NikoPower

Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

96 posts in this topic

Dictonary- thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I like my Cleveland and Atlanta despite the fact they take a lot more damage and get sunk more compared to my other mid tier ships, but in general I don't enjoy playing most mid tier vessels nearly as much. I only started getting into the game when in the PT server I was sailing the Iowa, Montana, Fletcher, Gearing, Des Moines, Roon, and Hindenburg. I could play those 24x7 for decades.  Admittedly, I really do like kicking back in my St. Louis and preying upon noobs and low tier bots by peppering them with lead, but of course in that low tier ship it would take four-score-and-a-monkey's-uncle however long to drum up much cash.....

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

Dictonary- thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I like my Cleveland and Atlanta despite the fact they take a lot more damage and get sunk more compared to my other mid tier ships, but in general I don't enjoy playing most mid tier vessels nearly as much. I only started getting into the game when in the PT server I was sailing the Iowa, Montana, Fletcher, Gearing, Des Moines, Roon, and Hindenburg. I could play those 24x7 for decades.  Admittedly, I really do like kicking back in my St. Louis and preying upon noobs and low tier bots by peppering them with lead, but of course in that low tier ship it would take four-score-and-a-monkey's-uncle however long to drum up much cash.....

Yeah though you don't like the ships, you still have to play them sometimes. I still don't like it but it is something we all have to live with.

Yeah though you don't like the ships, you still have to play them sometimes. I still don't like it but it is something we all have to live with.

Yes, you are right. I guess if you want milk, you have to milk the cow to get the milk.  Wait, the heck with aimbots- there should be silver and XP mods! Kidding, WG, just kidding....... Please don't make me pink.....

Yes, you are right. I guess if you want milk, you have to milk the cow to get the milk.  Wait, the heck with aimbots- there should be silver and XP mods! Kidding, WG, just kidding....... Please don't make me pink.....

:teethhappy: I'm just speechless. Also for the cow, you may get cowpox from milking it. Another way to say sometimes grinding can be awful.

i looked for a thread and i looked in the general forum. i wanted to start topic, but cant fine that either. i have been saving and planning for 5 moths to go amagi. finally, i am fully upgraded after ranked season and i find it cost me 100k just to maintain armor and reloads. as a t8 amgi how can i afford to play? i am not understanding this and i am not finding help in the forums. can someone please direct me to the right place to voice this stupidity?

i looked for a thread and i looked in the general forum. i wanted to start topic, but cant fine that either. i have been saving and planning for 5 moths to go amagi. finally, i am fully upgraded after ranked season and i find it cost me 100k just to maintain armor and reloads. as a t8 amgi how can i afford to play? i am not understanding this and i am not finding help in the forums. can someone please direct me to the right place to voice this stupidity?

In the words of the immortal Guns N' Roses, "Welcome to the jungle.... it gets worse here everyday"  LOL.  I hear ya. I ranted about this awhile back on this or another thread. Regardless of how one feels about it being right/wrong/whatever, what I eventually learned is that the business model which sustains WoWs has a particular dynamic. It requires maximizing the amount of players available at any given time for the mid tier (the bread and butter of many online games) battles. While the nature of gaming will ensure a supply of up and coming developing players, it is also important to draw higher skilled players downwards as well. This increases the player pool, helps maintain a decent quality level of matches, and provides a greater challenge to help developing players advance.  In general the mid tier ships, especially premium ones, are the best at generating coins to help fund repairs on ships in the highest tiers. i think the prevailing opinion is that tiers 8 through 10 suffer from the most disproportionate and punishing repair fees. Get a scratch on your Gearing? 50k repair fee. Spill your fruit juice on a seat cushion in a Des Moines? 150k repair fee. Damaging the ship's TV monitors by airing Lawrence Welk reruns on the Zao or Hindenburg? 250k repair fee plus very likely a stay in the ship's brig.

Only through the blessing known as Public Tests I've sailed the glorious Montana and Yamato where I learned that even if you dish out 100s of Ks damage and sink 6 ships in a single co-op match you can still end up losing silver coins.  It stinks. I know.  To close on yet another appropriate quote- this one from the original Robocop movie: "That's life in big city"....

*before haters or his people come after me- all kidding aside, nothing but respect for the LW show....

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

In the words of the immortal Guns N' Roses, "Welcome to the jungle.... it gets worse here everyday"  LOL.  I hear ya. I ranted about this awhile back on this or another thread. Regardless of how one feels about it being right/wrong/whatever, what I eventually learned is that the business model which sustains WoWs has a particular dynamic. It requires maximizing the amount of players available at any given time for the mid tier (the bread and butter of many online games) battles. While the nature of gaming will ensure a supply of up and coming developing players, it is also important to draw higher skilled players downwards as well. This increases the player pool, helps maintain a decent quality level of matches, and provides a greater challenge to help developing players advance.  In general the mid tier ships, especially premium ones, are the best at generating coins to help fund repairs on ships in the highest tiers. i think the prevailing opinion is that tiers 8 through 10 suffer from the most disproportionate and punishing repair fees. Get a scratch on your Gearing? 50k repair fee. Spill your fruit juice on a seat cushion in a Des Moines? 150k repair fee. Damaging the ship's TV monitors by airing Lawrence Welk reruns on the Zao or Hindenburg? 250k repair fee plus very likely a stay in the ship's brig.

