Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,864 posts in this topic

Though I thought the rues and clarifications for Season 4 were pretty sound, [please direct most of your questions on it in that thread, don't want to create multi-thread confusion or start stepping on things CorgiPower has said. 

As per running multi-events over the course of a month, typically this is to give a couple of different levels of players things to strive for. For instance, not every player plays Ranked battles (many players don't like the intense competition) but every player CAN play the Arpeggio missions in Random battles.

I hope this makes sense?

NO.

It makes no sense.

It makes no sense to run no major event for months and then run two at the same time and make people choose.  

It makes MORE sense, to give every player in the game an opportunity to try ranked, and when that Season is over, alleviate the hangover by running the ARP Missions and giving them something else to do in Randoms than just aimlessly grinding XP.  Countless members have come to these forums claiming 'grind burnout' based on limited ship lines and repetitiveness of the grind itself.  Yet, here you have a chance to alleviate that by two separate events that a lot of people look forward to, and you run them at the same time, instead of separating them.

NO, it makes NO SENSE.

Sorry for sounding harsh with you on your first week here, but I'm fairly certain I'm speaking for the BULK of the forum going population that play Ranked and wish to do the Arpeggio missions, because most of us here care to take part in both.

Pigeon, welcome to warships forum, glad to have you here.

Also, thank you for your service. o7   And your involvement in Fisher House, as well, great cause.

An item of discussion of late has been the "citadel hit sound"  which is generic term for several high-pitched, or grating sounds that were incorporated a few patches ago.  There have been some improvement to the volume levels lately, but there are still a large number of players that would like to see this removed altogether.

It's understood that the  "Immersion effect" is the reasoning for the addition, but many players, particularly ones that may have a hearing hyper-sensitivity to the pitch, the sound is so disagreeable that it effect's their decision to play this game.

My suggestion is a control slider that allows the player to set the volume of these particular sounds to their liking. Similar to the one that controls gun volume.

I made this suggestion to Boyarsky, and NikoPower in another thread... Here it is.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/73216-citadel-impact-sound-issue/page__st__300__p__1992452#entry1992452

Again, thanks for being here!

Perhaps a flow chart modeled after the Byzantine Empire (anyone get the reference? :)) could help!

nido04b.png

tumblr_inline_nogf4jRcLP1t483v9_540.jpg

My life is over with classes every-week till  the end of October.  Damn urge to get a Masters.. for what?  LOL  so stack them all you want lol

Edited by Nachoo31

nido04b.png

tumblr_inline_nogf4jRcLP1t483v9_540.jpg

You win a +1 :)

"Sea Trials" Like the WoT testing range. You will be able to spawn in new ships to test and shoot at, even if you don't have them. It will help new captains to decide what line they want to try and veteran captains to find where the weakest parts of enemy ships are. You can also toggle whether the enemy ships shoot back so you can learn how to angle most effectively. I play Fractured Space and they just put this thing in. It's a great resource.

One thing I've been a bit curious about is that at the beginning of the game names that are parsed can still be viewed by hovering your mouse over them- their ship comes up with their name across the top of the box that describes their ship capabilities... 

But at the end of the match the names are parsed and yet hovering your mouse over them / clicking only brings up the ability to report without expanding the name. 

It's a very minor thing, but quite often I'll go back and look for a name to either compliment or report and as silly as it sounds I won't recall the name of the person I am looking for. I'd recognize it to see it... but can't tell what it is from the 4 letters or so that we can see. I will look over my own score, then go to the team score to see how I stacked up and by the time I focus on figuring out who I wanted to compliment my mind is blank.

I'd just ask that the name be attached to the report / compliment box in the same fashion as it is in the pre-game screen. 

I'm quite happy with most things and definitely engaged with the way things are moving forward. 

1. Mahan, Fix the numbering on the Torpedo tubes. Make the Center line torps number 3 so they launch last and the sides 1 & 2.

If the Devs tell you no(like they did to me during Beta), just say typical. Ill understand.

2. Radar needs to stop working thru Islands. Period this is so broken it's not funny.

3. Just do what every tester in Beta(Even the DD groupies like myself) were saying and make smoke a 0 way mirror. Nobody gets to see thru them period.

4. Lower the amount of RNG in the game, WG should be embracing the better players instead of pandering to the worst players. Beta was a phenomenal time for good players, but currently the RNG is making this game meh....

