!

Edited by VGLance
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,831 battles

Many inexperienced players put too much value in capping early.  They do so with such tunnel vision that they put themselves in too much danger trying cap before the other team and die before the 10 minute mark, often even before the 5 minute mark.  Then the opposing team with the advantage of being one ship up or more can go ahead and cap without as much contention.  Skilled DD drivers know when to cap and when to pull away and spot so their team can clear the cap and then cap later.  You haven't yet figured this out and I'll explain how I know later.

Fact:  There is always the option to avoid planes unless it's late game and you're the only one left or close to it.  Don't believe me?  60% > win rate players figured it out, it isn't magic.  You either listen to what they tell you or you make excuses and do differently.  Your choice.  This is not being condescending, this is reality.  I am very straightforward about it, if that offends you, practice getting over it.  It will prepare you for the harsh realities of the real world.  Not everything in life has to have rainbows and unicorns attached to it so that everyone can feel all warm and fuzzy.  Facts are not emotionally dependent.

Fact:  You believe... you have somehow convinced yourself you are a very careful DD driver but you're not.  Again, I will explain how I know this later.

Fact: Yes, almost every DD captain even up to tier 10 aggressively goes after caps.  And yes, almost every BB driver even up to tier 10 drives in straight lines and gets derped by torps.  Do you want to be like every other DD captain or do you want to be the exception?  Your job is not to do one specific thing, your job is to live past 10 minutes so you are alive to contribute in whatever at the moment makes the most sense based on current and future projections/forecasting by properly and expertly analyzing what the map is telling you is happening and what will likely happen.  You're not doing this and I'll explain how I know why later.

Perception is a fascinating thing.  What you may consider to be facts, are not facts at all.  Or facts that are not relevant to helping you overcome any given challenge you are facing.  This is where deductive reasoning and self-awareness come into play, both of which are becoming extinct in our society because we are not exercising them as much as we should.  My sister is a perfect example.  If you simply disagree with her (usually on matters of politics or her life choices), she takes it as a personal attack on her character and becomes emotionally hijacked, even to the extreme of calling it abuse.  Radical progressives have adopted this 'microaggression' and 'trigger' mindset that is very, very self-destructive.  I'm giving an extreme example here but I hope you get the point.  When someone tells you something that you may not like to hear, and they are straightforward, you may be thinking they are being condescending when in reality, they aren't.  They just don't have the time, and the medium in which we use to communicate (text), we have to be brief or we end up writing a book that our ADD generation won't take the time to read.  Without you knowing the tone, because text is void of tone, don't try to read too much into it.  Learn from the substance and leave the emotion behind.  In other words, do you want to get better at this game or do you want a hug?

Finally, let me explain to you how I know your current play style is the cause of your frustration.  And the positive result of it being your fault, is that you have all the control to change it.  It's in your hands.  That's a great thing knowing that you can change this and that this isn't a result of some external force or broken system.  Proof again that you can change this is that myself and other unicum players didn't become unicum until we learned how to fix it as well.  I struggled with your problem and I researched and learned from those who figured it out who likely learned from someone else who figured it out before them.  If you listen to me, and make the adjustment, you will see your game improve and all I ask is that you pass it on to someone later who is in your shoes now.

Here we go:

The ideal window of survival rate (battles survived / battles played) that the top 10% of players fall into is 40-50% depending on their play style.  40% being more on the aggressive side.  50% more on the conservative side (I myself am at 55% and I admit I'm a [female reproductive organ](long range sniper play style, heck my Skyrim chr was an archer/fireball mage for Pete's sake) and my performance (63% win rate in the last 800 games) will get even better when I get my fingernails dirty a little more by not ending so many battles with as much health as I do).

Where is your survival rate?

Anywhere in that 40-50% range?

Not even 30%.

NOT EVEN 20%!!

Your survival rate is 99 battles survived in 646 games.  That's a survival rate of 15.3%

Now I suggest you take some time to let that marinate.  Because 30% is pretty significant of a shortfall and already considered by many to be a suicidal level of aggression.  20% is outrageous to the point of being considered a suiciding griefer, purposely trying to sabotage a match, or at least having no care or consideration of the team and winning which in the eyes of many is the same thing as griefing.  Anything lower is off the charts.  If you are not living past 10 minutes in the majority of your matches, I don't care how much you think you did in capping or damage, if the battle is still going on after you're dead, that means the enemy can still win and there's nothing you can do to stop them.  And with a survival rate as low as yours, while there is no statistic to track the average length of time you survive in battles, there is no doubt you are dying way too often even before 5 minutes expires.

