Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ballistically

Is Warspite "rare"?

25 comments in this topic

Members
68 posts
9,152 battles

I'm not super into WoWS, pretty much waiting for the British BB line so I can drool all over the Revenge-class. I would prefer to wait til then to by the Warspite but I'm worried that like a lot of the prem tanks in WoT the availability is unpredictable and generally limited.

Can anyone tell me how many times the Warspite has seen the gift shop since launch?

Edited by 92ndArmourDivision

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I'm not super into WoWS, pretty much waiting for the British BB line so I can drool all over the Revenge-class. I would prefer to wait til then to by the Warspite but I'm worried that like a lot of the prem tanks in WoT the availability is unpredictable and generally limited.

Can anyone tell me how many times the Warspite has seen the gift shop since launch?

I was going to comment, but I just can't.....:B

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Like camping said, it was sold twice briefly but is now in the tech tree available for duhblooms for anyone. So, no, it's not 'rare'. Anyone with a wallet can get one, there is no limitation.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

The only thing 'rare' is money :)

And real gold

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

it was kinda rare for a while, but as stated now its here to stay. 

arent the pre-order ships (gremy, cant think of the other two offhand...) also going to be less rare soon once they are up for sale again (thought they were going back on sale one year after they were last available)?

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

No so rare like she used to be *sigh*

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
6,263 battles

Maybe I have a more democratic mindset, but I just can't put any internal value on having a 'rare' ship or tank that other's can't get their hands on.  I can't find any mental node to hang that concept on.  I have both ships, I like and play them both.  Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the least if WG gave one of each to every player (provided, of course, that those of us who paid to get them were made whole).  

That would not affect my enjoyment of either ship in the least.

I guess I feel that 'free to play' should mean an equal opportunity for anyone who plays to be able to do/get/achieve anything in the game regardless of whether or not they pay - or play competitively.  Unfortunately my opinion counts for squat.

• Cool 1

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
4,530 battles

Buy now, train up a commander until the tree you desire is out there - then you'll be ahead of the curve :red_button:

Members
310 posts
1,782 battles

I'm going to try to master her in preparation for the future British boats.  Goal: 1,000 games and a 60% or better win rate

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

You've got some work ahead of you then, Tsavo.

Members
310 posts
1,782 battles

You've got some work ahead of you then, Tsavo.

I gotta git gud in order to do so >_>

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

I'll carry you.

Or try to.

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

Twice, I believe but it now it's here to stay.

No seriously, if you keep it in there you'll start bleeding and not because of your monthly cycle.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
795 posts

arent the pre-order ships (gremy, cant think of the other two offhand...) also going to be less rare soon once they are up for sale again (thought they were going back on sale one year after they were last available)?

think it was Gremy, Sims and Murmansk....not sure, but I think that was the package...bit of a hoop-la over it as I remember

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

think it was Gremy, Sims and Murmansk....not sure, but I think that was the package...bit of a hoop-la over it as I remember

Gremy, Sims and Yubari.

Gremy is a little OP right now... WG hasn't figured out how to dig themselves out of the hole they dug with various nerfs to DDs that accidentally made it OP. It might not be for sale any time soon.

Sims seems pretty close to a properly balanced prem ship and might end up the darling DD of this ranked season. I expect it to be for sale as soon as the legal team tells WG they've passed the exclusivity threshold. 

Yubari.... is not good right now.  It might be held back from sale for fear of angry customers. Those of us who've had it for so long can make it play "decent" but she is far from intuitive or user friendly in any traditional sense of the word.

0 posts

Its rarer compared to a normal in-tech tree ship, but otherwise, its fairly common to see on the battlefield due to recent changes. 

[GLF]
Beta Testers
795 posts

Gremy, Sims and Yubari.

Gremy is a little OP right now... WG hasn't figured out how to dig themselves out of the hole they dug with various nerfs to DDs that accidentally made it OP. It might not be for sale any time soon.

Sims seems pretty close to a properly balanced prem ship and might end up the darling DD of this ranked season. I expect it to be for sale as soon as the legal team tells WG they've passed the exclusivity threshold.

Yubari.... is not good right now.  It might be held back from sale for fear of angry customers. Those of us who've had it for so long can make it play "decent" but she is far from intuitive or user friendly in any traditional sense of the word.

that's right...always thought I got Yubari by it's self, but yeah, it was part of Beta-gate....mansk was the separate one....no doubt, Yubari-sama is not user friendly, but a decent player can get her to perform, but God help the masses when WGing puts her up for sale again....I can already hear the whining, [edited]and complaining....must stock up on pop-corn

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

They aren't reselling the Gremy. ANd I can't in good concious recommend the Yuubari unless you are a Masochist.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

Yubari needs her original six 140mm gun layout.  

Sims need the Mahan's torpedoes.  

R class is not worst than the QE class.  Being smaller and weighing more, the armor on it is denser and stouter.  Compared to the QE class, the belt has the same maximum thickness but this thickness is maintained for a longer part of the belt while on the QE, the thickness would taper down.  A smaller size, yeah, would be harder to hit.

And depending if WG is willing to implement this or not, but the Revenge class battleships got supercharged shells that have higher muzzle velocities than the shells from the Warspite.  We're talking about 787 to 807 mps here, compared to the 732 on the Warspite.  These shells were only assigned to the R class.

Edited by Eisennagel

Sign in to follow this