Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,305 posts in this topic

Just a suggestion, when the high school fleet premium ships come out, please make a bargain bundle of both ships + some extras for like $100 or so. :P I would like to buy the top bundle for the Harekaze and if I could get the Graf Spee top bundle all in one bundle well, that would be awesome.

I too would like a deal like this.

I would like to see an upgrade module which removes the extra gunnery range from spotter aircraft in exchange for a greatly increased spotter aircraft uptime. My suggestion is to place it in an upgrade slot which does not compete with any considerably strong modules, because the net benefit will not be a strong one.

The main appeal is for those who prefer to use spotters as a camera angle and reconnaissance tool rather than as a gunnery extension, and the recent Q&A suggested one of the major reasons for holding back spotter usage is to deter maximum-range gameplay ("we don’t want the game to revolve around this consumable with long-range shooting"). A secondary benefit is that it lessens the superiority of combat aircraft spotting in non-gunnery-related situations (e.g., detection of torpedoes, surface targets). It is neither intuitive nor good for gameplay that the floatplane fighter should exceed the floatplane spotter in the reconnaissance role (after all, why bring spotters for recce when you can have the same vision in addition to bomber defence by bringing fighters?), and providing players with this choice would go part ways in correcting this.

Please give this some consideration and ask yourself whether you are happy with fighters performing surface reconnaissance at parity with reconnaissance aircraft.

Edited by Special_Kay

Say, have you guys ever considered making the Taney? I saw a forum post about her and to be honest I think she would be a really pretty tier 2 or tier 3 US cruiser. I would buy her for the fact that she is a survivor of pearl harbor that still exists. I love her white and red color scheme too.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125272-hey-did-you-know-a-pearl-harbor-ship-survivor-still-exists/

Hi there Pigeon!

This is about music in the port, your regular ingame music in ports.

The default port I used was Hawaii, not because it was premium, but because of the music (by far the best of all ports), but now that the new default port is the Dry Dock (awesome port by the way! kudos no the team!), I cant hear the tune i really enjoy anymore without going back to Hawaii.  

Could it be possible to have a tune selector in the port so everybody can hear their favorite tune?? (could go farther hear to even allow for players music as you already do ingame?[don't use that feature myself, so it might be doing it so already]) , or just have the option to have every port with every tune randomly?

It would give a little freshness to the enjoyment of your favorite port!.

Thanks!

Say, have you guys ever considered making the Taney? I saw a forum post about her and to be honest I think she would be a really pretty tier 2 or tier 3 US cruiser. I would buy her for the fact that she is a survivor of pearl harbor that still exists. I love her white and red color scheme too.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125272-hey-did-you-know-a-pearl-harbor-ship-survivor-still-exists/

Taney? USCG Taney? I'd get it just for the fact that it was the first Coast Guard Cutter in World of Warships.

Hey Pigeon, Would it be possible to get a "View New Topic" added to the New content page. Right now all I can see are new posts in threads so a new topic can be lost in the noise. Because the system doesn't know the difference between a New Topic and some one posting on a topic thats been around for a while. At the moment if I don't catch a new topic in the 'Recent Topic' side bar on the forums front page I'm most likely never going to see it. 

Is there an ETA on a French Cruiser Sub-forum in the Cruisers sub-forum?

Since WG likes releasing Russian content, can we get some perma-camo for our Russian ships such as the Kutuzov, Murmansk and Molotov that look like legit cold war ships instead of ships painted to look like my 1990s era US Army woodland pattern BDUs?

Something like this:

Edited by crzyhawk

What is with all the fires???  I thought last year WG decided to buff the number of fires then, after a couple weeks decided to scale them back because they were too devastating.  Once your ship catches fire all you can do is watch it burn and the HP melt away.  Now I see 3-4 fires regularly and once I use the Damage control or repair party to put them out the nest hit starts them up again.  All the captain skill does for fire reduction is reduce them to 3 fires at a time. hardy worth the 3 skill points  Guess I need to start playing a different game like Empirion Galactic Survival.

