Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,864 posts in this topic

And lets not forget everyone's favorite new skill, Radio Location, which aside from detecting ships across the damn map is accurate enough that as the last ship, trying to survive and maybe take a ship out to win, at least one person had the skill, which located me, and I saw their entire team head for me, so trying to just stay hidden and alive is no longer a viable tactic to win, one CV's frequently employ as they are usually last ship standing, because whatever is left of their team just needs one guy with it to hunt you down and likely run you down.

Except that RPF specifically does not work on CVs at all.

-Preventative Maintenance

-Priority Target

Both are perfectly fine skills, with IMHO Preventative Maintenance being the best option for a DD. I gladly accept that you may disagree with me, but most players find an increase in module hit-pools a worthy Tier 1 skill addition. 

Preventive maintenance is useless because I'm going to automatically take the 2 point skill last stand to keep my engines and steering going even if hit so I can either get the hell out of dodge when I start taking fire or finish my torp run and take whoever is shooting at my ship with me. As for the rest of the modules... If I take enough hits in a DD that my torps and guns are knocked out, I can't run away, and I don't have damage control available I'm dead anyway. A 30% reduction in the chance of that only means its going to take an extra shell or two to accomplish. Basically the only reason I even bothered taking preventive maintenance is that I had to pick something and its the best choice out of a bunch of choices that are complete and utter crap.

Priority target tells me nothing that I don't already know because I'm not a complete and utter moron, that being that if I'm spotted people are aiming enough guns at me to put my wee little DD is in a world of hurt so I better balance on the razor's edge perfectly if I want to survive long enough to launch my attack, hopefully kill something, and disengage. So its a complete and utter waste of a skill-point.

As for the bit about most people finding preventive maintenance an acceptable 1 point skill... If you're basing that off the results from the patch test server, then I would put forward the obvious counter that most of the people picked it for the exact same reason I did when the new skill tree went live. That being that you have to pick something in order to get to captain skills that aren't utter and complete crap, and of the complete and utter crap choices you've given them, that's the best option. That doesn't mean its not completely useless and utter crap. It just means its the best of the crap you let them chose from for the 1 point skill. A better way of framing the question would be to do a survey and ask the DD players if they would rather have the old basic firing training, basics of survivability, preventive maintenance, or priority target as their tier 1 skill. But then I think we both know how that poll would come out which is why Wargaming won't ask that question.

Oh and before I forget, please convey my comment to the devs in St. Petersburg next time you pass things along. Along with the comment that I do hope that management takes them to the woodshed over this patch.

Why would I take preventative maint. on a DD when last stand takes care of it? A 30% chance of something not popping only means the next shell that hits you will knock everything out anyways.

Exactly.

Honestly, regardless of my class, Priority target is pointless. Great, I know how many ships have their gun pointed at me and are shooting me when I get obliterated. Otherwise, if I'm spotted, I already assume that every enemy ship that can is targeting me so it'd change nothing. Preventive Maintenance, given basically every other skill at that tier is a CV skill, PT, or just as "don't really have need or use for it", it's a default skill on DD, BB, and CA/CL because it's arguably the only real choice. And okay, 30% increase I take it in hitpoint pool? Just how effective really is it when a BB blasts your DD or cruiser with HE at point blank? or a BB uses AP rounds? Considering I run the mod on BB's and the like to keep my guns operational and they were still getting knocked out, I find it's worth, at best, dubious.

Quoted for truth and agreement.

Except that RPF specifically does not work on CVs at all.

And you've misread what I wrote, because it works AGAINST CV's, but CV's can't use it. I was in a CV, I was detected, meaning a BB, a Cruiser, A DD can use it to find a hiding CV, or any other ship for that matter, While a CV can not use it all and must rely on it's planes which doesn't change the over all point of what I said, if your the last ship alive, and a lot of times the CV is that ship, your screwed if any opponent has it because they are going to turn right toward you.

Oh and before I forget, please convey my comment to the devs in St. Petersburg next time you pass things along. Along with the comment that I do hope that management takes them to the woodshed over this patch.

Saying I should delivery things to the devs while also saying management should "take them to the woodshed".

Can't help but think this is an ineffective way to deliver feedback. More constructive comments are appreciated. 

years people asking for mogami 155 to be fixed. that feedback is ignored.

1+ years people asking the shimekaze torps to have their 20km and 12km torp visibility reduced to fair levels..it has been ignored.

