Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Rumple_

Molotov problems...

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

The Molotov is a great ship, however, after playing it numerous times, I have noticed a recurring problem with the ship. My last battle, 4 dead engines, 2 steering gears out. This is with propulsion modification 1 on it, reducing the chance of your engine becoming incapacitated(by 20%). It's not just this battle either; seems like nearly every battle, there goes my engine again! Anyone else experiencing the same problems or maybe it's just my style of play. I shoot and scoot; don't stick around to show my broadside for any longer than I care to as the Molotov is very squishy. So I present the rear of my ship a lot, when retreating.

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

The 2 point captain skill "last stand" will do wonders for you. It's not like Molotov really needs any of the other 2 point skills very badly anyways.

• Cool 1

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

I might have to do that, my Shchors captain is in it atm, and no last stand. I may just re-spec him cause this is getting ridiculous with the engine knock-outs all the time.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

^ 'tis

Members
295 posts
1,398 battles

Yep last stand is very important on her.

I just switched my Capt skills and put Last Stand so I guess I will see if that indeed helps although I suspect some of the problem is me. Lol

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I just switched my Capt skills and put Last Stand so I guess I will see if that indeed helps although I suspect some of the problem is me. Lol

Oh it will help. trust me

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

pretty common ironically because she is so good -- she's fast and players misjudge their shells, so a lot of them wind up on the rear of your ship. Be sure you have one of the steering gears/engines protection module too.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

I dont run LS because the ship is so squishy that if I'm at range I can go dark or take my chances and if I'm up close it won't survive anyway.

I always go for turrets on cruisers and rely on DPS options for surviving

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

I'd say last stand as well. The Molotov and those like her need to be able to engage and disengage as appropriate throughout most of the match rather than get stuck in, so that skill will give you options.

Edited by fijkus

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

I re-specced to include last stand, mostly because of the Molotov, and it has made a difference. Not really noticing engine knock-outs/steering gear problems on my Shchors, but maybe LS will have a use on the Chapayev(close to researching it). Even if it doesn't, LS solves my Molotov problem.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

I basically run last stand in pretty much every ship now a days.  It is such a huge bonus not having to decide between being a sitting duck (or sailing off in a straight line because your rudder is damage) or using a repair.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,990 battles

Last stand helps for certain. Forgetting the rear turret, staying at range and moving fast while wiggling constantly helps too. Kiting doesn't always go well IME. Just occurred to me that Molotov and Budyonny could benefit from Concealement Expert more than many other cruisers. 

I noticed when when I first got the Blyskawica that my engine and/or steering got knocked out every battle for 5 in a row. Then I switched from Coop to Random and the problem was cut in half. Seemed like the bots knew exactly where to shoot that ship. 

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

I have been switching up commanders in the MoIy and do have one with 15pt and CE, I am also NOT running last stand...and have no issues losing propulsion or rudder, at least not where I can not use repair party.

Its quite a little tank if you go nose on. I stood alone against a Fuso, Kongo and Cleveland. while holding onto a cap. I just pumped shells from the front batteries cycling targets.. I held a good 3 or 4 minutes.

My scores have picked WAY up the last few days, I am refining my playstyle. I Generally don"t engage a BB unless its end game, for a win or I get boxed. Other cruisers are easily handled these days.

I use the spotter early on, allowing a forward positioned DD to spot, any CL/CA sailing broadside up to 18km is ripe for a salvo of citadels. Then as the action unfolds and I get a lay of the battle I go to work...picking on alone or over extended cruisers first or any DD's as the pop up. 

If you HAVE to engage a BB close range.....run right at them wiggling ...full speed. guns blazing. ....You MAY get her burning then you may be able to close enough to put the 3 little torps in her. But the alternative of running from a BB or even a heavy cruiser at under 10 KM is nil if you have to turn exposing your sides. You have 2/3 fire forward, the Molotov rear is weak......so do the math

I DO have the rudder shift mod....You can really wiggle to avoid shells, Vary your speed a lot...NEVER get close...under 10-11km and even DD's will start picking you apart if there is more than one. At 11km and wiggling with speed your a hard target to hit

Single DD's can be dispatched in 1-3 salvos of HE. One battery to their tail one to midships and that usually stops a DD by killing his torp and propulsion modules

My opinion for her tier the Molotov is the single most deadly ship in the game.

Edited by Lord_Adm_Nelson

[WOLF2]
Members
398 posts
10,817 battles

I do have last stand on mine I believe, but it doesn't seem like i lose my engine/rudder all to often.

I have had 3 people complain after I citadel/sink them, "that Molotov has aimbot"...twice and a "gotta love premiums", all 3 times my reply was something along the lines of thanks for giving me your broadside, you'd think after the first citpen they would change course...nope just continue sailing in a straight line giving me your broadside then complain when I sink you after a few salvos....hehe 

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

I've not seen this problem, mainly because I rarely show my stern.  I try to stay bow in, and scoot out in reverse if necessary.  That helps to conceal my citadel as well.

Sign in to follow this