Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Ranked Battles - I'm stinking like roadkill skunk

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Of course I sold my USN DD gunboats... so I went Kami R and of course got smeared all over the place by Farraguts... so now building up coins to get a Farragut and/or Mahan... 

Lost like five in a row - my apologies. So what next I pondered... need cash, want to compete in Ranked... hmmm...

Murmansk! Yay! Indeed, she took me to my first victory in Ranked. 

How's ranked going for you guys? 

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

My losses are usually because we lose destroyers because they leave the team's effective zone of support or I overextend because I'm too aggressive 

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

Getting stomped into the ground by destroyers in my Kamikaze, and Gremyaschy.

Even when I rake in 3 or so kills(on the rare occasion i do), the team doesn't seem to be able to follow. 

I'm just gonna drop out of ranked. Not worth my hair falling out me thinks.

Your mileage may vary.

[JASH]
Members
22 posts
8,457 battles

1-2

2 losses in my Aoba, team work was the issue here.

1 win in my Nurmberg, we just circled the enemy and well, pounded them into oblivion, I actually spent most of the battle in reverse and going back forward, and reverse - LOL

Did rank from 22 to 21 - YAY!!! I am hooked though! Want to get in my Myoko and level up my Nurmberg as well!

Thanks,

Saerison

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Notice a pattern:  Other team is all Clevelands and Mutsuki's - and I'm in an Indy CV.

So I switch to a Cleveland -- now the other team is all Fuso's

I'm afraid if I switch to a Fuso, I'll be fighting 7 strike Indys.

Despite the strange MM workings, there were even more strange RNG CV malfunctions..   It was so bad I had to sneak my bombers around the edge of the map and found a nice BB sitting in the back.  As I get close, I see a DD next to it.  Really?  I can't click on the DD to attack with bombers? -- it just sends them there - How about the BB..  it took that - oh but is went invisible now -- back to the DD...  Fighters show up - 7 planes shot down in 3 seconds - they didn't even do a fighter sweep.

So lets attack that squadron of 4 low ammo indy planes with 14 of mine.   Got them, but he got 10 of mine.

They had 3 IJN destroyers to our one USSR - they pretty much wiped the face of the map over.

I go over it again and again..  I can't think of anything we could have done.  It's a game, and sometimes the 'luck' gets bent by the mechanisms to make it fair.  Unfortunately, these were so far from fair MMs that it's a guaranteed loss..

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

You knew this was coming....

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

Sometimes you just have to put in your games for the day, get tired and move on.

I've gotten one win in my Molotov all day, and I'm committed to her for the season until I get Rank 15 since I believe that I will have better performance sticking to one hull than jumping all over the place. I got a win the first random battle with her after trying rank all day, and I think I'm going to stick with random battles for the rest of the day.

At some point the truly above average players all around will climb on up and out of the Fourth League and populated the Third League. Strats will solidify, average players will have a better idea of what to do. I think things will get more forgiving after that.

Edited by fijkus

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

You knew this was coming....

Thank you - must be an aberrant memory that just fired on a couple of cylinders because you made me smile. 

I like everyone's thoughts and have to say they do smooth things over. Going into these ranked matches with a smile makes it much more fun :-) Now ya got yer dead skunk... 

Sign in to follow this