Do tell me how feedback is worth giving if its ignored when given 'the nice way' for years? Its called frustration. The last thing players do before abandoning the product.

Saying I should delivery things to the devs while also saying management should "take them to the woodshed".

Can't help but think this is an ineffective way to deliver feedback. More constructive comments are appreciated. 

You mean things like suggesting that instead of completely reworking the existing skill tree, the devs should have simply lopped off the tier 5 skills, adjusted them for their new point values, and fitted them in with the previous 1-4 point skills so players would have had more options that were realistically achievable. Or maybe suggesting that instead of continuing to directly nerf the performance of IJN DDs (and DDs in general) because you're not happy with how players use stealth that Wargaming should have come up with captain skills that would actually help BB drivers without completely invalidating the defining characteristic of one nation's destroyers and leading a bunch of DD drivers to rage at you?

Oh... And for the record here's how I would have tried helping the BB drivers who complain about getting hit with torps w/o seeing who fired them. (It would also have helped make the skill tree options a lot more varied by offering alternative choices that actually would be worth picking.) I would have created 2 new captain skills, both valued at 2 points and gotten rid of one upgrade module. The first captain skill I would have called "emergency power". It would have given people who take it a 10% increase in acceleration/deceleration (so you can get up to full speed or come to a screeching stop quicker) and a 5-10% reduction in rudder shift time at the expense of a 10% increase to the chance your engines and rudder get knocked out because Scotty had to bypass all the safeties and break every engineering reg in the book to get you the extra maneuverability. The second captain skill is more straightforward. I call it "counter-flooding". It reduces the chance of flooding by 20% and reduces the time it takes for your crew to stop flooding by 20%. The module I would have gotten rid of... Concealment module so DDs have to be a bit more careful about where they go and how close they get. Taken together those three things should have gone a long way to making it easier for BBs to survive in environments where DDs can fire torpedoes from stealth.

And less everyone think I'm just being another BB shill... My first idea for a new captain skill that DDs might actually want would be called "torpedo optimization". It would let players select 1 of 3 speed and range settings in port. The options would be torpedoes that have the standard range and speed values, torpedoes that give up 20% of their range for an extra 5 kts, or torpedoes that gain 20% more range than the standard torpedoes at the expense of 5 kts speed. Like the battleship skills I previously mentioned, I'd peg this as a 2 point skill.

Is that the kind of feedback you prefer to see instead of people just telling you that the latest patch royally screwed up the captain skill tree and that they really, really aren't happy?

Edited by jkirschy

And you've misread what I wrote, because it works AGAINST CV's, but CV's can't use it. I was in a CV, I was detected, meaning a BB, a Cruiser, A DD can use it to find a hiding CV, or any other ship for that matter, While a CV can not use it all and must rely on it's planes which doesn't change the over all point of what I said, if your the last ship alive, and a lot of times the CV is that ship, your screwed if any opponent has it because they are going to turn right toward you.

My apologies for not scrutinizing your novel more carefully then.  TBH, I assumed that it didn't work on CVs at all in either direction, and never got the opportunity to test it with CVs in a match.  While having it work on CVs while not allowing CVs to use it seems a bit one-sided, I can't see many players wasting 4 points on this skill.  But congrats on a monumental rant.

1+ years people asking the shimekaze torps to have their 20km and 12km torp visibility reduced to fair levels..it has been ignored.

Do tell me how feedback is worth giving if its ignored when given 'the nice way' for years? Its called frustration. The last thing players do before abandoning the product.

Feedback is not ignored, but rather not implemented. Saying "do the thing" and the dev team deciding for various reason not to do the thing is not ignoring you, it's making a decision. Granted, it's one you are unhappy with, but we don't implement every piece of feedback offered. 

-snip-

Same as above. Feedback submission is measured against data on all servers and ship types, not just player opinion. Player opinion is more than appreciated, but it's not the "end all and be all": of what goes into patch implementation. 

Thank you for your feedback. Me responding to you is proof enough that is wasn't ignored. Whether it's implemented or not is up for discussion.

In case it got lost in my mini-novel on page 73, my top request (by a good margin) is this:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/916-spotting/

for WoWs. The on/off visibility system is what it is, but the annoying (and sometimes fatal) multi-second visualization delay makes it a hundred times worse.

Warships has the literal exact same problem that Tanks did, and they fixed it. I hope we can get the same fix soon-ish.