Is there an ETA on a French Cruiser Sub-forum in the Cruisers sub-forum?

I do believe NikoPower created one here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/forum/243-french-cruisers/ 

Hey Pigeon, 

I have two minor Graphical Interface issues that bug me and I hope something can be done about them. Let me be clear these are not bugs but its the way the information in battle is presented that bugs me. 

This is something I see a lot while on cap and the text makes aiming at targets while zoomed in a bit difficult. Could we move this information down a bit to keep the Gun Reticle less cluttered. 

vnXt4xj.jpg

This one takes some work to reproduce but can be a pain. In the first Picture I'm detected But because the icon is covered by medals I'm not sure how I'm detected. Information that is VERY important. In this case it was German DD running Hydro, something I soon realized. But I would have figured this out faster if the Icon wasn't obscured.

ZkNtsOz.jpg

Could we get the Detection Icon relocated so that its not covered by a good game. 

It doesn't have to be moved far but It would help if it was moved a bit. 

0N78QDJ.jpg 

Still looking for an answer on this.

Does bumping a friendly negate any chance of achievements for that game?

Edited by awiggin

Oh, PIGEEEEEEEEEOOOOONNNN....

We have a PROOOOOOOOBLEEEEEEMMMM....

I would VERY MUCH like an explanation as to why the devs have decided to throw out all that work I and a lot of other people put forward correcting a research error they'd made regarding the Montana's deck armor (which still wasn't completely corrected -- it should be 50mm -- but I was willing to let it lie).

Oh, PIGEEEEEEEEEOOOOONNNN....

We have a PROOOOOOOOBLEEEEEEMMMM....

I would VERY MUCH like an explanation as to why the devs have decided to throw out all that work I and a lot of other people put forward correcting a research error they'd made regarding the Montana's deck armor (which still wasn't completely corrected -- it should be 50mm -- but I was willing to let it lie).

I hope that is just an error wherein they used old files to test the PvE scenarios.

Pigeon, greetings.

I would like to propose an idea for those wanting ships that could work to WG's benefit.  It's a technique used by a number of game companies, and for them, it has worked fine.

Lots of people want specific ships.. all of us that do "assume" the majority support us..  not always true, sometimes it is.  We are aware of how long it takes to build a ship and make it work properly in Wows.. it's a huge cost to WG and a hope and premise that the ship will be popular when released whether it is premium or part of a tech tree.  ( Hood  over 1000 hours is not insignificant in terms of staff costs and then all the final testing and fiddling time).

The costs are prohibitive to do a ship unless there is a good groundswell, such as Haida, and even then it needs to be fitted in and around what is already planned and may not happen.

Other games have a new approach to this that may work.     I propose that WG state how much $ it would take for them to develop, produce and implement a ship type..  ie  cost for a DD, CA, BB, CV  (by tier if you want to do that) .   They then allow people to start up a kickstarter campaign with a minimum donation  (maybe $20/#0/40/50 depending on tier to stop a $1 flooding system and balance the normal cost of a premium ship of that class and tier),  again determined by class of ship, for the ship of their dreams.   Their responsability is to run and maintain the kickstarter campaign, AND provide the plans and documentation required to build the ship.

Once the campaign has raised sufficient funds..  those are paid to WG along with handing over the document references required.

Kickstarter ships would have exclusive use of those funding the campaign for a minimum of 12 months before that ship is released as a premium in WoWs and possibly a unique "supporter" camo.  This would mean that all people would be able to use the ship eventually, but would relieve WG of the build costs.

This allows people to get involved in proving how much they want a ship and getting the support and also benefits WG in the longer term as more ships become available post kickstarter.  It also allows people to commit to the game and have a semi-exclusive ship for a period of time, thus potentially providing good retention on that player.

WG would have to provide the staff, and I would expect staff costs to be built into the amount required for a kickstarter ship in the base pricing and some co-ordination in the early stages would be required with WG to ensure the ship is not already planned ( again, built in costs)  and might require a forum for kickstarter campaigns.   

