You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sandman1969

Well, guess I'm goin to sell the Amagi now

103 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

14 matches 5 wins. So not a keeper. Every other BB I got blows this outta the water and I play them all the same.

I just cannot get wins nor the hits no matter what I try to do with her and it seems to be  HE magnet as shots never seem to miss hitting her while zig zagging.

I regret buying the Amagi as it is one of the worst ships I have had along with my Yorck & Kirov.

My Nagato's average xp is 1175 whereas my Amagi is less than 800. Something is wrong here & I play both the same way I play all my BBs.

I think I need to reiterate.

Amagi is one of MY worst ships does not mean that I think she's one of the worst ingame. Just means she's bad in my hands currently, which seems to be missed by many of you since I never once said she was bad overall.

When I play BBs, I change direction when I see incoming fire to the best of my ability. Fast firing cruisers can still hit you easily.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

LOL. Okay, you do that. If you think that of the Amagi, you don't deserve to own her. My favorite BB in the game, and notoriously one of the best for it's tier in the game. I don't know if you're playing her stock or what, but never pass judgment on a ship until it's fully upgraded. She is an outstanding fast battleship.

laughing2_zpstaisbiuh.gif

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,711 battles

Facepalm.

The Amagi is an amazing ship!  If you can't do well in it with your stats, it's clearly a case of operator error.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Every IJN BB suffers stock syndrome. Get at least the B hull before you make a judgement. Amagi is one of the best BBs in the game.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Amagi is a bad ship?

Kirov is a bad ship?

Xjg46bM.gif

• Cool 3

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

14 matches 5 wins. So not a keeper. Every other BB I got blows this outta the water.

I just cannot get wins nor the hits no matter what I try to do with her and it seems to be  HE magnet as shots never seem to miss hitting her while zig zagging.

I regret buying the Amagi as it is one of the worst ships I have had along with my Yorck & Kirov.

My Nagato's average xp is 1175 whereas my Amagi is less than 800. Something is wrong here & I play both the same way I play all my BBs.

There's your problem.  You cannot play the Amagi like a battleship, she does not have the armor to tank even DD shells broadside at some ranges.  The IJN battlecruisers (MyogiKongo, and Amagi) require that you constantly maneuver and WASD to dodging/angle incoming fire otherwise you will get steamrollered by incoming shots.  Amagi in particular suffers from improper defensive play because her armor is only as good as Kongo's at T5 while having a much larger citadel relative to her hull size.

You're also likely on the stock hull, which has a flatter shape (and is thus harder to angle) and has the terrible stock guns that can't pen anything.  If you truly did play all the IJN BBs up to Amagi, you should also know by now that the IJN BBs suffer from horrible stock grinds with the Izumo maybe being the first exception now that they buffed her.

Edited by TenguBlade

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

No, it couldn't be that you are bad in the amagi. It's that amagi is bad. of course.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

First off, I never once said she was a bad ship by any means.

Secondly, I also never said that it wasn't me that was the issue.

And yes, she is updated.

Out of all the ships I have/had, only a few I cannot do well in.

So far it's Yorck, Kirov, Amagi, Wyoming.

Look at my stats, I'm not a bad player. Just some ships do not work for me.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,845 battles

Funny I had close to 70% W/R in Nagato and was excited to get the Amagi... the first 20 or so battles I HATED it... I couldn't hit anything, couldn't bounce anything and was just a complete waste of space on our teams.

After that, and I can't even pinpoint a specific upgrade, it turned into beast mode for me. I loved it.  I still have it sitting in the port.  I think I like the Tirpitz a bit more but that Amagi was fantastic.

Upgrade it, give it some more time, and see what you think..

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

First off, I never once said she was a bad ship by any means.

Secondly, I also never said that it wasn't me that was the issue.

Out of all the ships I have/had, only a few I cannot do well in.

So far it's Yorck, Kirov, Amagi, Wyoming.

Look at my stats, I'm not a bad player. Just some ships do not work for me.

And I quote: "the Amagi is one of the worst ships I have". Do you even read the things you type?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

14 matches 5 wins. So not a keeper. Every other BB I got blows this outta the water.