(P.S. Thanks for taking the time to maintain, read, and sometimes relay the stuff in this thread.)

-Preventative Maintenance

-Priority Target

Both are perfectly fine skills, with IMHO Preventative Maintenance being the best option for a DD. I gladly accept that you may disagree with me, but most players find an increase in module hit-pools a worthy Tier 1 skill addition. 

If preventive maintenance also reduces the secondary and AA destruction rate, it's a must pick on US and German battleships since they'll retain their AA and secondaries longer which is their respective strength.

Pidgeon, we passed that point a while back.  The community has been giving feedback.  And now it barely matters.  I'm going to say "you" lot, but I mean it collectively, as in the whole development team.

You have supertesters that are routinely ignored.  You keep cranking out new ships and new lines with barely any legitimate testing.  ST were concerned about RN AP only, and they were ignored.  ST tested KM DDs, and then they were changed at the last minute right at release, because hey, who needs to test ships after you overhaul parameters?  They didn't even agree with making the Alabama exclusive, and you only relented once the entire community went up in arms.

You don't let the public test new ships in the PUBLIC TEST, but they, if you don't give a crap what ST have to say, what does our input matter?  How exactly did the Nikolai not raise massive flags before release?  Or were you warned about it, too?  Every other new premium out is borderline P2W.  Konig Albert is essentially Nikolai 2.0.

Now we have a new skill tree, and despite massive amounts of feedback from every sub-community on the net, an extremely controversial mechanic has been ram-rodded down our throats with all but complete dismissal as every question we ask about why it is somehow needed is dodged.

Seriously, go look up Sub_Octavian's posting on Reddit.  Every day people are asking him legitimate questions about the need for RPF, and in literally every single response he dodges or outright ignores the actual question and talks about the skill in a roundabout way.

If you want more constructive feedback, maybe try showing us that our feedback actually matters.  Unless that takes too much time out of researching the newest ways to nerf IJN destroyers.

It's not just the turret rotation either. For some reason, Mogami's 155s have the lowest (AFAIK) fire chance of all the 6 inch guns. The standard fire chance for 6inchers is 12% (e.g. Cleveland, Chapayev), but Mogami gets 10%. So other CLs set 20% more fires.

But I guess this is balanced by giving Mogami almost 20% higher DPM. But she still has that stupidly slow turret traverse, which is not compensated in any way. Honestly, I can understand making it slower than what it was in real life, considering that her ROF has been buffed, but 51 seconds is ridiculously slow. 

And then there's the fact that her gun bloom is tied to the hull, and not the guns. I guess this won't really matter once invisifiring is removed.

And Pigeon, I understand that you have your reasons for not changing the Mogami. However, I think we would all appreciate it if you actually told us the reasons, because all I have heard about so far from any of the Devs on this is "we see no reason to change that", which isn't really a reason at all. 

Feedback is not ignored, but rather not implemented. Saying "do the thing" and the dev team deciding for various reason not to do the thing is not ignoring you, it's making a decision. Granted, it's one you are unhappy with, but we don't implement every piece of feedback offered. 

Same as above. Feedback submission is measured against data on all servers and ship types, not just player opinion. Player opinion is more than appreciated, but it's not the "end all and be all": of what goes into patch implementation. 

Thank you for your feedback. Me responding to you is proof enough that is wasn't ignored. Whether it's implemented or not is up for discussion.

His the problem pigeon, sure, you respond, some others respond, but we still feel ignored because it's never addressed. Not in you implementing it, but even a why you AREN'T doing so when its something that's brought up a lot. WoWp is a great example where we get no or half-_____ answers - "Why were rockets, gondola's and bombs removed from P-51, 109, and Zero respectively", balance and nothing more as an answer. Not what balance issue they presented, just balance. No high caliber cannons - don't need that much firepower, planes would have too low mobility - Why do we have bombs, rockets and GA's in the first place then and I've shot the other part full of holes based on their own balancing.

Like I said in my post before where I tried to stay constructive, through more than annoyance, A YEAR of pointing out the historical inaccuracies of the biplanes on those ships and the fact they were no match for AA. Through Alpha, CBT, OBT, launch, it took A YEAR for what amounted to a reskin, that modders had done, and some more hit points. Sure, you overhauled the plan tech tree long run, not entirely needed, but even as an interim you could have just done it the easy way, or communicated "look, we here you, were fixing them, were doing it this way so it's gonna take time".