5. Take Domination mode with 3 caps, and remove the game ending if they go to 0. Remove negative wins and start at 0. For the love of all the players who are tired of crappy teammates/enemies and all the potential XP/damage left.

6. Fix the water lines(2-5meters high) on the t5 Konigsberg & t6 Nurnberg. I was led to this conclussion by Cpt_Kill_jack, if this claim is true then there is no "balance" excuse WG can make now that the Molotov has been put in the game, it's t9 guns(WG sale claim) are more than a good reason to lower them in the water.

7. Get some tier 10 competitive games already. It will give people a reason to get their t10s and then the population of t10 players would be higher.....That way the same tired excuse of "there aren't enough players" would be useless. But i said that over a year ago and here we are.....still....

8. Ranked needs to be tier 8-10 already seriously, and the after party of 10's doesn't count. same reasoning as above, WG"nobody has them", here is an idea give them a GOOD reason to get high tiers.

Ill be back with more salt and ideas later.  *Drops Torpedo* "Ow! F*** my toe!"

My big question is in regards to the reward ship for Season 4.

• Wargaming North America did not issue the Pirate Flag II to players who consecutively reached Rank 1 through Seasons 2 & 3.
  • The EU server (and presumably other servers) did issue Pirate Flag II to players who consecutively reached Rank 1 through Seasons 2 & 3.
  • Pirate Flag II is now a requirement to earn the reward ship for Season 4 / 5.
  • There is no way to earn a Pirate Flag II in Season 4.

So, no one on our server can earn the reward ship this season despite the front page saying otherwise.  The descriptive text of the reward system is working under the assumption that we should have been awarded something we were not.  Worse, the reward we need is not available this season.  Even worse than that, the conditions of earning the reward we need in Season 5 isn't properly disclosed.  Do we have to get Rank 1 in Seasons 4 & 5 to be eligible for Pirate Flag II?  Perhaps more importantly, if we manage to get Pirate Flag II in Season 5, will the USS Flint still be available or will the conditions of earning her change again?

Wargaming has not had a good track record in regards to reward ships through Ranked Battles.  And I, for one, am getting very, very frustrated.

You win a +1 :)

My work here is complete.

Quick reminder in case you think I'm a bit quiet. 

I read every comment here and take notes where i can, so please keep it coming. Just bear in mind not all ideas will be implemented or jotted down. 

Pigeon, can you comment on the issues addressed in this thread please? It's the same issue that LWM addressed a few posts up.

Pigeon, can you comment on the issues addressed in this thread please? It's the same issue that LWM addressed a few posts up.

I ran out of upvotes so quoting as a +1. My willingness to deal with Ranked has tanked if I can't get a Flint at the end of it.

It's being looked into. More info to follow!

Finally... a thread I can fire off about the Yorktown Class and/or the USS Enterprise.

This is me. Asking for a Yorktown Class Carrier... or at least a premium USS Enterprise. Again. Pretty please?

a premium USS Enterprise. 

I've said this in several meetings in the building, if/when this comes out, I'm spending my own money on it. 

I've said this in several meetings in the building, if/when this comes out, I'm spending my own money on it. 

Amen... I've got a secret stash of cash if and when it ever shows up. 

Things I would like to see...

Non-meeting engagements and asymmetric battles. For example...

1) 6 destroyers vs. 2 cruisers protecting 8 transports from one side of the map to the other. 

2) 3 battleships have to prevent as much damage as possible to a town when attacked by 6 fast cruisers. 

It's being looked into. More info to follow!

Thank you.  It doesn't impact me at all, because I never made Rank 1 in any season, but I think it's tremendously important that we improve the communication on Ranked and Team battle rewards BEFORE the seasons for such things start (much less end).

On a related note: now that the Admiral Hipper is available in-game with her post-refit bow and funnel cap, how about a re-skinned Prinz Eugen premium Tier VIII German heavy cruiser?

Just wondering. =)

Restore AFT to guns up to 152mm. American mid-tier cruisers are heavily disadvantaged now, especially against German and Russian CAs.

The anniversary of the Battle of Savo Island is August 8-9. That would be a great time to roll out a night game mode! :playing:

It would also be a good time to introduce a premium like the HMAS Canberra.

Restore AFT to guns up to 152mm. American mid-tier cruisers are heavily disadvantaged now, especially against German and Russian CAs.

Unfortunately Germans have 150mm guns and Russians have 152mm guns. In other words nothing will change except for angry BB players.