NikoPower

Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

96 posts in this topic

I propose an active petition to bring the repair rate to a flat 50%. It makes you wonder what WOW's game plan is. It does not increase player participation. It does not increase the player base.

We alone have the power so i'll sign the petition first.

I should I have  been blown out of the water more than most. Not ashamed just learning like everyone else with no ego.

Join me if you agree make your comments and sign on board for a flat 50% discount on repairs.

great, more bad players can play high tier more often.

Hey, don't you want us there to bleed HP for ya?

I'd love to try this out, but Ranked is consuming me now....  thanks though it's appreciated!

Why not for premium ships? Do they already receive reduced repair costs? I don't have any other tier VIII ships to compare to my Tirpitz or Atago. Maybe someone else has one of those and a normal tier VIII and can compare. Thank you.

Hey, don't you want us there to bleed HP for ya?

I said it was great. No longer does the skill cap go up and I have to try harder to achieve the same result in a lower tier. I can just take it easy and rake in even more credits i dont need.

Thank you for this Niko!, that's good news.

I play my tier 9's and 10's as often as I can, always making good use of the signals as much as possible, to help reduce the costs.

And yes, it does make it more enjoyable to play them knowing it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to repair them.

Well done, Cheers!

Well, hopefully WG can come up with the perfect sweet spot where gameplay on the upper levels is enhanced yet are still able to keep us riff raff out of the fray.  :P

Thank you very much! I almost cried when I saw my 200k repair bill on my Ibuki

Keep the customers happy, and you'll make out fine.  Lose the customer, well then you got squat!

Edited by Ironmanxp

I like this. I never had issues with credits personally but I do notice a big improvement in T10 gameplay.

After playing a LOT of battles in these tiers, I love not losing 50k on a Tier X loss. Please, PLEASE keep this in place. I don't HAVE to grind lower tiers anymore.

Taking my Lexington out is no longer scary :D Seriously though I had to have a rather good game to make any decent bit of money on her. Glad I haven't add any cameo or premium consumables. 

Logically, all we players play in order to get the t10 ships. If the t8 from the custois repairs become more expensive than pró'rios credits earned in battle, then we have a serious problem players . What is the advantage of ships beyond t7 ? Saved if the player has ships or premium account Premum to offset this defazagem the cost of repairs , it will mainly damage while playing with ships t8 , t9 and 10. This attitude of lower costs appeals to all of us and I sincerely hope it is an attitude that not limited to the month of June only . After all, numerous players have left already playing this game and the other company because of this question for us is extremely important and for many players for sure is what decides whether he will continue playing or stop playing .

PS : Sorry for my English , because I had to use the translator .

Edited by Virgulino

After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy.

Niko, did you end the discounts already? I'm losing $$ on every single match in my Yammy and Hindy. Also, any idea about repair discounts moving forward? 

Superb job by WG... Now I can suck with no fear of being F***ed over by the repair bill! :D

Since I cant play my tier 8 ship in ranked I think I will have to play another game till it changes and I was so close to buying the Atago too! whats the point if you cant play your favorite ship in ranked battles

Niko, did you end the discounts already? I'm losing $$ on every single match in my Yammy and Hindy. Also, any idea about repair discounts moving forward? 

I'm wondering this myself. I just got out of a victory in my Dimi and while I "thought" I had a decent game, doing 67k damage (server average in the Dimi being 48k) I did die in the match, I lost 37k credits. This is of course running the upgraded consumables, which are all but required in game play. To think otherwise is like going into a match with a stock ship willingly even though you have the C hull unlocked.  I am also running my "First League" Flag, so that reduces the cost of post battle repair by 10%. Still spent 235,625.

Here are the screenshots.

8BSBJB5.jpg

TvJBnzz.jpg

V1dKYG7.jpg

diRx0Qj.jpg

I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Only through the gift of the public test servers do I get to sail in ships higher than tier 7. However, I was horrified when I noticed that in the higher tier games I was more often than not losing silver despite really good battle performance! I had a 5 kill game with tons of ribbons, scored 1rst on my team, but my net silver was a loss of over 32,000! I did have just over my HP left in that game (and about 70% left in the previous game- I don't know if the previous games repair cost shows up in the next games summary). All in all, though, that's horrifically steep. In a Montana I currently have a stretch of 12 wins and 2 losses in co-op while only being sunk twice, yet I only had 2 games where I made a positive gain in silver, despite averaging over 2 kills per game. I think repair costs need to be dialed down significantly,  If you lose a battle, take a significant amount of damage, or get flat out sunk, then I could see a greater justification for negative silver amounts. I am now concerned and likely will stop trying to progress up the tiers in the regular server as soon as I start to see this trend with my highest level ships. The grind to get to the top tier ships with the current cost structure is impossibly slow. It wouldn't be worth the grind if you know you can't regularly sail the top ships without constantly incurring losses of silver. Please WG, bring those costs down!

I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Only through the gift of the public test servers do I get to sail in ships higher than tier 7. However, I was horrified when I noticed that in the higher tier games I was more often than not losing silver despite really good battle performance! I had a 5 kill game with tons of ribbons, scored 1rst on my team, but my net silver was a loss of over 32,000! I did have just over my HP left in that game (and about 70% left in the previous game- I don't know if the previous games repair cost shows up in the next games summary). All in all, though, that's horrifically steep. In a Montana I currently have a stretch of 12 wins and 2 losses in co-op while only being sunk twice, yet I only had 2 games where I made a positive gain in silver, despite averaging over 2 kills per game. I think repair costs need to be dialed down significantly,  If you lose a battle, take a significant amount of damage, or get flat out sunk, then I could see a greater justification for negative silver amounts. I am now concerned and likely will stop trying to progress up the tiers in the regular server as soon as I start to see this trend with my highest level ships. The grind to get to the top tier ships with the current cost structure is impossibly slow. It wouldn't be worth the grind if you know you can't regularly sail the top ships without constantly incurring losses of silver. Please WG, bring those costs down!

Here is a hint. Grind with the tier 5-6s. They make the money so that you can operate your higher tier ships. WoT logic.