Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,212 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

How about messages that don't disapear?   It's frustrating logging into the game, seeing a 2 next to one of your contacts meaning they sent you a couple messages.   You click on their name to bring up their message box and there is no message.

Ya, agree; have complained about this myself as it is extremely annoying. +1

So it currently feels like the needs and desires of those who main the IJN destroyer line (and to a lesser extend, cruiser line) are being completely disregarded in favor of those who play battleships. As of this post, japanese destroyers simply are not competitive against either other destroyers (this is to be expected with less than great gun performance), or battleships (this should not be the case.). They are currently the bottom of the food chain, as they have to get closer to their enemy than other destroyers to actually deal consistent damage, and with the prevalence of radar cruisers, I feel that this is not a good position. It's a risk vs reward system with VERY high risk and VERY little reward.

This needs to change soon, and the changes to the shiratsuyu in 6.8 are not for the better.

Pigeon

1.Why not make an in game editor , in the port setting and have the players make their own custom camos. Pick and choose custom colors and patterns from a list or a solid color palette. Then have the player purchase these camos for their respective worth. X amount for type of camo like the ones in game, either for detection bonus , dispersion or for both. 

2. Make the burning ships effects last (linger) more in game on extreme graphics settings as to not hinder the players with low graphics capabilities. If a ship burns, let the plume of smoke persist for longer in the sky . The physics are there in the new 6.8 mission Dunkirks' burning buildings .

3. Water wakes on ships need a little love . Again only for extreme graphic settings . Splashing from the bow would add that fine nuance of speed and realism . ( I know its not a sim)please don't hate .

4. Maybe night mode with your search lights aiming assist . turn lights on and off with no tracers for high difficulty.

anyway just some ideas ...o7

Just a small complaint/want...

Can we revisit tier 6 Premium camo? After the Graf Spee missions, there were a bunch of free camos added for tier 6 ships. This camo has a better xp bonus than the premium camo that is 1000 doubloons. I love my Cleveland, and love the looks of it's premium camo so much that I bought it. That's why I run it over the New Years style camo. Rather than having the better reward of +50% xp...the doubloon camo only gives +30% . 

TLDR: Buff the premium doubloon camo to match the free campaign camo. Pretty please!  

Edit: I realized that the Cleveland was not one of the ships that got the New Year's camo...but my feeling is still the same for the other ships that did. I still would like to see the tier 6 premium camos buffed to match those ships that did get the New Year's permanent camo with +50% boost to XP.

Edited by mmfullen

2 hours ago, mmfullen said:

Just a small complaint/want...

Can we revisit tier 6 Premium camo? After the Graf Spee missions, there were a bunch of free camos added for tier 6 ships. This camo has a better xp bonus than the premium camo that is 1000 doubloons. I love my Cleveland, and love the looks of it's premium camo so much that I bought it. That's why I run it over the New Years style camo. Rather than having the better reward of +50% xp...the doubloon camo only gives +30% . 

TLDR: Buff the premium doubloon camo to match the free campaign camo. Pretty please!  

Indeed. The New Year camo XP bonus on Farragut, Leander, Fuso and the Soviet CL (whatever its name is) makes their permanent camo option redundant. They're only worth the 1k doubloons for the historical look, nothing more.

13 hours ago, Versili said:

Pigeon

1.Why not make an in game editor , in the port setting and have the players make their own custom camos. Pick and choose custom colors and patterns from a list or a solid color palette. Then have the player purchase these camos for their respective worth. X amount for type of camo like the ones in game, either for detection bonus , dispersion or for both. 

2. Make the burning ships effects last (linger) more in game on extreme graphics settings as to not hinder the players with low graphics capabilities. If a ship burns, let the plume of smoke persist for longer in the sky . The physics are there in the new 6.8 mission Dunkirks' burning buildings .

