You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

3,304 comments in this topic

[WGA] Pigeon_of_War 1,870
Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
956 posts
3,086 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, Lochnivar said:

1.       Spotting UI Feedback:

One of the supposed strengths of a DD is the ability to spot the enemy and not be spotted themselves.  However, it’s difficult to tell if you are actually performing that role.  It’s a guess as to whether you are being a use or not.  If you aren’t, then you’re simply wasting your time in an unadvantageous spot.  I would like to see a captain’s skill that would let you know that you are the only ship with eyes on a target.

I like this idea a lot. I'll send it up 

• Cool 4

[POP] OgreMkV 286
1,021 posts
6,271 battles

I would like a "report - bot" added to the report-compliment list. 

This, ideally, should have more implications than just regular reporting. 

In a certain match today our CV moved, launched planes, then quit. Did not relaunch planes. My Bismark shot down more planes than our Midway. This player has almost 900 battles in T10 carriers (one specific carrier) a win rate of less than 27% and less than a third of the plane kills that. 

It's either a bot or someone deliberately throwing matches. 

Either way, it's really messing up the game. 

[URNA] CRGKevin 22
76 posts
1,490 battles

Since I seem to be running out of options and am ignored at every bloody turn, might as well attempt something here...

Are the admins or developers ever going to provide the promised support that this thread is for? It exists solely for reporting bug and providing feedback for Mac players, yet no admin or developer has responded there since August 14, 2017. What is so hard about having someone from development pop on over for a spell and check in with us? I get rejected at every turn, yet all I ask is to have a conversation with someone from Wargaming regarding our troubles with Macs. Yet I have seen posts removed, direct messages ignored, and gotten vague warnings about punitive actions with not much explaining what I did wrong. If I ran a PC any problem I have would be promptly handled by Customer Service, but since I have a Mac, I wait four months on a forgotten forum thread surrounded by other suffering users and apathetic admins. Is it too much to ask that we get a response every now and then? Is it really that difficult to provide a little but of customer support to people on the other operating system? Or are the staff here on the forums that apathetic to our situation? 

956 posts
3,086 battles
16 hours ago, CRGKevin said:

Is it really that difficult to provide a little but of customer support to people on the other operating system? Or are the staff here on the forums that apathetic to our situation? 

No apathy at all. I have not heard of removed posts from this thread unless something insulting or non-constructive was said. 

That said, the Mac Wrapper is, as noted, an unofficial installation. Our recommended system specs do require Windows installation, but the Mac Wrapper is there to use. As it's an unofficially supported application, there is a not a lot of troubleshooting we can actively do for it. 

Sorry about any concerns you may have encountered with this. 

[NDA] kerensky914 1,100
3,856 posts
1,246 battles
20 hours ago, OgreMkV said:

It's either a bot or someone deliberately throwing matches.

Or possibly, "Honey, the baby just exploded from both ends, can you clean this up while I call the doctor?"

Or possibly the Midway captain loaded into game, and then his colon, well, tried to emulate the baby in the previous anecdote.  Getting old sucks rocks.

I'm not saying that this isn't a big deal when it happens, and I know there've apparently been some incidents like this recently that really look like people throwing games.  If there's a pattern, players like that should be dealt with, and harshly.  But sometimes, life happens.

[POP] OgreMkV 286
1,021 posts
6,271 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Or possibly, "Honey, the baby just exploded from both ends, can you clean this up while I call the doctor?"

Or possibly the Midway captain loaded into game, and then his colon, well, tried to emulate the baby in the previous anecdote.  Getting old sucks rocks.

I'm not saying that this isn't a big deal when it happens, and I know there've apparently been some incidents like this recently that really look like people throwing games.  If there's a pattern, players like that should be dealt with, and harshly.  But sometimes, life happens.

Again, I looked up the player. 

They have almost as many battles as I do. But there is not a single stat that is not red (warships today). This player has fewer than 300 games below T6. And has almost 900 in the ship in question. For those 900 battles for the ship in question, he has no stat that is more than 1/4th the average for the class (except survival which is half). 