What Data do you look at when you make these choices, I look at Saipan across NA, EU, and RU, it's pretty damn clear it's better than the others, hell, on RU it crushes more than on NA and EU. Clear pattern across all 3 of those servers for CV's - USN decimates planes, lags in damage, IJN deals damage, but isn't downing planes. RU is the only one where Lex breaks 50%, and the rest are 4-6% lower than Shokaku. Below tier 8, IJN does more damage, wins more matches, and has better KD, usually pretty handily. What it loses in and what I'd bet money on are it's losses - aircraft shot down and likely, against USN when it has mixed/AS at mid and lower tiers and AS at tier 7 and 8. Or another Shokaku or in the case of tier 7, Saipan. Colorado tails in most every stat across all 3 servers. Pensacola, near bottom if not the bottom ship of nearly every category, and pretty nicely out classed in some. Myoko and Schors have 3-4% and 8-10k damage on it. What numbers do you look at that don't scream "CV's need reworking", "AA needs nerfs, not buffs", and "Pensicola needs some help". And more importantly, are the people looking at these numbers PLAYING the game. Cause any that did would see that AA doesn't need to be buffed to deal with the perceived OP CV's, they need torpedo damage nerfed a bit and more importantly, the ability to line up torp runs manually that guarantee between 4 and 8 torp hits. It requires skill, yeah bare minimum really but want to know what else did - this

Only difference is that it's an implemented mechanic, not a glitch, that should be removed.

We give feedback, but get no information on what gets a maybe, a yes or a no. And I'm not saying reply to everything because there are some insane nonsense ideas, but the ones that come up a lot, the ones that deal with tech trees, give us some details as to if it is or isn't happening and why. Especially because there is a point that no one really wanted RPF, and we are in some cases your paying customers, if not even just your player base. And that begs the question if it's so unwanted why include it? There's a pattern emerging similar to that of World of Warplanes which even Wargaming's head says is basically a failure, even if he has the reasons wrong. It's one thing if we say we want the game to play itself for us while making us milkshakes, it's another when we go "we don't really want this, can you just get rid of it no one will miss it", especially something that brings up major questions of balance and gameplay, and basically going "no, you'll take it and like it". And even if that is not your intent, that is how it tends to come across, which isn't a good thing, and does not help the sentiments of feeling we are ignored nor build goodwill toward the game.

OK I'll be civil .

Battleships bore me . Too slow , Turrets go slow . Guns reload slow . Constantly set on fire or hang in the back and slug it out from 20 K out .  BLAH

Cruisers are more interesting . Turrets move a little quicker  ship moves faster and is more maneuverable Guns reload quicker  BUT You have to hide behind an island most of the game for fear a Battleship shoots you 2 or 3 time and ends your life instantly .  Not practical and very frustrating .

CVs ?  Too Complicated !

Destroyers are the Best !  Always moving changing speeds guns going PEW PEW PEW and those Marvelous Torpedoes that put the fear of God into those mighty 20 K gunslingers .

What has happened in the last few patches is nothing short of disaster for DDs . 

First the great IJN  Nerf . Now this worthless Rehashing of the Captain skills . 

PM is near worthless to a DD as the only thing that happens is I take a hit or 2 more before my engines / rudder get blown out . That's what Last Stand is for . So Boom I have to waste my new 19th point on the only thing that I can get in tier 1.

I get my last stand ,  superintendent ,  and Concealment . All pretty straight forward choices . 10 points down 9 to go   Then it hits . " BFT " and "TAE" are both tier 3 now . which is going to leave me with 3 points left  and unable to obtain " AFT" .  My Fletcher is now going to be worse after this patch than before it as I had all of these items before .

How does this  " IMPROVE "  me ? 

Answer :  It doesn't 

I also have to deal with some ship that knows approximately where I am even though I'm being a good little DD driver and managing to stay away from those nasty 11.7 K OP radar packing  Russian cruisers .

Island ambush ?  No chance !

Run away ? I am the last man standing and we have the lead !

No Good ! They're chasing me down and I'm running out of map . 

Charge them ? They turn away enough I can not fire my Torpedoes accurately enough to hit them as they know what direction I am shooting from but they're keeping their guns trained my way in case I get detected .

What type of game does this leave me with ?