I sincerely hope you do the following:

#1. Recognize how off your perception is but also understand you have total control in making the changes to overcome your frustration/challenges, we've all been there.

#2. Recognize that if I were really being condescending, would I have taken the time to analyze your stats to see what's glaring as to a possible cause of your frustration as well as take the time to break this down for you?

#3. Recognize the stark contrast in player thought process between winners who seek out solutions to their challenges by posing questions (How do you guys handle being singled out by a CV?) and lower performing players who write complaints and frustration-type posts making statements as if the issue is a reality that is unavoidable or broken.  The alpha male/female is proactive, the beta male/female is reactive.  Read your OP and ask yourself what you sound more like, what kind of mindset does it more closely represent and then ask yourself if that is a healthy approach?

#4. I'm not sure what your future chronicles entail, it sounds like you plan to write more of these.  But I encourage you first to seek out the top ranked players and share with them the challenges you are facing and ask them how they overcame it.

We can be very condescending to people who act entitled or complain, but we are some of the nicest people around when we see someone genuinely taking personal accountability for their own successes and failures and demonstrates a passion to listen, absorb and put advice into practice with a positive and healthy perspective.  It's nothing personal, it's just that we get a ton of people whining on these forums about things that can easily be resolved if they let go of their pride and truly listened instead of making excuses we've heard thousands of times before.

Dennis Miller said it best, "I'm all for helping the truly helpless, I'm done helping the voluntarily clueless."

Take my advice, don't take my advice.  Consider it helpful, consider it condescending.  That is entirely up to you and where you wish to be on the alpha/beta spectrum.  Either way, at the end of the day, we're only as good as the results we produce.  Top producers didn't complain their way to the top.  They are clearly doing something you're not doing.  They are clearly doing something I didn't do when I first started playing.  I mirrored them, I soaked up every little thing they did like a sponge completely letting go of any past belief of how I thought the game should be played or how I should play it, and it worked.  It can work for you.  You just have to want it bad enough to let go of what you think you know.

Good luck!

Wow, that was a long comment lol

I thank you for the advice and will gladly take some of your points into account during my games.  I did not mean I wanted anything sugarcoated, I merely meant that everyone should talk to each other more as friends exchanging useful information than a parent who just caught you lying about taking out the trash  :)

That's all I meant by that.

I will try to pick up some new tips.....no matter how different they may be.  It's strange, as I find that the Youtubers like Notser and iChase pretty much recommend the classic way of playing destroyers, but they probably know something I don't.  In the mean time, I'll experiment with both ways of gameplay and see which works best.  Also, I don't really take survival rate into account to often, which is somewhat obvious I guess.  I'm no professional gamer, but I'm also no noob, and my win rates prove that.  My mindset when I get into a game is very John Paul Jones-ish - Do as much damage as you possibly can to help your team, and if you're going to go down, go down swinging and take as many of them down with you as possible.  Hence my low survivability rate.  I am a very aggressive player, no matter what class I play as, and I'm not sure if that's something I'll ever be able to help.  It's just the way I play.  If I'm in a DD, zoom in, do damage, retreat, and repeat.  For battleships- stay at long distance for awhile and wind down the enemy's healthpool, then get close with the aid of BB's and cruisers to finish the job.  Cruisers, stay at medium range, support BB's and DD's by positioning in between the 2, and use the DPM to bring down enemy DD', and CA's, while setting battleships ablaze.  

I'm always striving to do better, so I'll see how these new tactics work.  

Thank you sir.

On a final note, what WOWS stat checking site do you use?  I use http://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1011526418,Oddball_gunner/ but is there any others?

Members
65 posts
4,480 battles

almost every DD captain, even up to tier 10 does it.

They attempt to cap, but run when it's not possible. Dying early says you can't use your speed in the later stages. Evading detection early is a DD's #1 responsibility. When you get detected, your first priority is to respond quickly because your advantage has disappeared.

Sign in to follow this