I would also see this as being made available across all regions so as to make the kickstarter campaign more attractive to a greater player base.

Anyway just a thought.. it's worked on other game forums, but it's not a common thing out there yet.

Regards

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

Still looking for an answer on this.

Does bumping a friendly negate any chance of achievements for that game?

A number of suggestions here from me, Pigeon ........

(see my recent entries in Player Feature Section)

1) A Black & White flag for all Ranked Seasons such that all players in a Ranked Season would get a flag no matter the rank achieved.

2) A Second Commemorative Flag slot so Developers 'art work' can be seen more often.

3) A slot for a Clan (Fleet) flag now (even if just a graphic).

4) A slot for a Division Pennant ( the number pennants) rather than a letter by the player name on the team list.

5) An examination of and possible inclusion into the game of tier 2 & 3 early Carriers. There is a considerable number of available nations here. Check out Wiki.

6) A Russian BB line (even if incomplete).

7) Another player map design contest.

8) WoWS to ignore, as much as possible, those players who want maps removed and/or significantly altered. This cannot be allowed to resemble what happened in WoT.

9) To never again offer a higher tier ship as a reward such that players can circumvent the regular tech tree grind thereby 'insulting' all the players who played hard & long to reach that ship, the BISMARCK!

These are my suggestions to you & WoWS.

Edited by aethervox

Question:

How did FKIT get to keep that as a clan tag?

Say it fast and you'll understand my concern.

A number of suggestions here from me, Pigeon ........

(see my recent entries in Player Feature Section)

1) A Black & White flag for all Ranked Seasons such that all players in a Ranked Season would get a flag no matter the rank achieved.

2) A Second Commemorative Flag slot so Developers 'art work' can be seen more often.

3) A slot for a Clan (Fleet) flag now (even if just a graphic).

4) A slot for a Division Pennant ( the number pennants) rather than a letter by the player name on the team list.

5) An examination of and possible inclusion into the game of tier 2 & 3 early Carriers. There is a considerable number of available nations here. Check out Wiki.

6) A Russian BB line (even if incomplete).

7) Another player map design contest.

8) WoWS to ignore, as much as possible, those players who want maps removed and/or significantly altered. This cannot be allowed to resemble what happened in WoT.

9) To never again offer a higher tier ship as a reward such that players can circumvent the regular tech tree grind thereby 'insulting' all the players who played hard & long to reach that ship, the BISMARCK!

These are my suggestions to you & WoWS.

Thanks for the suggestions! So I'll try to address these in order and I'll try to be concise about them: 

1. We do supply ranked flags, they just fade away every season

2. This conversation has been had a couple of times, but ultimately the answer is no second flag slot is coming any time soon

3. We are working on something for Clans. More info to follow later, I promise

4.  Do you mean a flag slot for divisions? This might not be useful, as you division mate is already highlighted in gold/yellow on your screen. 

5.  It's a decent thought, put the purpose of current Carrier tech tree orientation is to get players familiar with several ship types before they delve into what's easily the most mentally taxing ship type in the game. Throwing new players into this ship type without proper training could cause lots of frustration. 

6. Maybe one day.

7. Maybe one day.

8. Map removal isn't coming anytime soon, but map rotation gets altered from time to time (Epicenter in certain maps, likelihood of seeing certain maps, etc)

9. Anyone insulted another player Has Bismarck for completing a campaign must learn some acceptance and appreciation. Consider this: You need to be atleast Tier V to complete any of these missions, and by the time you have used enough time to complete the necessary missions,, you will likely have fought hard enough to have gotten Bismarck via tech tree experience wise. I personally see nothing wrong with a player that dedicates enough time to complete Hunt for Bismarck campaign to get a Tier 8 Ship.

I hope this addresses these concerns! 

We all know the drama thats been going on, why don't you and the mods just make a post and sticky it so that way you don't need to   release teh banhammer every other thread and just have one thread that you can monitor. 

We all know the drama thats been going on, why don't you and the mods just make a post and sticky it so that way you don't need to   release teh banhammer every other thread and just have one thread that you can monitor. 

