Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,141 posts in this topic

How about on your screen when looking at a friendly player, an icon appears when that player is using active consumables like radar, sonar, def AA, etc etc. An option could be present either to turn the icons off entirely, or perhaps just to limit them to the Alternate View.

Or, going in a bit of a different direction, how about some speech hotkeys for when you're going to use a consumable. Could even go as far as not making it a hotkey at all, but rather automatically broadcasting(flashing, audio, etc) to your teammates when you activate a non-personal consumable.

Both are really good ideas!:yes_cap:

I'm new to this thread, and as dedicated as I am to this game, I will probably never go back and read the previous 73 pages - which I say as an apology if I'm repeating existing suggestions. Please forgive any redundancy and simply take it as a sloppy upvote of those ideas.

So, here's my wishlist, in no particular order:

1. A non-laggy port. Most operations involve server-side functions, so I understand that the completion/confirmation of actions can't be instantaneous; however, the "mechanical" aspects (e.g. buttons, toggles, dropdowns, etc.) should be (and are in basically every other game/program I've ever used) a zillion times more crisp. Everything in port feels like it's being done through a really cheap, delay-ridden KVM extender. It makes routine operations annoying, things like setting up a new ship (which should be super-fun) feel like a slog. Again, I'm only talking about UI stuff - mouseover highlights, buttons, etc. Make a crisp button click, even if the action has a bit of delay since it needs to be completed (and confirmed) on the server end.

2. Immediate rendering of spotted ships. Tanks fixed this problem in a recent patch and Boats badly needs it too. There is nothing more annoying than a split second ambush situation (where every millisecond counts) where you get spotted, the enemy ship shows up on the minimap, and it takes 3 full seconds before you can actually see the ship to shoot it (or torp it, or whatever). This might be my top request.

3. Better graphics for muzzle flashes. It's in the 2017 video and the new muzzle flashes look amazing. Yay!

4. Numerical symmetry of DD on Domination maps (and variants like Bastion). I could see a complex tier-based symmetry rule (such as the current system for top-tier BBs) being an unwelcome addition of complexity to the MM algorithm, and I understand that keeping queue times as low as possible is always good. I simply mean raw numbers; give each team on a Domination map the same number of DDs. Destroyers are incredibly important on Domination maps, and having an extra DD gives that team an advantage, period. Simply having the MM pull in an even number of DDs per battle shouldn't affect queue times at all, and would alleviate situations where teams have a large advantage/disadvantage just from the team composition.

5. Surround (rotatable) ambient sound. Currently, the ambient sounds seem to be a static stereo track. This is a bit odd and is psycoacoustically jarring when panning the camera around (because you're seeing a rotation but not hearing it). This would be pretty easy to do - something like four mono tracks of ocean/birds/whatever that could be placed at points around the camera and panned the way other battle sounds are. This would still result in the normal ocean sounds, but when panning the camera, individual whooshes/waves/birds would track with it and have a "place" so that the ambient audio felt more real. Even the relative white noise of ocean foam has enough distinct bits for your brain to "localize", even if it's not obvious. If none of this makes sense (because it's written by a dork audio engineer), feel free to copypasta to the audio team and say "this is gibberish but maybe you'll understand it". (Also, if this has been improved recently, I might not be aware since I have ambient sounds turned off due to the above issue.)

6. Smoother tier gradation for Manual Secondary Control skill. It's weird that it goes from useless to awesome at tier VII. How about 15% from I-V, 38% from VI-VII, then 60% from VIII-X? I understand the desire to prevent secondary seal-clubbing at low tiers, but VI should get some love.

7. Citadel sound occurring when you get hit, not a half-second after. (No explanation needed.)

8. A dynamic crosshair calibrated to the same numbering scale (when at full zoom) as the standard crosshair. (No explanation needed.)

9. Customizable quick-commands. Allow users to change what the various F-key commands will display in chat. E.g. someone who plays a lot of radar cruisers might replace the "@#$*!" slot with "Radar in 10 seconds". The interface could be similar to the key binding options; each F-key slot could simply have a text box that could be modified. (These would be prefilled by default with the current quick commands.)