So you're selling a ship after only 14 matches? That really is NOT enough time to judge a ship. And that ship really is not bad. Looking at her last and present stats, she routinely over performs the other T8 BBs. This just seems yet again as not the ship but the player. When I'm in my NC and I see an Amagi, I know from experience to keep an eye on her and if I need to engage her only to do it at bow on and try to force her to give me her broadside. Even if I have to play chicken and threaten to ram her just to get her to turn. Not to mention she has some pretty good secondaries.

Don't give up on the ship. Learn to play her. Not every ship is going to work for everyone though. But eventually the grind will be worth it because you will get to that floating impenetrable wall they call the Yamato.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[KMS3]
Members
1,293 posts
7,943 battles

And I quote: "the Amagi is one of the worst ships I have". Do you even read the things you type?

So they guy can't have an opinion if it differs from yours?  He stated he doesn't do well in it so it's not for him.  Everyone has their own preferences and play styles.

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles

For ME, it is. That doesn't say it's bad overall. For ME, it is right now.

Worst ship I   have, not worst ship in game.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

To be fair, Amagi is one of the lowest ranked T8s on the RU server, and there was even a complaint or two of her needing a buff.

It's probably just a difference of playstyle between players and groups.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

So they guy can't have an opinion if it differs from yours?  He stated he doesn't do well in it so it's not for him.  Everyone has their own preferences and play styles.

He can prefer all he wants. It is a fact that the Amagi is one of the best ships in the game. He doesn't need to tell the forums, especially if he isn't even asking for advice. Even if he was there's lots of ship guides out there.

For ME, it is. That doesn't say it's bad overall. For ME, it is right now.

Worst ship I   have, not worst ship in game.

That statement doesn't at all articulate that. When you say I have it just means you own it. Not that it doesn't suit your play style.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I struggled with Amagi.

It made me revisit the USN line out of frustration and for that I'm thankful.

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
46,940 battles

I had difficult time with Amagi, but I've finally turned it around with her. I sold the NC, but bought her back. Do yourself a favor and hang onto the Amagi. Play your lower level level BBs for a while. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

To be fair, Amagi is one of the lowest ranked T8s on the RU server, and there was even a complaint or two of her needing a buff.

I'll be the first to admit I love, and have a fascination with WW2 era ships, especially Axis ones, but dear lord we do not need to buff the Amagi, lol. Just leave her where she's at.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

I hear that the Russians like to form up into a death ball and charge. If so I could see why they have issues since Amagi isn't really a ship to bum rush an enemy with.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I hear that the Russians like to form up into a death ball and charge. If so I could see why they have issues since Amagi isn't really a ship to bum rush an enemy with.

Let's also keep in mind that the RU server wanted VMF CLs BUFFED. Like LOL, they lost all credibility with me right there.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Because statistically she's one of the best ships in the game?  Might have something to do with it.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Because statistically she's one of the best ships in the game?  Might have something to do with it.

that and the T5 CL strapped to each side for secondaries....

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

GUTB? Did you reroll?

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Let's also keep in mind that the RU server wanted VMF CLs BUFFED. Like LOL, they lost all credibility with me right there.

Also, Montana was doing about 3% better than Yamato on the RU server as well, which in WG terms, is starting to push OP territory (CVs and IJN DDs performance were at a 55% or greater average until their nerfs).  I'm kind of looking forward to the "IJN Battleships Needs a Buff" posts from them that will invariably happen, just to witness the fallout here and EU, since NA's server is <1% difference now between the two, and EU is the only server where Yamato is still has a >1% performance over Montana.  Asia for the record is at >1% in favor of Montana and slowly climbing.  This is at 2 weeks of play.  Though we'll need to wait another 2 weeks to see if the module changes has made it better or worse for all ships, not just those two.

But again, the issue as far as OP is concerned is just a notable difference in playstyle.  Some cannot adapt to a ship despite the best advice given, and that's ok.  Maybe a part of it runs counter to their preference.  Maybe they just had a string of bad luck and need time off from said ship.  Regardless, the thing I brought up with the RU server was that they too can't make some ships work out as well as the NA server can, and the same applies in reverse.  I mean, most of their USN ships are performing at or above the level of their IJN counterparts, with only a few notable exceptions (Nola flat out sucks even Russians can't make it work, and Baltimore is almost at that level as well).

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Content moderated by JayStark02

Edited by JayStark02