Answer : Stay outside shooting max range Torpedoes as fast as I can and running away . Forget the guns . Stay close to the Friendly Ships while they are still alive so i can't be singled out . the Cruisers and Battleships had best start moving in as I'm not getting singled out trying to Cap unless it's completely clear and I'm not being Located or detected .

If you wanted to give the Battleships some type of general range detection that's one thing . But under no circumstances any type of direction guidance . 

IJN DD's are completely messed up with these commander skills as the Higher tiers have slow traverse and torpedo reload . All their points get burned up trying to fix those issues as they have to burn up 5 points to help alleviate these issues .

Priority Target is not viable for a Dd . That just means I am detected and I don't care how many people are shooting at me I'm doing my best to get the heck out of there as I already know I'm detected and I need to LEAVE NOW !

So before this turns into 90 pages....... Let me just state that imo this is nothing more than another DD nerf job .My ships are less capable than they were before the patch . 

If I continue playing it will be long range torp dumping and a whole lot of running around with an occasional Cap attempt . 

Sorry Big boys you got the best of this Patch again . Time for you to move in and take those caps yourself .

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

OK I'll be civil .

Battleships bore me . Too slow , Turrets go slow . Guns reload slow . Constantly set on fire or hang in the back and slug it out from 20 K out .  BLAH

Cruisers are more interesting . Turrets move a little quicker  ship moves faster and is more maneuverable Guns reload quicker  BUT You have to hide behind an island most of the game for fear a Battleship shoots you 2 or 3 time and ends your life instantly .  Not practical and very frustrating .

CVs ?  Too Complicated !

Destroyers are the Best !  Always moving changing speeds guns going PEW PEW PEW and those Marvelous Torpedoes that put the fear of God into those mighty 20 K gunslingers .

What has happened in the last few patches is nothing short of disaster for DDs . 

First the great IJN  Nerf . Now this worthless Rehashing of the Captain skills . 

PM is near worthless to a DD as the only thing that happens is I take a hit or 2 more before my engines / rudder get blown out . That's what Last Stand is for . So Boom I have to waste my new 19th point on the only thing that I can get in tier 1.

I get my last stand ,  superintendent ,  and Concealment . All pretty straight forward choices . 10 points down 9 to go   Then it hits . " BFT " and "TAE" are both tier 3 now . which is going to leave me with 3 points left  and unable to obtain " AFT" .  My Fletcher is now going to be worse after this patch than before it as I had all of these items before .

How does this  " IMPROVE "  me ? 

Answer :  It doesn't 

I also have to deal with some ship that knows approximately where I am even though I'm being a good little DD driver and managing to stay away from those nasty 11.7 K OP radar packing  Russian cruisers .

Island ambush ?  No chance !

Run away ? I am the last man standing and we have the lead !

No Good ! They're chasing me down and I'm running out of map . 

Charge them ? They turn away enough I can not fire my Torpedoes accurately enough to hit them as they know what direction I am shooting from but they're keeping their guns trained my way in case I get detected .

What type of game does this leave me with ?

Answer : Stay outside shooting max range Torpedoes as fast as I can and running away . Forget the guns . Stay close to the Friendly Ships while they are still alive so i can't be singled out . the Cruisers and Battleships had best start moving in as I'm not getting singled out trying to Cap unless it's completely clear and I'm not being Located or detected .

If you wanted to give the Battleships some type of general range detection that's one thing . But under no circumstances any type of direction guidance . 

IJN DD's are completely messed up with these commander skills as the Higher tiers have slow traverse and torpedo reload . All their points get burned up trying to fix those issues as they have to burn up 5 points to help alleviate these issues .

Priority Target is not viable for a Dd . That just means I am detected and I don't care how many people are shooting at me I'm doing my best to get the heck out of there as I already know I'm detected and I need to LEAVE NOW !

So before this turns into 90 pages....... Let me just state that imo this is nothing more than another DD nerf job .My ships are less capable than they were before the patch . 

If I continue playing it will be long range torp dumping and a whole lot of running around with an occasional Cap attempt . 

Sorry Big boys you got the best of this Patch again . Time for you to move in and take those caps yourself .

Add in Fire Prevention and the Two Spotter Plane skill (forget the name) and this was a disastrous patch for the DD class. And DE was nerfed. Other classes were strengthened and we were weakened again. Which might be okay if we knew where this was going but we don't know the plan. It just feels like DDs are being run out of the game and that is not hyperbole. I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money on this game and as of today feel like it was all wasted.

