You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Ranked and communication

7 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
Members
964 posts

Very nice to see ranked back. It is refreshing and fun gameplay.

Frustrating is that communication is non existent. Folks still run off in random directions.

About a year ago wargaming posted on their site info about curse as such

It is a standalone program that will connect players with  VOIP(Voice over IP) in  the current match. After the match is over all will disconnect automatically.

Very few people have it but when I run into someone it works like a charm.

Please guys give it a try, it will make ranked so much better. I promise

Here is some more info on the program

Learux

Edited by Learux
  • Cool 1

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

It is a shame that WG stresses team work as necessary and then doesn't provide tools or motivation in game to provide for it.

There's no ability to communicate with people pre or post match.  Vocal or in chat.

The only way to communicate with people in game is by over-clicking on the map (which they recently nerfed...) and the use of vulgarity in chat by calling ships (usually DDs) useless for not doing their job.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

The only way to communicate with people in game is by over-clicking on the map (which they recently nerfed...) and the use of vulgarity in chat by calling ships (usually DDs) useless for not doing their job.

I certainly utilize both methods to great effect :D

It's possible that voice comms are de facto discouraged to prevent people from learning about their mother's sexual exploits from angry 13 year olds like they do in Call of Duty... But instead they have to deal with an angry 30 year old telling the cowardly BBs and DDs in chat where exactly they need to go ASAP (hint: this location isn't always on the map).

• Cool 2

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

they should add voice comm's to ranked..like tank companys had in WOT..just for this reason

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

It's possible that voice comms are de facto discouraged to prevent people from learning about their mother's sexual exploits from angry 13 year olds like they do in Call of Duty... But instead they have to deal with an angry 30 year old telling the cowardly BBs and DDs in chat where exactly they need to go ASAP (hint: this location isn't always on the map).

^ding ding ding.

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

Use Curse with my Div buddies on the Asian server and find it really good.

Haven't used it to connect with random players in a team though...hopefully will run into some today and give it a try

About the only issue I have with it at the moment is that the in game overlay disappears behind the horizon line.