10. Custom camo colors. Allow some degree of user variation of permanent camo colors. This could be a doubloon option, and strictly cosmetic. Obviously boundaries would have to be carefully worked out to prevent visual catastrophes (accidental or deliberate) that would detract from the game for other players. But if some degree of variation could be offered, I think it's something that a lot of people would be interested in. As an example, I won't touch the Udaloi permanent camo with a ten-foot pole, because if I wanted things to look like that, I'd move to 1994 and wear Zubaz pants. However, give me a black-and-dark-gray variant, and bingo! I just spent 4000 doubloons (for the base camo) plus 500 (for the hypothetical customization fee).

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading this, if you did.

If not, tl;dr - fix port lag, render ships the second they get spotted.

Edited by wadavid

Pigeon, to finish the campain "Santas Convoy" you need to have a Tirpitz:

FFMaq1i.png

Wouldn't it be possible to change this to say "Play 1 Battle", and if you do not have Tirpitz, you will not earn the special camo

Just to have the campaing completed.

Another thing, isn't possible to have the premium Tirpitz camo without having the ship? is a game engine limitation or management desition?

Cheers!

Edited by GFischer

so i did want to comment that i like the game and am having fun. so thank you very much for the work you put into making that happen for all of us. 

let this be a light in the long list of " hey! fix this " posts you get. for all of that we post because we care and are having fun and that is because of the work you are doing behind the scenes. 

take care

mike 

I posted this in a separate thread in your pigeon's nest...I am posting here too:

Pigeon - I heard you on STRS and hopefully have a great idea for end game content related to Clan Wars. 

Clans will be ranked on "Clan Points" accumulated via Clan Wars (Organized matches via training room) and Diplomacy (encounters via Random Battles). The ranking is "live", updated as points are gained or loss.

Xnj5hKY.png

CLAN WARS - 

Clan Wars would be handled very much how Supremacy League is handled today, by the community via the Training Room (or a specific Clan Wars Battle feature). Clan Leaders agree to the terms: Time, Tier, Best of, Maps (or maps can be randomly generated) and Ship Count. Diplomacy does not matter.

Example: Clan Alpha vs Clan Beta @ 8:00 pm EST 01/14/2017, Tier 8, Best of 3 matches, Maps are Trap, Ocean, and Shatter. 7 v 7.

Points are awarded based on Wins, Tier (higher tier games are worth more points than lower tier but Clan Wars are limited to T6-T10), and ships destroyed (losing team will still gain points if they kill ships). Win points are calculated by the tier that was played.

O7Y0sjq.png

Ships are worth a certain points value. This can be further vetted. Either all ships are worth a static amount of points (10 points per ship) or the current points by class system in the game can used.

DIPLOMACY - 

Diplomacy is a way for clans to matter in random and ranked battles. Clan points can be won or loss based on the diplomacy between your clan and clans on the opposing team in Random/Ranked matches. Each Clan has 7 diplomacy slots to identify Enemies and Allies. Identifying the clans is at the Clan Leader's (or appointed War Chief) discretion and can change at a moments notice. As members of the clan play Random Battles or Ranked Battles and encounter "Enemies",  you can steal the Enemy's clan points by destroying their ship. Once again, ships can be worth a static number or vary by class.

Identifying Ally clans will help against enemy divisions. Any allied clans in the match with you, split the points of destroyed enemy ships. So Allies also gain a portion of the stolen Enemy Clan Points.

Being able to steal Clan points from enemies in random and ranked battles, keeps Clans from winning Clan Wars and refusing to play other clans for fear of losing their points.  This will also let more casual members gain points for the clan.

I am happy to expound further on these ideas if it is something that is interesting. I've played another game that had a similar system. Rewards can be discussed later if necessary, sometimes being number one on the server is good enough.

I posted this in a separate thread in your pigeon's nest...I am posting here too:

Pigeon - I heard you on STRS and hopefully have a great idea for end game content related to Clan Wars. 