Based on the number of battles at low ranks, they cannot have gotten to T10 via XP (or free XP) especially considering that no ship has a positive win rate nor any stat that is even average. For example. At T5, this player has 27 battles with a 33% win rate and a 33% survival rate. The equivalent T5 ship on my stats has 59 battles with a 57% win rate with above avg damage and experience and the same survival rate. 

Yes, I have things happen occasionally. But I still have a positive win rate, and have above average stats in my best ships. And I have no ship that I have 900 battles in. 

I have noted the name. We will see if it happens again. 

[KNTAI] Carrier_Ikoma 444
In AlfaTesters
2,065 posts

I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of threads like this one... :

The correct info for the event (namely that you need to play a game after pressing the opt in button)... it's there but it's really buried. I think it would be helpful to make it much more prominent and in close proximity to the opt in button.

[SMI-1] Sere_Pj 38
183 posts
7,853 battles

@OgerMkv have you sent in a ticket to support and maybe a replay or screen shot of the said CV player, they will look into it, just state it the same way you did here in the form.

[RUST] K538 304
1,074 posts
5,443 battles

I can't really say that it's important enough to remove this mission, given that you can complete the event without doing it, but you should really rethink including missions like this in the game.

Untitled-1.jpg.6955bec44ccd9ed297b1f684b6f1f238.jpg

I'm not saying this because it's necessarily a hard mission, but man does it promote terrible gameplay.  Trying to race to the front of your team in a random battle to beat the destroyers to the front of the line on the off chance that a German BB is going to show up on your side of the map is practically a script for a Bad Advice Captain episode.  It's not the first time either that a task or daily mission that essentially has this sort of criteria in it has entered the game.  It would be great if there was more effort put into vetting this kind of gameplay.

Stuff like "get torpedo hits in a cruiser", "do X amount of damage to a certain class of ship using a specific weapon in a single game" is gimmicky play, and is a bit silly, but is the sort of thing that does happen from time to time in the course of regular play.  A mission like this requires either a very strange set of circumstances or really poor play and shouldn't be reinforced...

Insert 2¢ here.

• Cool 2

113 posts
5,862 battles

What is the plan for the personal oil accounts for people in clans? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if something is still in the works.

Slyv 10
111 posts
6,821 battles

Suggestion: Since it seems she was a common drop in this years Christmas  boxes it would be nice if the Kobayashi camo for the Kii was made available to purchase either in game or in the Premium Shop.

[-VT3-] CalicoBill 17
93 posts
7,851 battles

Putting the division finction in the chat is a huge fail. 

When the chat goes down,

you can't division at all because the divisions are linked to the chat server.

If the division leader leaves, you are stuck and can't play, because you can't start any game.

if you leave a battle you played while being in division, you can't leave the division until battle ends. Disconnecting and relaunching the game don't help.

So to create a division,

<Click> create a division, then search for player

Open chat window to see what ship they have ready

close chat window to search for next player

open chat window to see what ship they want to play.

close chat window to select your ship.

open chat window to see what ship they are playing

close chat window to select another ship

open chat window to ready ship

close chat window to play the game

This is by far the worst QoL change wargaming has ever made.

• Cool 2

[CAPGO] 0806sung 69
356 posts
2,321 battles

I generally like the Kobayashi's camo for the Roma, but the size of the can is little bit too much. Most people find it absurd.

Can you please reduce the size of the can?

I borrowed render image from WG and did some photoshop to illustrate how it would look with smaller can 

K-001.jpg

Another Idea,

If you are going to make it funny and make pun out of it, why not do it right?

Right now, it looks like huge water tank that doesnt belong on the very top. Make it smaller and make it a real beer can with opener.

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by 0806sung
  • Cool 1

956 posts
3,086 battles
2 hours ago, 0806sung said:

If I'm being honest, I want the size increased and on more ships. 

[CUTIE] TheBigM145 15
62 posts
5,856 battles
15 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

If you'll give us wine bottles on the Gasconge, I'll be in full support.  