Add in Fire Prevention and the Two Spotter Plane skill (forget the name) and this was a disastrous patch for the DD class. And DE was nerfed. Other classes were strengthened and we were weakened again. Which might be okay if we knew where this was going but we don't know the plan. It just feels like DDs are being run out of the game and that is not hyperbole. I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money on this game and as of today feel like it was all wasted.

What i didn't put in  was I am running my Fletcher as a 10 point commander for the time being until I figure out what I need the most . I may just stay that way for a while with all my DD's  and see if they come up with something better in the commander skill tree .the new smoke  skill  seems fairly worthless to me too . Who cares if it's bigger unless there's no radar or Super Hydro around .

IJN line is pretty well dead now .

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

The new skill tree... I agree with above posters in many regards.

PM...worthless, RPF? a disaster, T1 skills..WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA waste of point but mandatory

My first day of playing patch 0.6.0 went like this

first 1 went into PM, second into last stand, 3rd went into superintendent and my 4 points into inertia. I only have a 12 point captain for it so I kept my last 2 points for later use.

Let's start with MM: 9 out of 10 games I was the lowest tier DD and not only that.. the red team had NO T8 dd's, I was facing T9 and T10 almost the entire time. wth????

then the "new and improved fun and engaging" playstyle of the DD's

ingame... PM? lol I lost my engines or other things like guns in about 3 shots  hurray for PM right? thank god for Last Stand

Most DD's (not all)  played second line. Capping? heck no, way to dangerous when RPF was present. I have seen DD's in places I have never seen them before. Boderhugging their own side, hiding behind islands far away from the front, hiding behind battleships, running away when near a cap when they suddenly got radio detected. Cruisers giving support? heck no... most of them just did what they always do.. hiding halfway border and cap trying to invisifire the BB's. BB's? as always... border hugging and now even more putting the bow toward you when you are detected by this frigging radio crap

You wanted more teamplay? you achieved the opposite, you wanted more diverse builds? you achieved the opposite. I am not a top player, in fact my stats are below average and I really didn't care that much. I blamed it on me ALWAYS playing IJN DD's but today? I have never had such low games as today often not even coming above 1000xp meanwhile often being the last DD and one of the last being taken out from my team. Now either I encountered only potato teams today or there is something definitely wrong with the new skill tree and the current match making.

I understand not all feedback is implemented but why for the love of god,

if you get such a massive NO from the community (from supertesters to the average joe) did you guys INSIST of presenting us with this abomination that is skill tree 2.0

T1 skills... a joke

rpf... a joke

Inertia? meh... yes it does slightly more damage than without inertia but the cost is to high

Sooooo.... when will you guys listen to the community? not reading it and point and laugh but actually reading and UNDERSTANDING it? I play this game for about 10 months now, I HAD loads of fun, I WAS happy with WG.. after all you guys did a lot of nice things for us (the ARP ships, the free slots at the end of that contract, the containers although I still have to get my first super, the kamikaze R missions, the Christmas Convoys and graf spee... loads of nice things) but this update ruined the game for me and all nice things are worthless when the game s not fun to play anymore

Edited by TheDutchSeaWolf

There are some things Pigeon can't even talk about or he risks himself getting in trouble with SPB management, development is shrouded in secrecy - until years after release usually.

However, this is an ever evolving game, therefore it's ongoing development will stay shrouded in secrecy, it's nothing we can do, give Pigeon a break. It's the industry's fault, not his or other staff.

I'm sure Pigeon would love to "spill the beans" but unfortunately he has a job to do and obviously wants to keep it, same with Octavian.

WG has plans for this game, it's going great - I'll admit some things need looking at but for now, reach for the future.

Apologies for the size, it's a way to get people to read it.

Edited by DarthDoge

I'd like to suggest that you make it more clear that the"Elite Commander XP" is a total sum.  I just spent over 1/2 of what I had on a commander, not realizing that the ECXP I spent wasn't just HIS ECXP.  The way the commander screen looks, it seemed like the EXCP listed was that commander's ECXP, not the total of ONE single pool of ECXP.

There are some things Pigeon can't even talk about or he risks himself getting in trouble with SPB management, development is shrouded in secrecy - until years after release usually.  However, this is an ever evolving game, therefore it's ongoing development will stay shrouded in secrecy, it's nothing we can do, give Pigeon a break. It's the industry's fault, not his or other staff.

