Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

Fletcher Love

13 comments in this topic

Members
5,202 posts

My heart has been stolen. A place that was previously occupied by the Mahan has a new occupant. 

I've heard people gush about the Fletcher, and now I see why. Didn't think the USN line couldn't get any better, but it just did.

3rd game in and this little beauty has its first Kraken. It's like a stealth firing Benson with AA and insane torpedoes. I really hope WG doesn't change this ship, but with the recent nerfs to IJN DDs, I'm not holding my breath.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/8366

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

Members
33 posts
819 battles

Really tempted to start US DD line just for the Fletcher.  US DD playstyle looks really fun in general.  Where's some extra port slots when you need them =P?

Edited by Admiral_Cat

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

Def one of my personal favs.. not sure if I even want to buy the Gearing, which is almost unlocked..

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
9,086 battles

I'm working my way up now just because how much everyone has gushed about the Fletcher and how disappointing I found my TX Kharb.

[BITA-]
Members
85 posts
11,325 battles

I'm with you i am so upset with the USN DD's freaking guns, I'm about to just phone in this game..   

An Example to today about 1 hours ago, engage with a IX Taho ... Get into firing range with my Fletcher.. Started unloading on him...  I actually watched my shell hit the deck about 100 times, and looking at the score, 0 damage from 108 shells

bt 8k damage with fires.. *(what the F is that crap)..  I started out then by trying to get into torp range, welp even with turbo on, I can't catch up to it to over take it, why because a 100 ton carrier can out run a 10 ton destroyer.. good lord.,

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

I don't know if it's a glitch but sometime i will be able to do dmg to a tier 9-10 CVs and sometime the guns hit but will do 0 dmg. It doesn't happen alot in some older patch but happen alot lately. Alot of players have experienced this as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

fletcher is very flexible boat.  strong ship.      I just got udaoi so I can compare the two. 

[IRONX]
Beta Testers
199 posts
9,433 battles

My heart has been stolen. A place that was previously occupied by the Mahan has a new occupant.

I've heard people gush about the Fletcher, and now I see why. Didn't think the USN line couldn't get any better, but it just did.

3rd game in and this little beauty has its first Kraken. It's like a stealth firing Benson with AA and insane torpedoes. I really hope WG doesn't change this ship, but with the recent nerfs to IJN DDs, I'm not holding my breath.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/8366

I second that emotion!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

while fletcher is great DD,  I am not enamoured of high tier play.     it is turning into World of fletcher on top.  :)   

Sign in to follow this