Clans will be ranked on "Clan Points" accumulated via Clan Wars (Organized matches via training room) and Diplomacy (encounters via Random Battles). The ranking is "live", updated as points are gained or loss.

Xnj5hKY.png

CLAN WARS - 

Clan Wars would be handled very much how Supremacy League is handled today, by the community via the Training Room (or a specific Clan Wars Battle feature). Clan Leaders agree to the terms: Time, Tier, Best of, Maps (or maps can be randomly generated) and Ship Count. Diplomacy does not matter.

Example: Clan Alpha vs Clan Beta @ 8:00 pm EST 01/14/2017, Tier 8, Best of 3 matches, Maps are Trap, Ocean, and Shatter. 7 v 7.

Points are awarded based on Wins, Tier (higher tier games are worth more points than lower tier but Clan Wars are limited to T6-T10), and ships destroyed (losing team will still gain points if they kill ships). Win points are calculated by the tier that was played.

O7Y0sjq.png

Ships are worth a certain points value. This can be further vetted. Either all ships are worth a static amount of points (10 points per ship) or the current points by class system in the game can used.

DIPLOMACY - 

Diplomacy is a way for clans to matter in random and ranked battles. Clan points can be won or loss based on the diplomacy between your clan and clans on the opposing team in Random/Ranked matches. Each Clan has 7 diplomacy slots to identify Enemies and Allies. Identifying the clans is at the Clan Leader's (or appointed War Chief) discretion and can change at a moments notice. As members of the clan play Random Battles or Ranked Battles and encounter "Enemies",  you can steal the Enemy's clan points by destroying their ship. Once again, ships can be worth a static number or vary by class.

Identifying Ally clans will help against enemy divisions. Any allied clans in the match with you, split the points of destroyed enemy ships. So Allies also gain a portion of the stolen Enemy Clan Points.

Being able to steal Clan points from enemies in random and ranked battles, keeps Clans from winning Clan Wars and refusing to play other clans for fear of losing their points.  This will also let more casual members gain points for the clan.

I am happy to expound further on these ideas if it is something that is interesting. I've played another game that had a similar system. Rewards can be discussed later if necessary, sometimes being number one on the server is good enough.

Pigeon I have not been very active on the forums lately because I have been playing pretty seriously (for me) for the last several weeks with many friends from inside the game. I just want to toss out some thoughts on some things.

Presently I like the way IJN DD's have been rebalanced. It's not perfect, IJN torpedoes are still weaker in my opinion than torpedoes of other nations but I am less hung up on it because our DDs can fight back better than they used to. Heck I have Yugumo specced as a pure gunboat and it is a lot of fun. I have not really looked into the specs comparing performance or anything, just using my own opinions based on gameplay. Kagero and Shimakaze are both a little bit too weak, but otherwise it is good to me.

I have played German destroyers to tier 7 and am enjoying the climb. Having played Russian and Japanese DD to tier 10 and American to tier 9, I really appreciate how German dd are viable yet different than the other nations DD. Their guns in particular feel potent to me. The torpedoes get very good, very quickly. I hear end game they are lacking but I'm not there yet and they seem to have it where it counts. I do think the German hydro for DD is slightly too powerful though, it is far better than Lo Yangs hydro at tier 8. Either buff hers a little or slightly nerf German dd Hydro please. I understand they do need some hydro though as their turning circles are worse than most British Cruisers!!

Speaking of British Cruisers I just got my Minotaur today and scored a Kraken with her. :P I have really enjoyed British Cruisers from tiers 5 to 10 and like the gameplay style and feel of these ships a lot. Thank you War Gaming  for making such a fun line of ships to play! They are strong and have lots of tools but are not without their weaknesses. Also while not exactly a British cruiser the Perth is my favorite tier 6 premium and her smoke mechanic is a blast to play with! Keep thinking outside the box like this if you can!

The Santa present program was a lot of fun. I bought about $150 dollars of gifts and gifted out close to $100 to people. I spent more on it than I planned but to be honest the program is very generous and I do not mind doing that with such nice rewards. Hoping for a great Santa program next year too!

