NikoPower

Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

96 posts in this topic

After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy.

Thank you very much! I almost cried when I saw my 200k repair bill on my Ibuki

thank you Niko Niko nii

Edited by Rolkatsuki

Super Corgi, taking on high tier repair costs!

In all seriousness, thanks a ton Niko! Really appreciate all you do for us!

200k repairs +40% off. That is like.................40% off!

Well, now I can finally try to purchase high tier ships...Hooray. I say make the ships more accessible.

Thank You, It is hard for me to get used to N. Carolina  playing Atlanta to pay for it.

Oh my, just in time for my new Zao. Thanks Niko and staff, I would +1 your post (I really do), but it seems I've been too nice today xD

Time to triple Yamato division! :D

25% sounds like it will be the true sweet spot for reduced repairs for T7-T9. I don't own any T10s, but a 40% reduction in repair costs sounds really good! We might actually start seeing more than just the 'OP' 'standard' T10s in games.(And I do hope we'll see more aggressive play from the T10 ships as well, since they have to worry about repair fees even less now)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Great, hope this proves to be a positive move for the game and ends up implemented for good.

If this breaks the stand-off tactic in T10 games I'm all for it. Would also make those unfortunate early deaths easier to stomach.

Edited by AkaneSegawa

Tier8 too? I have hipper and chapayev are expensive your repairs. When this ships are destroyed.

Tier8 too? I have hipper and chapayev are expensive your repairs. When this ships are destroyed.

After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy.

this should have been done before. Why would WG make repair cost be 200k? This is one of the reason people don't try and take point and hide until the time is up.

great, more bad players can play high tier more often.

yeah cuz those 4 v 5 matches that take 15 minutes to start is what T10 is all about amirite?

yeah cuz those 4 v 5 matches that take 15 minutes to start is what T10 is all about amirite?

I'm sorry you play tier 10 when there are 2000 players on.

Good move.  I stopped playing tiers 8-9 because of the passive play caused by the ridiculous repair bills.  I didn't buy the Des Moines because of the boring passive play style caused by the absurd repair bills as well.  If the reduced repair bills become permanent the game will be greatly improved and expanded.