3. Water wakes on ships need a little love . Again only for extreme graphic settings . Splashing from the bow would add that fine nuance of speed and realism . ( I know its not a sim)please don't hate .

4. Maybe night mode with your search lights aiming assist . turn lights on and off with no tracers for high difficulty.

anyway just some ideas ...o7

Number three has real merit for these reasons, bow wakes can indicate the direction and velocity of the ship.  Lack of a bow wake can indicate a reversing ship or motionless ship.  Obviously these depend on the ship size and the distance you may be from the ship. Not being in the Navy, would these have been detectable?  We can see the smoke direction already.

Would you consider adding a sort by commander points option in the carousel?  And / Or ships in line to research additional features or progressing towards the next level. 

Hey Pigeon, since a lot of players seem not to read the patch notes, and get unpleasant surprises in-game because of it, would you consider sponsoring some kind of patch note quiz? Answer a few basic questions about new features and important changes, win 100 doubloons? I figure the more players who know about the fancy new shiny ships/features/modes, the better. And everyone knows small amounts of doubloons encourage players to purchase larger amounts of doubloons, so there's that too.

Howdy @Pigeon_of_War!

Do you know if the devs have any intentions to implement an premium vehicle exchange/trade feature like WoT?

A question about the Land of Fire map.

What happened to the original reddish-orange sky box for this map? Without it, the map loses its unique ambience and ends looking like many other maps.

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

What happened to the original reddish-orange sky box for this map? Without it, the map loses its unique ambience and ends looking like many other maps.

The whole south half of that skybox looked like Mars. Maybe a more sunset-y one would be nice, but not the old one.

5 minutes ago, wadavid said:

The whole south half of that skybox looked like Mars. Maybe a more sunset-y one would be nice, but not the old one.

Well, it was/is called "Land of Fire". Maybe a spewing volcano or 2 would also be apropos.

6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, it was/is called "Land of Fire". Maybe a spewing volcano or 2 would also be apropos.

That would be cool as hell.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:16 AM, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Howdy @Pigeon_of_War!

Do you know if the devs have any intentions to implement an premium vehicle exchange/trade feature like WoT?

We have no intentions of this in the near future, as far as I know

4 hours ago, Crucis said:

Hmm, Good idea! I'll forward it up. 

When driving a CV why do all the air groups that already have orders lose their orders if your ship is sunk?  Torpedoes don't sink when the launching ship dies.

Can Harakaze receive some buffs, because It has the lowest HP of any tier 8, and most tier 7 DD's, so it should get some HP. The Torpedoes, which are the same as on the Tier 7 IJN dd's, reload way slower, and they even reload slower then the same ones on Kagero. Torpedo reload needs to be buffed. The low HP, slow rudder, large turning circle, and slow speed, make it unwise to use the guns, because the ship is so easy to hit and kill. This also means you can't run if you get engaged by another DD.

I would suggest bring the HP and torpedo reloads to the same as Kagero, and reduce the rudder shift times, or turning circle some. This should bring it more in line to what a Tier 8 DD should be, because currently it would fit better at tier 7.

1 minute ago, TinStarShark said:

Can Harakaze receive some buffs, because It has the lowest HP of any tier 8, and most tier 7 DD's, so it should get some HP. The Torpedoes, which are the same as on the Tier 7 IJN dd's, reload way slower, and they even reload slower then the same ones on Kagero. Torpedo reload needs to be buffed. The low HP, slow rudder, large turning circle, and slow speed, make it unwise to use the guns, because the ship is so easy to hit and kill. This also means you can't run if you get engaged by another DD.

I would suggest bring the HP and torpedo reloads to the same as Kagero, and reduce the rudder shift times, or turning circle some. This should bring it more in line to what a Tier 8 DD should be, because currently it would fit better at tier 7.