I'm sure Pigeon would love to "spill the beans" but unfortunately he has a job to do and obviously wants to keep it, same with Octavian.

I'm not asking Pigeon to spill the beans about anything. I'm asked him to convey feedback to the Devs (and how I would dearly love to use a different word to describe those individuals) in St. Petersburg to the effect that the changed commander skill tree is crap, that I think they need to be punished not rewarded for screwing the game up yet again, and that for the foreseeable future they just lost a paying customer who was fairly consistently buying between 1-3 days of premium time a week, when I didn't buy a month at time because of events like the ARP missions, and who bought at least 3 ships and multiple x-mas crates in Q4 of last year. (We'll leave out the fact that I've been telling people that they should check this game out because up until today I had been relatively happy with the direction things had been going since about patch .5.12. I'm also done doing that for the obvious reasons.)

And even the people who are asking for more information aren't asking for anything classified. They're asking to be given a semi-reasonable explanation for why someone thought implementing XYZ was a good idea as opposed to being told because we said so. They want to feel like they're a valued customer and that wargaming actually listens to and acknowledges their concerns. 

WG has plans for this game, it's going great - I'll admit some things need looking at but for now, reach for the future. 

I call bullcrap on this. If things were going hunky dory amazing, then the forums wouldn't be full of people all screaming the same bloody thing, that they don't like the new skill tree and want it fixed. If things were going hunky dory amazing, then the forums would be full of people congratulating Wargaming on yet another great patch that makes the game better and saying how much they like the changes.

As for Wargaming having plans for this game... I'm sure they do. However if they keep going the way that they did this patch, then they'll do it without my money because they've managed to royally piss me off in a way that they haven't since patch .5.6 when they announced the more heavy handed and indiscriminate response to team-killing/team damage.

There are more things I could respond to here, including pigeons last comment, but that won't resolve the issue or even make me less irate. It would likely only lead another round of broadsides going back and forth. Well that and it would further piss me off. So I'm done with this. I've said what I need to say, including that for the foreseeable future, Wargaming has lost a paying customer. Pigeon has delivered his stock answers/non-answers/responses. So I'm done at this point. To Hell with this. I'm not wasting any more time trying to get Wargaming to see what a bolluxed mess they made.

A suggestion .... Let us skip the tier 1 commander skill which makes us lose a valuable commander point on dubious skills  causing us to be unable to get what we want farther down the line . 

2nd suggestion nerf BFT back down to what it was and drop it in the skill tree . Swap it with the smoke and call it a winner . As a tier 1 I might say that it was really strong before . Instead of Buffing the AA and moving it up 2 levels they  should have just moved it to tier 2 and been done with it . Sure I would love to have the additional AA damage but not at the expense of my TAE or AFT .

By moving TAE and BFT to tier 3 we lost 3 skill points . We gained 2 ( Concealment Expert and the 19th point ) which leaves us 1 short from putting our ships back to where they started from . 

Most people are not going to select TA or the smoke except as a " That's all I have left that I can get " skill .

Thus the anger as WG has weakened our ship's builds .

As for RL it's nothing but a blatant indirect DD / CV nerf .

I don't play CVs but those people are usually the last man standing and I can see them being really upset about it as they have no access to it but it can be used against them .

Yes you heard that from a DD player that hates CVs .

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

Pidgeon, thats b s and you know it. Mogami was performing better than Atago and sudenly with the EM/BFT/AFT nerf and the Kutuzov buff its competitiveness droped like a brick on a lake. Kutuzov can still be the long range HE spammer that Mogami was, but if the turret rotation would be buffed, Mogami could be fun again

Edited by GFischer

Pidgeon, thats [edited]and you know it. Mogami was performing better than Atago and sudenly with the EM/BFT/AFT nerf and the Kutuzov buff its competitiveness droped like a brick on a lake. Kutuzov can still be the long range HE spammer that Mogami was, but if the turret rotation would be buffed, Mogami could be fun again

The thing was that they nerfed the Mogami because the range was too long, it fired too fast, and it set too many fires, and it could stealth-fire. But honestly, Kutuzov is pretty much everything that the pre-nerf Mogami was, yet it's considered to be fine. Like GFischer said, I don't expect the Mogami to be buffed back to what it was. But the turret rotation is just ridiculously bad, without there being clear reason for it to be so. 

If the Mogami is not going to be fixed, I would at least appreciate a clear response on WHY. 

Edited by Aduial