The Graf Spee campaign is interesting. I really do like it, the rewards are good, but at the same time I feel that the last minute grind is a bit intensive, but that is partly my fault for not buying the ship a week early. Live and learn? I should finish my campaign tomorrow night or even in a few hours if I stay up, but I was getting a little bit burnt out during it. But ranked usually burns me out too.

Anyway, here's hoping to more cool stuff and ships! Take care, hope my feed back is useful!

Edited by Jakajan

Thought: Reworking chatbans in-game. 

I get chatbanned more than most. And while there have been times where I've lost my temper, it seems the lion's share of them by far are just silly or malicious. Why? Because it's too well-known that you can get back at a player by getting them chatbanned for 24 hours. Especially if you're in a division, as all three of you can just click 'misbehavior in chat.' 

Call someone out on blatant racism? Get chatbanned. (And I submitted a ticket on that one with screenshots because of the guy's behavior, but doesn't do anything about him clicking 'misbehavior in chat' to retaliate. Yes, I shouldn't have told him  I was reporting him but come on, that's no reason he should be able to retaliate.)

caY8wbY.jpg

Tell someone to ignore the person telling them how to play their CV? (literally, I typed "live your life, CV, ignore the guy blaming you for everything" and instant chatban) chatbanned. 

Etc. 

Yes, there are times where I get frustrated and lose my temper non-productively. But the problem with a chatban is every time it happens, my ability to win takes a nose dive because I'm also good about calling out targets, pointing out things like "hey, the whole team is rushing to the corner and they're headed straight toward our base, might want to defend base" and other productive things. The 24-hour chatban system is ineffective because the repeat offenders just come back the next day and start dropping 'fa***t' and 'n***er' comments again, while people who get frustrated aren't going to learn anything from it. 

Rework the system. If something's serious enough to warrant punishment, then it's easy for a player to submit a ticket, like I did for the screenshot above. But allowing players to click something in-game that gets someone chatbanned with no review from WG is easily abused. I know of one player that clicks 'misbehavior in chat' every game he sees me in, because he told me he does. 

Maybe make it so that if 2 or 3 people in a game click 'misbehavior in chat' on the same person, a 1 or 2 hour chatban gets dropped on the person to help encourage them to cool off. But 24-hour chatbans do nothing to discourage bad behavior, while infuriating people that get them for no good reason. 

Edited by poeticmotion

Hi Pigeon, a couple of drunken ideas:

1.WoWS Tactics: A "sister" game/game mode for WoWS, linked to your account, where you get to use your ships in port to build a Battlegroup/Task Force/Deck (Something alike Wargame) and "field" it in RTS/Tactical game mode. You already have the models, the maps, even a basic UI once you rework carriers, Crossover would be easy and smooth, and I think both game modes would complement nicely.

2. WoWS & WoWP Integration: This one is more weird. What if you let carrier planes (at least some, or even the catapult fighter from cruisers) be controlled by human players accesing through WoWP. Give WoWP players a special WoWS planes tree to work up. As they enter a random match, they are droped into WoWS matches as requiered. I don't know if it would be even possible to synch both games or if human controled planes would be too game breaking for the game,  but I think something like that would be fun and I'll be motivated to try my hand at WoWP.

Thank you, have a nice day!

I had a sorta nifty idea.

Have an event that if you download and install any of the other Wargaming games like World of Tanks or World of Warplanes you get a premium plane or tank on par to the highest one you have earned in world of warships. Yes I know this means that if you have a premium Missouri or Atago you can get an equal unit for free with no work, However this introduces a genuinely good incentive to try out another game and maybe go spend money in that other game that you guys made. Just a thought!

An easier to manage system might be just to give current players a tier 5 or so decent premium unit in all three games. Just an idea, dunno if it is any good but I like it. I would try Warplanes or Tanks a little if I knew I had a cool unit to get started with!

How about on your screen when looking at a friendly player, an icon appears when that player is using active consumables like radar, sonar, def AA, etc etc. An option could be present either to turn the icons off entirely, or perhaps just to limit them to the Alternate View.