Pretty sure the devs had some idea what they were doing with that. It's to balance out the fact that Harekaze can mount much better guns than Kagero. If Harekaze had the stats of a fully upgraded Kagero plus the different gun options? That would mean with the 4-10 hull she'd have basically all the strengths of Kagero plus all the strengths of Akizuki, but with few of the weaknesses of either. Which in turn would make her blatantly P2W.

Having the torps of stock Kagero but the torp reload time of upgraded Kagero is odd though.

so after playing and reading about the problems of this and past seasons of ranked play i have an idea. 

issue the ship or ships that players will use in ranked. if it is to be how good the player is then we all get the same ship and prove it. so either 1 ship, say a cruiser, or 1 of each class. 

also to help the company make them a premium ship. it goes away at the end of ranked or you can buy it. having the ship in the shop the next month would also help sales of it. 

this will not stop the complaining about team mates but nothing will really. most of the other problems would be helped by this. 

take care

mike

19 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

Pretty sure the devs had some idea what they were doing with that. It's to balance out the fact that Harekaze can mount much better guns than Kagero. If Harekaze had the stats of a fully upgraded Kagero plus the different gun options? That would mean with the 4-10 hull she'd have basically all the strengths of Kagero plus all the strengths of Akizuki, but with few of the weaknesses of either. Which in turn would make her blatantly P2W.

Having the torps of stock Kagero but the torp reload time of upgraded Kagero is odd though.

If you have played Harakaze then you would have known that it cannot mount better guns, it can mount different guns. I am not advocating for P2W I am advocating for the ship to be brought up to Tier 8 standards. The 4-10 hull does not give it the strengths of Akizuki, and you need such a high skill captain. You need CE, IFHE, and SE, or replace IFHE for DE, with the 4-10 hull to be effective. that is at least 16-17 skill points, and you won't normally have the skills together on any other captain, except for maybe an Akizuki captain. The ship needs changes, least of which is an HP buff, 13300 is to low at tier 8.

Hey Pigeon_of_War when are you guys going to fix radar and hydro so they can't spot things through, well, Mountains. This is a bigger issue than OWSF ever was. At the very least are you guys working on it?

Is it because it's not a problem on the RU server that it hasn't been fixed.

Hi Pigeon I was wondering with the upcoming Dunkrik operation is it possible to see the operations such as the Battle of Midway, the Battle of the Atlantic once the Royal Navy is implemented, and the such. I think most of us would like the challenge and the historic factor that these battles had in WWII. Thanks. 

Don't suppose we can get David Tennant to do the voice lines for Admiral "Dunkirk Joe" Tennant?

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Schroughphie said:

When driving a CV why do all the air groups that already have orders lose their orders if your ship is sunk?  Torpedoes don't sink when the launching ship dies.

Squadrons carry out the last order you gave them before your ship sank to the best of their ability.  If it a way point order, they will go to that way point.  If it was a drop order, they will carry out the drop.  That includes auto drop orders.  This is why, if you think you are going to be sunk before your planes can get to the target, you go ahead and give auto drop orders.  You won't be able to adjust the orders after you sink, but they will go ahead and carry out the order if they can.

A way point order will always be carried out if the squadron is alive.  A manual drop order will always be carried out because it is location, not target, dependent.  On the other hand, an auto drop order is target dependent.  If the target stays alive and remains visible, the squadron will carry out an auto drop order even if you die.  If that target dies before the squadron gets there, there is no longer a target to attack, so the auto drop order will be canceled.  While I cannot confirm this, I suspect the same is true if the target disappears because it is no longer being spotted.  The squadron will likely lose its auto drop order in that case, but someone else would have to confirm or refute that.

Either way, squadrons do not lose their orders just because your CV sank.  They will carryout the order if they can.

18 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_KGV said:

Hi Pigeon I was wondering with the upcoming Dunkrik operation is it possible to see the operations such as the Battle of Midway, the Battle of the Atlantic once the Royal Navy is implemented, and the such. I think most of us would like the challenge and the historic factor that these battles had in WWII. Thanks. 

Never say never