Only through the blessing known as Public Tests I've sailed the glorious Montana and Yamato where I learned that even if you dish out 100s of Ks damage and sink 6 ships in a single co-op match you can still end up losing silver coins.  It stinks. I know.  To close on yet another appropriate quote- this one from the original Robocop movie: "That's life in big city"....

*before haters or his people come after me- all kidding aside, nothing but respect for the LW show....

wow, thanks for commiserating with me. i was thinking i was going mad. i mean i set up my captain and my ship line for a single purpose many months ago. i spent hours figuring out ship comparisons for different lines and upgrade costs. Amagi was kind of my culmination after 4 seasons and to find i cant afford to play it is pretty underwhelming. 

i pretty much have to play a great game, not a good game. I am losing money on a good game even if i win and stay alive. 

i pretty much have to play a great game, not a good game. I am losing money on a good game even if i win and stay alive. 

i don't know what to do... i guess drop down to lvl 4 and use a lvl 16 captain and wait for some dumb secret r projects then hope for the best. because i cant spend any more real money to get to lvl 10 and its apparent that is not really cost effective. Edited by ucantbuildthere

wow, thanks for commiserating with me. i was thinking i was going mad. i mean i set up my captain and my ship line for a single purpose many months ago. i spent hours figuring out ship comparisons for different lines and upgrade costs. Amagi was kind of my culmination after 4 seasons and to find i cant afford to play it is pretty underwhelming. 

No problem. If my misery to date helps you or others in the future, a few links to related threads and my previous rants....

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82447-credits-repairs/page__pid__2113589#entry2113589

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/85673-mystery-repair-costs/page__pid__2091366#entry2091366

....and a partial but fun quote from my post on thread for another topic:

"... Because of the lopsided economy in the game, when their, say, Montana, Iowa, or Yamato get jacked up because they went to the "wrong side of the ocean", they have to drop down to the the money making ships in the mid high tiers to pay for the repairs. What happens when 9 or 10ers battle 6-8ers? The top tier Jedi spank the living hoo-haa out of the mere padawans, even if said padawans perform admirably."

I can't find it at the moment, but in my most fiery post on the matter, I asserted my firm belief that if someone puts in the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears to grind up to a tier 10 ship, they [darn] well better be able to sail it with impunity through the gates of Heaven, Hell, the narrow aisles at Costco, a Burger King drive-thru, and even freakin' Disneyland should they so choose and never have to look back at the lower tiers.

i don't know what to do... i guess drop down to lvl 4 and use a lvl 16 captain and wait for some dumb secret r projects then hope for the best. because i cant spend any more real money to get to lvl 10 and its apparent that is not really cost effective.

I'm with ya. It stinks, but it's the reality. A really....stinky....reality....

That's my thought, too! A player shouldn't lose money on decent performances.

Hope some of this helps future forum-goers that are about to bang their heads against the wall.

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

No problem. If my misery to date helps you or others in the future, a few links to related threads and my previous rants....

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82447-credits-repairs/page__pid__2113589#entry2113589

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/85673-mystery-repair-costs/page__pid__2091366#entry2091366

....and a partial but fun quote from my post on thread for another topic:

"... Because of the lopsided economy in the game, when their, say, Montana, Iowa, or Yamato get jacked up because they went to the "wrong side of the ocean", they have to drop down to the the money making ships in the mid high tiers to pay for the repairs. What happens when 9 or 10ers battle 6-8ers? The top tier Jedi spank the living hoo-haa out of the mere padawans, even if said padawans perform admirably."

I can't find it at the moment, but in my most fiery post on the matter, I asserted my firm belief that if someone puts in the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears to grind up to a tier 10 ship, they [darn] well better be able to sail it with impunity through the gates of Heaven, Hell, the narrow aisles at Costco, a Burger King drive-thru, and even freakin' Disneyland should they so choose and never have to look back at the lower tiers.

I'm with ya. It stinks, but it's the reality. A really....stinky....reality....

That's my thought, too! A player shouldn't lose money on decent performances.

Hope some of this helps future forum-goers that are about to bang their heads against the wall.

what a rabbit hole...i followed it. glad to know my feelings aren't alone. 

what a rabbit hole...i followed it. glad to know my feelings aren't alone. 

Yup, you are far from alone on this.  Now I can only wish I had taken the blue pill.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

-- Morpheus, The Matrix

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

The test of repair reduction went well. But now that it's over, I can't see much point in sailing my Montana due to credit loses. Hopefully WG will see from the test that the current repair charges are excessive and detrimental to the those that have slogged their way to tier X.