Nah, WG have already released a statement, although a sticky here might not be the worst idea.

Also, Pigeon, I see Sub_Octavian has already addressed the question of the Montana's deck armor on Reddit, so that's nice to see.  Now if you guys can just take Epicenter off Camp of the Desert... I mean Tears of the Desert...

Now if you guys can just take Epicenter off Camp of the Desert... I mean Tears of the Desert...

Worst Map/Format combination currently in the game imho.

Thanks for the suggestions! So I'll try to address these in order and I'll try to be concise about them:

1. We do supply ranked flags, they just fade away every season

2. This conversation has been had a couple of times, but ultimately the answer is no second flag slot is coming any time soon

3. We are working on something for Clans. More info to follow later, I promise

4.  Do you mean a flag slot for divisions? This might not be useful, as you division mate is already highlighted in gold/yellow on your screen.

5.  It's a decent thought, put the purpose of current Carrier tech tree orientation is to get players familiar with several ship types before they delve into what's easily the most mentally taxing ship type in the game. Throwing new players into this ship type without proper training could cause lots of frustration.

6. Maybe one day.

7. Maybe one day.

8. Map removal isn't coming anytime soon, but map rotation gets altered from time to time (Epicenter in certain maps, likelihood of seeing certain maps, etc)

9. Anyone insulted another player Has Bismarck for completing a campaign must learn some acceptance and appreciation. Consider this: You need to be atleast Tier V to complete any of these missions, and by the time you have used enough time to complete the necessary missions,, you will likely have fought hard enough to have gotten Bismarck via tech tree experience wise. I personally see nothing wrong with a player that dedicates enough time to complete Hunt for Bismarck campaign to get a Tier 8 Ship.

I hope this addresses these concerns!

Thank-you for your response, Pigeon. As to your answers ...

1) No one seems to get what I'm suggesting. A single permanent flag for each season of Ranked Battle participated in. In black & white to signify both the Season and then the Rank achieved (not just rank 14 or 10 or 5 with the temporary and/or Commemorative flags). for example: Season 1 & Rank 12 would be a black flag section with a white 1 in it & then a white flag section with a black 12 in it. One flag like this for each Season showing the appropriate numbers.

2) This plan is unfortunate as the 'art work' of the Developers will continue to be kept from view & why? Due to a stupid decision to offer the bonus MMC Commemorative flag? So all other commemorative flags have to suffer?

3) Good, glad to see this is being considered.

4) Yes, a flag slot for Division Pennants. Some 'art work'. The colour graphic is fine. I'm just asking for additional 'flag art' & Division Pennants were the way divisions were historically depicted (not numbers by the team list).

5) Thank-you for saying so. I can see your point about new players having trouble, perhaps, with Carriers at low tiers. However, since tier 4 Carriers have 2? - 4? Squadrons, then tier 3 or even tier 2 Carriers would have only 1 or 2 Squadrons & these are/were rudimentary Carriers - mostly Seaplane scout Carriers with  rudimentary bombing capability - which could be considered & played, in game, as DB type Carriers. Anyway, this is a suggestion only to be able to add a number of different nations which could have a Carrier (albeit a low tier one). Other than Jpn, UK & US who could get a Carrier? Fra, Ita & Ger? With a low tier Carrier one can include Fra, Ger, Ita, Jpn, *Rus, UK & US (yes, even Russia).

6 & 7) Good, glad to see this might be considered.

8) Good, glad to see this is the state of potential map removals for now. Just don't go down the WoT road on this point. Also, place Ocean back into lower tier rotation - this is already a bad pander to the map whining crowd.

9) Fine, I see your point on this although, again, I reiterate my opinion that this Hunt the Bismarck campaign reward creates a dangerous precedent  - the reward could have just been the credit amount, imho.

Please kick 'upstairs' any of my suggestion you think deserve a higher level of examination.

Hey Pigeon in the future could we get special reward ships for the Operations like in the Campaigns? 

Not impossible a feat to achieve...