You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

POLL: Do you want Kitakami back in WOWS?

Lets show WG that some of us want Kitakami back in WOWS  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Kitakami back in WOWS?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want bacon?

• Yes
    • No

51 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

This poll is to show WG that some of us want Kitakami back in WOWS

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I just want to collect it for funsies. Also, 40 torps is so troll.

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

Who wouldn't want that funky ship back in this game.

People that don't want the TKing or the waste of a ship on their team...

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

This is why Kitakami should come back:

The screams of players, should this be put back into game... the screams... the tears... the rage... the Rage... THE Rage... RAGE!!!! :P:ohmy::D

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

It really depends on how it is implemented. Premium ship? No way. Reward ship? Of course.

0 posts

I would love to have a playable Kitakami in World of Warships, but the issues still exist due to how hard it is to balance it, the Kitakami is a tier 7, her only useful weapons are her torpedos, which while very numerous, are fragile, short-range, and take very long to reload, other than this, she has horrible gun firepower, and Anti-aircraft weapons since many were removed to make space for the torpedoes, overall the main issue is how to make it fun to play, and easy to play. 

Beta Testers
263 posts
2,620 battles

Bring it back, but not as a premium ship that any idiot can buy (and then misuse). Make it a special mission reward so only competent players will get their hands on it.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

Bring it back, but not as a premium ship that any idiot can buy (and then misuse). Make it a special mission reward so only competent players will get their hands on it.

​Geeeeeeeeesssss... why do people always have to use logic and common sense. Ruins a perfectly good forum. :trollface::D

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Made sure my "no" vote gets counted. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
152 posts
3,656 battles

I think I remember dying more times from my own team mates driving that ship than ever dying from an enemy team mate driving that ship.  

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

No

No

NOOO

NO WALLS OF TORPS!

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I want it back in the game, but it should only be available as a special offer, which only certain players meeting its requirements can get (such as meeting one of these:  Been an Alpha Player, been a Closed Beta Player, been an experienced IJN DD player, or been an experienced IJN cruiser player).

Personally, I'd love it if she came with 3 different types of torpedo choices:

20km torpedoes - slowest torps / longest spotted range / highest damage - For general area denial rather than legitimate damage-dealing (then pay cash each battle due to the cost of the long lances overpowering any Premium benefits)

12km torpedoes - average torpedo speeds / average spotted range / average damage - Only having a 1km stealth window between being spotted and being able to torp, no stealth firing at all if TA is used.

Zao's F3 torpedoes - short-range but high-speed and almost-stealthly - Purely for suicidal giggles on island-heavy maps.

Beta Testers
67 posts
12,306 battles

I'd say, Kitakami and Atlanta are two most fun-to-play ships in CBT. I didn't buy it but I played about 50 matches total in my friend's account. Truth to be told, they are not op, neither strong, but they are really fun.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

I want it back in the game, but it should only be available as a special offer, which only certain players meeting its requirements can get (such as meeting one of these:  Been an Alpha Player, been a Closed Beta Player, been an experienced IJN DD player, or been an experienced IJN cruiser player).

20km torpedoes - slowest torps / longest spotted range / highest damage - For general area denial rather than legitimate damage-dealing (then pay cash each battle due to the cost of the long lances overpowering any Premium benefits)

12km torpedoes - average torpedo speeds / average spotted range / average damage - Only having a 1km stealth window between being spotted and being able to torp, no stealth firing at all if TA is used.

Zao's F3 torpedoes - short-range but high-speed and almost-stealthly - Purely for suicidal giggles on island-heavy maps.

IF they were to bring it back, I would be willing to bet they would gimp the range and the speed as well as the damage to make it attempt to balance. 

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

IF they were to bring it back, I would be willing to bet they would gimp the range and the speed as well as the damage to make it attempt to balance. 

They already did, as it last existed it had 10km torps and was a total turd...
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Mr_Alex if you are going to try and farm forum discontent at least be creative.

h9Grm4x.png

20km torpedoes - slowest torps / longest spotted range / highest damage - For general area denial rather than legitimate damage-dealing (then pay cash each battle due to the cost of the long lances overpowering any Premium benefits)

12km torpedoes - average torpedo speeds / average spotted range / average damage - Only having a 1km stealth window between being spotted and being able to torp, no stealth firing at all if TA is used.

Zao's F3 torpedoes - short-range but high-speed and almost-stealthly - Purely for suicidal giggles on island-heavy maps.

Spotting range does not matter, Allies cant even dodge kita torp walls and they always can see the torps. Kita was OP when it was first in and it didnt get 20km torps and it was broke with the 10km torps (for the driver, the allies, and the enemies) 

Let me just drop 20 torps that can go 20 km and then drop another set of 20 km torps as soon as I turn around, nobody on this side of the map will escape - Kitkat driver

Edited by 1nv4d3rZ1m

Members
46 posts
7,667 battles

This is why Kitakami should come back:

Yesssss.  The original torp wall.  So many lamentations!

"Get the Kita!"

"OMG Kita scrub"

"Kita OP"

Battleship driver complaints about torpedo spam have fallen to dangerously low levels.  WoWs needs more Kita.:playing:

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I used to hate these players. 

Actually watching the misfortune of them running into my torpedo wall done by a Kitakami is utterly hilarious Kitakami, Kitakami is basically the ultimate troll ship in WOWS

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I frankly wouldn't care if they got 20 km torpedoes with only 8k damage per torp, or 12km torpedoes with only 12k damage per torp as long as Kitakami is in-game.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

20km torps with 8k dmg each ?  a very interesting and appealing notion.

Lots of tops but weak damage (especially after torpedo belt reduction), but perfect for interdiction and flushing out ppl hiding in smoke (like Russian/American DDs)

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Kita Poll 2:1 wants it back, the Yes is winning