Or, going in a bit of a different direction, how about some speech hotkeys for when you're going to use a consumable. Could even go as far as not making it a hotkey at all, but rather automatically broadcasting(flashing, audio, etc) to your teammates when you activate a non-personal consumable.

Solid idea! I'll throw it in the Feedback Report

I would love to see "ACTIVATING RADAR" appear in chat whenever I pushed my radar button (for example).

This is a great idea!  It would certainly improve teamwork with respect to consumables and better utilize the already limited resources.

I would love to see "ACTIVATING RADAR" appear in chat whenever I pushed my radar button (for example).

And maybe the minimap highlights a whole circle of the area for radar (red = radar, blue = hydro)...

Pigeon, once again, as it has been ever since this mound of bovine excrement was inflicted upon the IJN line... WHEN will WG correct this clusterfrakup?

Mogami:

155mm Turret Rotation Rate: 51.43s

HE shell dmg: 2100

ROF: 6/min

Range: 14.25km

New Orleans:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25.71s

203mm Upgrade Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 27.69s

HE shell dmg: 2800

ROF: 4 and 4.3 respectively.

Range: 14.7km

Chapyev:

152mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25s

HE shell dmg: 2200

ROF: 7.5/min

Range: 15.75km

Hipper:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 22.5s

HE shell dmg: 2300

ROF: 4.62/min

Range: 16.08km

Why the flying F*** does Mogami 155 get completely screwed in the rotation rate, the ONE thing that literally decides if the guns are useless or useful for something? Even with max capt skill and ship module upgrades the rotation rate is still insanely slower than any of the above mentioned ships.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Mogami was nerfed (rightfully) because earlier screw-ups by WG allowed the guns to fire from very long ranges and invisi-fire. All that was FIXED when the AFT/BFT removed the 155mm caliber from its bonuses. Mogami 155 with ~28s Turret Rate Rotation and 15km max range should have been the ship that resulted from that patch & removal of the captain skill bonuses on that ship. There was no reason whatsoever to completely F*** up the ship with a turret rotation rate slower than a rusted battleship main guns!

WHEN WILL THIS horsedung BE FIXED??????

How in the world can WG claim 'balance' when the same tier 8 SOVIET ship has more range, more damage, faster turret rotation rate, RADAR and higher ROF???????

Edited by Skyfaller

Pigeon, once again, as it has been ever since this mound of bovine excrement was inflicted upon the IJN line... WHEN will WG correct this clusterfrakup?

Mogami:

155mm Turret Rotation Rate: 51.43s

HE shell dmg: 2100

ROF: 6/min

Range: 14.25km

New Orleans:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25.71s

203mm Upgrade Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 27.69s

HE shell dmg: 2800

ROF: 4 and 4.3 respectively.

Range: 14.7km

Chapyev:

152mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25s

HE shell dmg: 2200

ROF: 7.5/min

Range: 15.75km

Hipper:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 22.5s

HE shell dmg: 2300

ROF: 4.62/min

Range: 16.08km

Why the flying F*** does Mogami 155 get completely screwed in the rotation rate, the ONE thing that literally decides if the guns are useless or useful for something? Even with max capt skill and ship module upgrades the rotation rate is still insanely slower than any of the above mentioned ships.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Mogami was nerfed (rightfully) because earlier screw-ups by WG allowed the guns to fire from very long ranges and invisi-fire. All that was FIXED when the AFT/BFT removed the 155mm caliber from its bonuses. Mogami 155 with ~28s Turret Rate Rotation and 15km max range should have been the ship that resulted from that patch & removal of the captain skill bonuses on that ship. There was no reason whatsoever to completely F*** up the ship with a turret rotation rate slower than a rusted battleship main guns!

WHEN WILL THIS horsedung BE FIXED??????

How in the world can WG claim 'balance' when the same tier 8 SOVIET ship has more range, more damage, faster turret rotation rate, RADAR and higher ROF???????

Second this, Mogami 155mm is more fun and competitive than 203mm even now. 

155mm rotation speed should be less than 30s

203mm should have a little more range.