The test of repair reduction went well. But now that it's over, I can't see much point in sailing my Montana due to credit loses. Hopefully WG will see from the test that the current repair charges are excessive and detrimental to the those that have slogged their way to tier X.

Not just Tier 10, I'm well into T8 and and it's an absolute slog fest to get anywhere.  This weekend I had a horrible run, 13 straight losses followed by 4 victories and a net increase of maybe 100,000 credits from where I started.

My battle performance isn't terrible, as ship XP has never been an issue, but the economy is brutal.  At this rate, I'll need several weeks just to grind module costs....months for a new ship, and then I'll have to play 10 games in my Tier 5 Grem just to be able to afford to sail out a T9 or T10 boat?

I don't have a problem putting money into this game every now and then when Premium time goes on sale, or if there is a ship I really want.  I enjoy this game and I want it to succeed and be a financial success but I don't want T9-10 World of Warships to be a Pay-2-Play.  There must be a middle-ground somewhere.

Not just Tier 10, I'm well into T8 and and it's an absolute slog fest to get anywhere.  This weekend I had a horrible run, 13 straight losses followed by 4 victories and a net increase of maybe 100,000 credits from where I started.

My battle performance isn't terrible, as ship XP has never been an issue, but the economy is brutal.  At this rate, I'll need several weeks just to grind module costs....months for a new ship, and then I'll have to play 10 games in my Tier 5 Grem just to be able to afford to sail out a T9 or T10 boat?

I don't have a problem putting money into this game every now and then when Premium time goes on sale, or if there is a ship I really want.  I enjoy this game and I want it to succeed and be a financial success but I don't want T9-10 World of Warships to be a Pay-2-Play.  There must be a middle-ground somewhere.

Like I learned with WoT, you have to have a full stable of ships in a range of tiers to support playing tiers IX and X (that is for me, I can play tier 8 with no problems or real hits to my wallet at all). The only people who really pull off making bank in the high tiers are the REALLY REALLY DAMN good players, which I am fine with, you got the skills, it pays the  bills.

Well I would like to believe that WOW truly cares about its players and sees that the current repair costs are prohibitive and not very popular. Unfortunately as long as players are willing to slug along then their incentives are small. For me I joined WOW with one goal in mind and that was to obtain an Iowa Battleship and a Midway CV, and play happily day after day, but with repair costs that overtake winnings in normal battle play this goal has been dashed. So, I for one will most likely curtail my use of WOW until things change if they ever do. But also sad to say that once I find a new addiction I might not ever make it back.  I don't understand their logic in this. They need to make it fun and easy to advance so players feel like winners and continue to play.  Unlike real war, I don't have to show up; especially when the game forces me to be a financial looser even when I'm winning battles. 

Where is the fun in that?? :(   

So fare the well and good luck. 

well

We got there in tier x with my montana have played 15 matches all are leading to bankruptcy looks to my matches I use flags and even then not for the min more ... what is the advantage for the players to have a high tier ship and can only play once a week ... and that I am premium do 150k to 200k damage and still came out prejudice I think it very unfair and a lack of respect for its employees .... WG would like a ADM me an answer about it ......

Edited by D4RC4N

wellWe got there in tier x with my montana have played 15 matches all are leading to bankruptcy looks to my matches I use flags and even then not for the min more ... what is the advantage for the players to have a high tier ship and can only play once a week ... and that I am premium do 150k to 200k damage and still came out prejudice I think it very unfair and a lack of respect for its employees .... WG would like a ADM me an answer about it ......

use spaces XD and you do not understand right ? the plan is you want to go full tier 10 ? buy premium time buy premium ships or go and farm monis to tier 5-6 .-. ? isnt that hard to get it and if you cant make profit with 150k dmg its kinda weird whe ni do 100k+ dmg in my yammi all is profit and i never use flags .-. ! soo i dont think the 200k dmg <.< or that you have premium time .-. 

I much prefer the high cost of playing poorly at tier 10.. 

Low cost may make you friends, but high cost makes the game more fun.

I much prefer the high cost of playing poorly at tier 10.. 

Low cost may make you friends, but high cost makes the game more fun.

Have you ever heard of the north end of a south bound mule?

The tier 10 hak cv is still pricy i lose credit when lose lots of plane but hey im gonna blame MM cause its always giving me des and min good news is i have arp ships kongo myoko and takao so i can pay the bills maybe the hak isnt that pricy now but to me she kinda does a little but thanks for lowering the repair bills :D

Hey

Just found this thread and it's the same old story that I have been posting with the 5.14 feedback thread.  Obviously little has changed or seems likely to change with the present direction things are going.  Food for thought here if WOW wants to keep players; I wonder how many posting have quit or reduced their play time?

Peace