421 posts
1,255 battles

Is there a way to get the HSF Graf Spee camo without buying one of the bundles? Just curious since i got the ship in one of the Santa Crates.

[CAPGO] 0806sung 69
356 posts
2,321 battles
2 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

This is madness!

[VVV] Lord_Magus 336
2,163 posts
8 hours ago, 0806sung said:

I generally like the Kobayashi's camo for the Roma, but the size of the can is little bit too much. Most people find it absurd.

I borrowed render image from WG and did some photoshop to illustrate how it would look with smaller can 

K-001.jpg

That does look a lot better.

[SMI-1] Sere_Pj 38
183 posts
7,853 battles

The Beer can thing is just a slap in the face of the Italian Ship Registry and to the Navy that sailed her, let the Anime designers stay with the IJN fleet and make those look stupid.

• Cool 1

1,529 posts
3 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

The Beer can thing is just a slap in the face of the Italian Ship Registry and to the Navy that sailed her, let the Anime designers stay with the IJN fleet and make those look stupid.

Just restrict Kobayashi camos to paper/fantasy ships like Kii and Ashitaka. Leave real historical ships like Roma alone. I'm just gonna quote @Bl4ckBaron's locked post:

Hello all,

First, I am not Italian...:)

Second, I have a pretty open mind and I can understand the fun and interest behind all the manga girls and other fantasy elements introduced in warships.

But, I can not understand why Roma has an inverted beer can on top of its main mast.

We need to remember that real people lived, fought and died on-board of all these warships we drive around trying to achieve our best, which in a way helps to maintain their memory alive and contributes to the overall knowledge of naval history.

But some limits have to be respected. After all, this game models real ships and invokes their history.

An inverted beer can on top of the main mast is beyond these limits, as much as the creative freedom must be supported, if I was Italian I would be very sad and disgusted, specially if one of my family members had served and died on-board Roma.

Thank you and best regards.

Considering WG has plenty of time on their hands making so many obnoxious camos, I really have to wonder why they still haven't added permanent camos for T5 ships and below.

• Cool 1

1,745 posts
4,877 battles
18 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Betoota Bitter or Bundy Rum can on the Vampire and Perth next?

[ARP] TheFerretArmy 27
74 posts
8,105 battles

@Pigeon_of_War With the return of the Hunt for Bismarck and Dunkirk collections, is there a chance for earning the 2 Years of World of Warships items again?

For reference, the reason I ask is because I have 1 duplicate and 15/16 items, and it kind of bothers me that I never got to finish due to my computer suffering a blowout of the GPU.

or maybe just gift me the last item please thank you

464 posts
1,910 battles

I propose a button that makes your torps explode instead of hitting your allies. The button could only be used if torps are heading towards an ally or if you died. Seems kind of stupid that we don't have something already like this in game. It could be as simple as each button press detonates from left to right your torpedoes.

464 posts
1,910 battles

Here is another idea take the ranked ships if they are 2 years or more and make them available for free xp that would help solve the clamoring for free xp cruisers and dd's

4,016 posts
11,072 battles

I'm so frustrated with Rank right now. I work so hard to get caps, sink ships and secure the win. Only for my efforts to be wasted the next game because a Bismarck sails to the boarder and dies doing nothing. I hate the North map because a radar cruiser can sit in cover and radar both caps. North would be better if you moved the A cap west to the next channel but as it is right now its the worst map in Rank. 

I can't be the only one tired of getting screwed by random players and Match Maker because hardly anyone is playing this game mode. Its a Saturday night and there are only 30 players in my range. I suspect there are barely two Rank games going on and its been like this all afternoon into the evening. 

I really want to Rank out this season so that I can get the Black next season but frankly once I get that ship I'm really thinking of not showing up for Rank battles any more. This game mode keeps getting more and more frustrating each season. I like 7v7 same tier battles but the pressure of keeping and gaining stars is getting to be to much for a game I play to enjoy navel combat. Playing Rank should not make me want to stop playing WoWs.