And please FIX the concealment from Stock to Top hull. If i want to be stealthier why i should use the stock one? Keep the concealment values for all the hulls.

Edited by GFischer

Don't forget, that same Soviet ship can (with the right build) stealth fire for about a 2 km window, yanno the same thing that was so hated about Mogami.

With the higher RoF and slightly better damage it probably makes up for the DPM loss of having one less turret. And whilst Mog gets 10 km torps, Chappy gets really good AA (best in class/tier? I forget) and that hilarious DD exposing radar. 

In regard to the new Cpt Skills, I found it that I mostly chose skills close to what I had before.

It appears that the older skills, in general, are still the most valuable.

I did find some new skills that are ship class specific (even somewhat tier level specific) that will help.

Overall, if the old skill tree was rated '50%' then the new skill tree is, imho, '55%' (a decent 10% improvement, perhaps).

Hey Pigeon, listen, my man.

Two things, 1, what do you think the KV-2 of Warships is?

And 2, can we have HMS Marshal Ney?

Second this, Mogami 155mm is more fun and competitive than 203mm even now. 

155mm rotation speed should be less than 30s

203mm should have a little more range.

And please FIX the concealment from Stock to Top hull. If i want to be stealthier why i should use the stock one? Keep the concealment values for all the hulls.

Yes, it's completely [redacted] that detection bloom is based on on the hull rather than the gun, which seemingly is the case only for Mogami.

Pigeon, I said this on the .6.0 feedback thread, but I'm going to say it here too. For a DD driver, the new 1 point skills are completely worthless. I wouldn't have taken any of them if I didn't have to in order to get to the 2 point skills. And for a cruiser and BB captain its not really any better. Frankly whoever came up with them deserves a trip to the woodshed in my opinion. You guys said you wanted to give us more relevant choices in how we spec out our commanders, but this didn't do it. At least for DDs.

I told you last year that there were patches that had managed to piss me off and made me close my wallet. This is one of those. Which is sad, because aside from the skill tree changes it looked like a decent patch.

Pigeon, I said this on the .6.0 feedback thread, but I'm going to say it here too. For a DD driver, the new 1 point skills are completely worthless. I wouldn't have taken any of them if I didn't have to in order to get to the 2 point skills. And for a cruiser and BB captain its not really any better. Frankly whoever came up with them deserves a trip to the woodshed in my opinion. You guys said you wanted to give us more relevant choices in how we spec out our commanders, but this didn't do it. At least for DDs.

I told you last year that there were patches that had managed to piss me off and made me close my wallet. This is one of those. Which is sad, because aside from the skill tree changes it looked like a decent patch.

-Preventative Maintenance

-Priority Target

Both are perfectly fine skills, with IMHO Preventative Maintenance being the best option for a DD. I gladly accept that you may disagree with me, but most players find an increase in module hit-pools a worthy Tier 1 skill addition. 

Why would I take preventative maint. on a DD when last stand takes care of it? A 30% chance of something not popping only means the next shell that hits you will knock everything out anyways.

Also, if WG has not noticed, the fire chance is out of control. Even with the -fire skill and the -fire module on a ship a BB will be lit on triple fires and burn to the ground by a single DD just like it did many patches ago. I already quit bothering trying to play BB because of this idiocy.

...and of course, you can abuse and exploit this. You see cruisers spamming HE until the BB is on triple fires and used up its repair and light them up again...all this in just a few salvos from max range... and then they stealth up and leave, knowing the BB will burn to the ground in less than a minute.

...also, the 'use doubloons to remove installed module upgrade' is once again the default option. Its like WG rolled back most of the little fixes from many patches ago. I lost 25 doubloons because this stupid thing went back to doubloon cost rather than sell the upgrade.

Finally, FIX mogami 155s please. So tired of this garbage.

Edited by Skyfaller

Hey Pigeon, listen, my man.

Two things, 1, what do you think the KV-2 of Warships is?

And 2, can we have HMS Marshal Ney?

1.Molotov: Powerful guns, nothing for side armor.

2. Maybe? I dunno? It's a "unique" ship