Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warrior4445

Out of ideas and options

15 comments in this topic

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

I am completely out of ideas and options when it comes to trying to optimize the loading times of this game, every match I load in, anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes past the match start. It is getting frustrating, even more so when the recent 0.5.5 patch was suppose to fix all this stuff.

To get this all out of the way, specs and fix attempts will be listed.

CPU: AMD FX-8530

GPU: Radeon R9 380 with 4GB VRAM

RAM: 8 GB

The game is on a 2TB hard drive with Steam being the only other thing on the drive, files are no compressed, game has exceptions through both my AV file scanner and Windows Firewall. Resolution was dropped from 1920x1080 to 1280x768. Graphics were dropped from Custom (High) to Medium, with Textures and Draw Distance put back at max, V-Sync was turned off. At this point I am just at a loss as to what to do next, because it is frustrating to have a game that honestly is not all that system demanding running and loading so poorly.

Edited by Ghosts_of_War

[DARTH]
[DARTH]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
133 posts
14,585 battles

Have you tried Support?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

When you say 'on its own regular harddrive', do you mean a separate drive with only WoWS on it?

I'm running a cheap Seagate 1tb drive which has my entire system on it, WoWS and a ton of other stuff. 8GB memory. I load in when there's ~40s left in the countdown, most of the time. My CPU (i5 450) is a bit more powerful than yours, though you have the more powerful graphics card than my GTX 960. I don't think the CPU would make such a difference TBH.

Have you tried running with as little loaded into memory as possible? IE, no web browser, no virus scanner, no IMs, no Skype, nothing? Have you tried installing WoWS on your system drive?

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

When you say 'on its own regular harddrive', do you mean a separate drive with only WoWS on it?

I'm running a cheap Seagate 1tb drive which has my entire system on it, WoWS and a ton of other stuff. 8GB memory. I load in when there's ~40s left in the countdown, most of the time. My CPU (i5 450) is a bit more powerful than yours, though you have the more powerful graphics card than my GTX 960. I don't think the CPU would make such a difference TBH.

Have you tried running with as little loaded into memory as possible? IE, no web browser, no virus scanner, no IMs, no Skype, nothing? Have you tried installing WoWS on your system drive?

Hey Lert,

The only thing on the Hard Drive is my WoWS, and my Steam. As for background processes in memory, No I have not. As for running it on my system drive, I just moved it off my system drive as my system drive is an older 1 TB HDD

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

Have you tried Support?

No, as honestly, I don't think I am going to get much of any help from support, as they are just going to tell me to uninstall, reinstall, and probably tweak my graphics settings.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 

more powerful than mine and I'm loaded with at least 30 seconds left on the clock.   

Not sure on your processor, but maybe it's an AMD thing?  I have an intel  i7-4700

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

more powerful than mine and I'm loaded with atleast 30 seconds left on the clock.   

Not sure on your processor, but maybe it's an AMD thing?  I have an intel  i7-4700

It might be, I have noticed a lot of games seem to load slower, however I have a couple of friends who are also running AMD setups and they are loaded into a match with 45 to 50 seconds left on the clock. Mind you I never seemed to have this issue when it was in Alpha, once it went into Closed Beta, I kept having issues with getting disconnected from server mid match, and now it is slow loading times. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

I really don't know what could be the issue. Sorry.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

Wow, your system shouldn't be doing this.  Have you run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan or the equivalent?  AV doesn't always catch everything.  Also, disable triple buffering in your vid settings, modern cards don't need it.

Beyond that, sounds like a support ticket.

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

I really don't know what could be the issue. Sorry.

It's not your fault, Lert, I am not blaming you at all. Also I took your suggestion about closing out all background programs, minus my TS and CPU Cooling Monitor, and used the stop watch on my phone. This was the results. My loading bar did not start filling up until 1:47 had passed after getting the mission screen, the bar finished filling at 2:27, I was not in game until 3:02.  So 3 minutes after first getting put into battle before I can even start to contribute?  Is rather screwy lol.

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

Wow, your system shouldn't be doing this.  Have you run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan or the equivalent?  AV doesn't always catch everything.  Also, disable triple buffering in your vid settings, modern cards don't need it.

Beyond that, sounds like a support ticket.

I have run malware scans, defragged my hard drive, and when I changed my resolution it disable triple buffering automatically, and I am still having these issues. 

EDIT: As I mentioned in one of the earlier posts, I don't see the point in bothering with a support ticket, as they are most likely going to tell me to try the same options that I have already done. (defrag, lower resolution, lower graphics, so on and so forth.) 

Edited by Ghosts_of_War

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

It's not your fault, Lert, I am not blaming you at all. Also I took your suggestion about closing out all background programs, minus my TS and CPU Cooling Monitor, and used the stop watch on my phone. This was the results. My loading bar did not start filling up until 1:47 had passed after getting the mission screen, the bar finished filling at 2:27, I was not in game until 3:02.  So 3 minutes after first getting put into battle before I can even start to contribute?  Is rather screwy lol.

have you tried monitoring your CPU / GPU / Memory Usage while the matches are loading?  perhaps one of those will help you ID where the system is bogging down on the load.

[I-B]
Members
52 posts
16,130 battles

Could be your network connection as well , most people blame the Drive, cpu etc, when it is as simple as a network connection.

If you are running wirelessly, try hardwiring directly into the router/modem.... if you are running say 4g (cellphone wireless) that is a major problem as well.

Also if you are on a DSL line you will have issues as well some times.

Sign in to follow this