You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TacoSallust

Ranked Rewards and Starting Rank

14 comments in this topic

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,628 battles

Anyone see a link to the rewards per rank posted on the website, not in-game? I'm looking but not seeing a page anywhere, maybe one isn't made yet.

The game was stating last night that I started the season with 7 stars and am currently rank 15 - does that sound right to anyone else? I'm focusing on the Motherland event for WoT Console out of all the joyful stuff we have to play with right now, so I'm not sure I'll spend any time working on Ranked if I'm already getting the Midway flag. I don't have any tier 8s right now either other than Kutuzov and New Orleans, not sure I want to play either in Ranked. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Anyone see a link to the rewards per rank posted on the website, not in-game? I'm looking but not seeing a page anywhere, maybe one isn't made yet.

The game was stating last night that I started the season with 7 stars and am currently rank 15 - does that sound right to anyone else? I'm focusing on the Motherland event for WoT Console out of all the joyful stuff we have to play with right now, so I'm not sure I'll spend any time working on Ranked if I'm already getting the Midway flag. I don't have any tier 8s right now either other than Kutuzov and New Orleans, not sure I want to play either in Ranked. 

Rank battles will be Tier 5-6 and 6-7. Tier 10 for ranked 1 battles.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Starting rank is 22. Why wouldn't it be?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

That's where I'm starting, too. Also, you need to get to Rank 14 to get the Midway flag, so if you want it you have to win some matches. Rank 15 is irrevocable, so you're not going to be sliding down.

Starting rank is 22. Why wouldn't it be?

Depending on how far you got in the last rank season, your starting rank may be higher.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Starting Rank depends on your previous placement in Ranked seasons, or the bottom rung if you haven't played any yet. Some people might start higher (R18  - R15, etc.)

This time there is sadly no T8 matches. Only T5 to T7 (depending on Rank attained) and T10 for the Rank 1 group.

Edited by alexf24

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,628 battles

Oh, only tier 7. Hello LOLorado! Guess I'll aim a little higher than 15 after all. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,164 posts
35,200 battles

Starting Rank depends on your previous placement in Ranked seasons, or the bottom rung if you haven't played any yet. Some people might start higher (R18  - R15, etc.)

This time there is sadly no T8 matches. Only T5 to T7 (depending on Rank attained) and T10 for the Rank 1 group.

That fact just breaks my heart like you wouldn't believe...:sceptic:

Perhaps I'll actually try to push higher than just getting the flag this time around.

[NH]
Members
199 posts
8,531 battles

I was rank 1 last season, but I'm only starting at 14, not making it easy for us :(

Gotta hurry up and get off work and grind before the baddies fail their way here! Jus kidding, love you all, see you there!

Edited by Taregant

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

I was rank 1 last season, but I'm only starting at 14, not making it easy for us :(

Gotta hurry up and get off work and grind before the baddies fail their way here! Jus kidding, love you all, see you there!

Pretty sure that you get one 'star' per rank from last season to define your starting level. 

Was at Rank 4 last round, starting halfway through Rank 15 this one.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

T8 are good ships but the problem was that the T7s dont compete nearly as well and people were bringing stock T8s into matchs effectively gimping their teams.

There are also a lot of T8 prems that are very good that further made it kind of unfair and stupid either by pay to win ships or noob players buying their way into matchs they have no business in.

The benson became the go to ship before and now it will likely be the mahan but there are lots of T7 cruisers that are good and the T7 DDs are not great so I'm guessing this is to curb the DD fest meta.

[RLGN]
Members
19,164 posts
35,200 battles

Heh, heh... How many Indy's will there be? (Hello Mister DD! How do you like my radar?) Now, if the driver will be able to USE it effectively is a whole other matter!

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,680 battles

A good dd capt can stay out of the Indys radar range.

[RLGN]
Members
19,164 posts
35,200 battles

A good dd capt can stay out of the Indys radar range.

True, but aren't the Japanese DDs the only ones who can stealth-torp from outside it? Obviously guns are another matter.

My first perfect radar kill though was on 2B, the gap at the NE corner. Benson who torped me earlier came through and smoked, I dodged his torps and popped radar,, then kept shooting. He paniced and bolted, ( I wonder if he forgot/didn't realize Indy had radar,) but didn't get far.