You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Michaelpb

Captain Experience?

6 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
6,256 battles

Can someone direct me to something that explains how this works?   They seem to get a certain amount and then stop.   Then I see guys who clearly have advanced captain skills at lower levels.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Captains get the same amount of XP as the ship itself. Any XP that is general, or applies to the ship, also goes to the captain. So if you earn 2500 XP in a battle, the ship gets 2500 XP and the captain gets 2500 XP.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Can someone direct me to something that explains how this works?   They seem to get a certain amount and then stop.   Then I see guys who clearly have advanced captain skills at lower levels.

They guys you are seeing with lot's of skills are known as seal clubbers ( I am one occasionally  :trollface:  )  .   They are people that have done a LOT of battles and most times use premium ships to bump their commanders up faster while having them in low tier ships ,   Also with premium ships you can put any commander of that nation in it at no penalty . So if you have a Tachibanna ( tier 2 IJN DD ) you can put a high skill point commander ( like say 15 skill points ) in her like I do when i play her .

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,059 battles

They guys you are seeing with lot's of skills are known as seal clubbers ( I am one occasionally  :trollface:  )  .   They are people that have done a LOT of battles and most times use premium ships to bump their commanders up faster while having them in low tier ships ,   Also with premium ships you can put any commander of that nation in it at no penalty . So if you have a Tachibanna ( tier 2 IJN DD ) you can put a high skill point commander ( like say 15 skill points ) in her like I do when i play her .

For no-penalty transfers, you can move a captain from normal ship X to the Premium ship and back to ship X. If you move the captain from the Premium ship to ship Y, then you have to pay retraining costs, etc. Also, remember that captain's skills stay the same unless you pay to rearrange them. So my Molotov is great for training the Budyonny captain but lousy for my Kiev captain (unless I want to pay to rearrange skills twice). 

Note that "elite" ships earn more XP and captain's points. You have to research (not necessarily buy) all of the upgrades and research the next ship above in that line to get elite status. 

Theres a flag that boosts captain's experience. On sale last month and I wish I'd bought more. And the camo bought with doubloons boosts captain's points as well. Neither may be worth it below 10 points; however, getting the 15th point and Concealment Expert on my Minekaze took a long time even with those boosts.