Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Naughtius_Maximus

Crossroads

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

I have enough, finally, for either North Carolina or Amagi. The other will have to wait a few months as I scrounge up 10 million again.

Questions

1. Are they playable stock, and if so which one is more bearable?

2. If I were to free exp one module, which one would be the most beneficial?

3. Would Amagi +1 module or North Carolina +1 module be more bearable to play?

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Don't play Amagi stock.

If I were to free exp one module on each: Engines on NC, and Hull B on Amagi.

Ok, good feedback. Now, would you rather grind using an Engine NC or B Amagi. I still have to pick between the two.

Members
6,586 posts
8,564 battles

Ok, good feedback. Now, would you rather grind using an Engine NC or B Amagi. I still have to pick between the two.

The Amagi is very playable on the B hull, I've played 60 games in my Amagi and have yet to get the C hull(never feel like I have the credits to invest in it and the range module). On the other hand, NC is playable stock, so long as you have the engine upgrade. That extra speed you get(can hit 28kts in a straight line) is invaluable to your survival.

As for which one I'd rather grind? Hard for me to say. One, I've played through both already, they were both fun to play, two, it really comes down to your playstyle. Do you prefer to be a battleship and dish out more damage than you take? Can you handle the bow on meta well? Or do you like to move around the map quickly and have the ability to flex more than the traditional BB?

If you're like the former, then I'd suggest the NC, if you're more like the latter then I'd suggest the Amagi. Both are excellent ships, but both must be played differently to achieve their full potential. So honestly, I don't feel comfortable telling you which is better for you, as each ship has different strengths and weaknesses, which is why I'd only suggest one or the other.

Edit: To clarify some more, I played both my Amagi and NC as you've asked. I only had the engines on the NC until I was able to grind out the B hull, and I free exp'd into the Amagi B hull and didn't take her out of port until I had it purchased and mounted. I had my best damage game ever in the stock NC(207,000 damage, and it still holds my damage record to this day, and this was before any of the recent buffs to her). The Amagi I do above average in(according to warships.today stats), and I enjoyed playing Amagi quite a lot, which I feel is evident of my 60 games in her so far and still not having the C hull purchased. But, like I said, it's really up to you and in my opinion, comes down to individual play style.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

If you're okay with creative play, Amagi is viable stock, but NC is probably the more forgiving stock ship.

I'm assuming you want to use your chosen ship to grind out the other over time? Amagi is traditionally the better ship, but the last patch changed that somewhat. If you're a math-based shooter, NC won't throw you for fits the way she does most players. If you're more gut-based, Amagi will feel more comfortable.

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Na, I don't particularly care. What's killing me when it comes to these grinds isn't my enjoyment, it's credits. I mean I make them, even up to Kagero.

I just don't make a lot, haha. Meaning the ship I'm not picking is going to sit unbought for maybe 2 months or more.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Na, I don't particularly care. What's killing me when it comes to these grinds isn't my enjoyment, it's credits. I mean I make them, even up to Kagero.

I just don't make a lot, haha. Meaning the ship I'm not picking is going to sit unbought for maybe 2 months or more.

I'm guessing you aren't on a premium account?

Still, even a premium ship will make creds pretty well in comparison to a tree ship.

I ran into the problem of being T8 on every non CV line and not being able to continue to progress. I pretty much quit playing Mogami and Tashkent because of it. It takes a lot of time to earn creds to completely spec a T9-10, then you can't really play them if you are still pushing another line. The grind is real....

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Noooooope. I really should, but meh. I make money with whatever I play anyways (barring Independence.) Don't really feel the need to grind.

That might change with a tier 8 BB of course, but I'll find out soon enough haha.

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
19,967 battles

I would go with the amagi over the NC. The NC's accuracy even after the "buff" still drives me mental...

I checked my own 100 day stats and I still put out about 10k more average damage in the amagi over the NC. The amagi's greater speed and accuracy gives you more control over the battle, leading to more wins. Just keep in mind though that planes will be a problem for you as the AA is pretty bad...

[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,706 battles

Just popped in hoping to see either a Robert Johnson or Eric Clapton clip.

I'm highly disappointed.

Sign in to follow this