NikoPower

Minimum Battle Count for Forum Posts

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

64 posts in this topic

Captains!

Recently we have had a flood of credit card spammers and various other forms of other spamming going on. So we have followed in line with what the forums of our other products have done. We set a minimum battle count before you can post. It is currently set at 5 COMPLETE RANDOM BATTLES ON THE NA SERVER with the exception of the Newcomers and Support sections. This number may come down in the future, but for now this is where it will stay. This shouldn't have an affect on very many of you at all. 

If you are a poster with more than 5 random battles on the NA server and you still unable to post, please reach out to me through forum PM so I can look into this. Thanks!!!

Interesting way to circumvent that problem. Highly effective and creative. Unless we see a flood of AFK players at Tier 1.

If you are a poster with more than 10 posts and you still unable to post, please reach out to me through forum PM so I can look into this. Thanks!!!

More than 10 posts or battles?

More than 10 posts or battles?

I ran across a forum thread that I wished to comment on early in my WoWs play and was informed that I did not have the required number of posts to comment. It keeps noobs like me from making ignorant comments I guess.

I ran across a forum thread that I wished to comment on early in my WoWs play and was informed that I did not have the required number of posts to comment. It keeps noobs like me from making ignorant comments I guess.

No.. that remains the domain of the forum elite.

I agree. I often see these type of scammers in the late hours of the night posting multiple forum threads. This should get rid of them all hopefully. Keep up that good work!

I haven't completed my ten battles.. :trollface:

today

So they will counter by farming AFK tier 1 ships out there for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

I'm thinking they must SINK 10 VESSELS...   Even in Co-op, that takes some effort.

A little off-topic, but I half expected WG to start putting up billboards on the islands.

"Shoot HERE for a code to get 10% off Doubloons" (sucks to be in a CV)

Then again, the bargains might end up re-enacting some  Black Friday nightmares...  As team-killing goes rampant to get to the 'Free Emden' poster.

No.. that remains the domain of the forum elite.

Yet if you are not able to post then forever you shall not be able to post.... consider... :hiding: 

Captains!

Recently we have had a flood of credit card spammers and various other forms of other spamming going on. So we have followed in line with what the forums of our other products have done. We set a minimum battle count before you can post. It is currently set at 10 COMPLETE BATTLES with the exception of the Newcomers and Support sections. This number may come down in the future, but for now this is where it will stay. This shouldn't have an affect on very many of you at all. 

If you are a poster with more than 10 battles and you still unable to post, please reach out to me through forum PM so I can look into this. Thanks!!!

That's pretty fair :).

A very good choice Niko-Corgi~! I'm sure this will immensely help with the issue of bots coming into our forums, +1 :) I hope it works. 

A little off-topic, but I half expected WG to start putting up billboards on the islands.

"Shoot HERE for a code to get 10% off Doubloons" (sucks to be in a CV)

Then again, the bargains might end up re-enacting some  Black Friday nightmares...  As team-killing goes rampant to get to the 'Free Emden' poster.

Got Dive bombers for that! Then again, they'll probably miss.

Only 10? O-o

hey that is what i was saying

Captains!

Recently we have had a flood of credit card spammers and various other forms of other spamming going on. So we have followed in line with what the forums of our other products have done. We set a minimum battle count before you can post. It is currently set at 10 COMPLETE BATTLES with the exception of the Newcomers and Support sections. This number may come down in the future, but for now this is where it will stay. This shouldn't have an affect on very many of you at all. 

If you are a poster with more than 10 battles and you still unable to post, please reach out to me through forum PM so I can look into this. Thanks!!!

Should be at least 100 battles to start threads.

Niko working on a Sunday?!  

Good stuff, by the way.  Thanks!

Should be at least 100 battles to start threads.

That wouldn't affect the Usual Suspects who make baffling and unreadable rage threads weekly

Captains!

I knew that was the reason behind this restriction, but good work Niko. It should take care of the illegal spammers.

this won't do, make it 20!:sceptic:

Off-Topic section require 20 battles to re-access.

Huh. This is a good way to combat the spammers. Kudos to you guys for implementing it. ^.^