Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,745 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Were you close to an island when you fired?  One of your guns' salvos might have been intercepted by a mountain.  Just making the standard IT-type ("is your computer plugged in?") question first.

That being said, now that you've mentioned it, I may (emphasis on the may) have experienced something similar a few times last night.  I kept thinking maybe it was the way my turrets were positioned and kept checking my position (am I close to something which blocked some of my shots) - that sort of thing.

Not close in most cases. I didn't notice anyway. I'll try to keep an eye out. Lately I see all guns start to reload even when only front turrets were on target and fired. 

Last night I fired front guns and swung about to get rear guns into play to finish off an Iron Duke in my QE only to find all guns cycling. Showed my broadside and was left naked so to speak. Took a nasty hit and dd got easy kill with its pew pew shots. Not a huge deal. Just confused.

Maybe this is normal? Just that I have brought rear guns around after firing front before and they were ready to fire.

Edited by WarDemon1

On 10/5/2017 at 2:23 PM, Zakuul said:

Agreed.

What makes it worse is the fact that the 6 days began when they gave it to us and not when we logged in (Like when they gave the 3 days during the weekend a few times)

On 07/10/2017 at 1:56 AM, Pigeon_of_War said:

I'm kinda in love with the first suggestion. The second one as well!

Agree! The first suggestion would look even greater if players had a few more customization options, like:
1) Switching the plane skins for some funny/historical variations. No need of a full customisation interfaces, a few premade skins would be enough. Saipan's planes are soooooo ugly
2) Just like with the Yamamoto collection, being able to switch the camo colors for the other nations.
3) Changing the colors of the premium camoufages as well?

4) More historical skins, like the "Hunt for the Bismarck" ones.

5) Once a premium ship is acquired, its camo pattern becomes useable on other ships, but as a Type 5 camo equivalent.

6) Ship indicator on the sides ( like the Belfast's C35,...).

But even without, it would be a great addition. May I also suggest a "Play of the Game" feature showing your ship in a cool position, with the list of the earned achevements? Just to motivate players to give their best so they can show off. :cap_win:

Your thoughts?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, something I'd qualify as abnormal found on the PTS:
I am playing a Benson. I am spotted by an ennemy at 9km, while shooting. I drop my smoke, stay in and... I am still spotted by that ennemy at 9km and for 20s, while the "Detection range while firing the main guns in smoke" is supposed to be 2.7km. There was no radar, no hydro, no closer ennemy,...
Is this intended? I hope not, it would kill the defensive use of smoke when you're caught in a disadvantageous position by the ennemy. :fish_nerv:

Edited by Fun_and_engaging

Good morning Pigeon:

My feedback on the new clan naval bases:

1. Our clan had managed to build one structure: A dock for battleships. The 10% discount on operation costs is a blessing, especially at high tier. You still break even at the worse case scenario.

2. Long time required for oil accumulation is an issue. Our clan is a small one and it took 2 weeks to reach 5k. Now that the oil event is done, it might take longer to reach even 4k. So I propose the following:

a. Make the oil event a recurring one. Every other month would be good.

b. Make it possible to purchase oil with in house currency. You can make in semi annual/annual sale.

The way I see it, if we get more oil, we can get more structures up which in turn would attract people to our clan. Which would also benefit WG.     

Edited by Bill_Halsey

On the subject of Clan bases, I notice that the "research facility" area (the XP bonuses by nation) doesn't seem to have room to add facilities for other nations. Does that mean we'll never be able to get the 3% bonus for Italy, Pan-Asia or any other nations that could get lines in the future?

Hello Pidgeon! Some questions  for development, if you can answer them

What is your opinion of the result of the "modifications" to the trees of the Japanese DD? What about Minekaze / Isokaze torpedoes?

Do you have any idea if ARA Belgrano version (Brooklyn class) will be developed in the game?

People who do not have clan. Could we put the oil in the inventory until create / join in a clan?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, maxrx said:

Hello Pidgeon! Some questions  for development, if you can answer them

What is your opinion of the result of the "modifications" to the trees of the Japanese DD? What about Minekaze / Isokaze torpedoes?

Do you have any idea if ARA Belgrano version (Brooklyn class) will be developed in the game?

People who do not have clan. Could we put the oil in the inventory until create / join in a clan?

Thanks!

Can you be more specific, please?

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

Good morning Pigeon:

My feedback on the new clan naval bases:

1. Our clan had managed to build one structure: A dock for battleships. The 10% discount on operation costs is a blessing, especially at high tier. You still break even at the worse case scenario.

2. Long time required for oil accumulation is an issue. Our clan is a small one and it took 2 weeks to reach 5k. Now that the oil event is done, it might take longer to reach even 4k. So I propose the following:

a. Make the oil event a recurring one. Every other month would be good.

b. Make it possible to purchase oil with in house currency. You can make in semi annual/annual sale.

The way I see it, if we get more oil, we can get more structures up which in turn would attract people to our clan. Which would also benefit WG.     

Not sure that I'd want to see oil be purchasable with either gold or credits.  However, I would love to see oil be included as a regular reward on regular Challenges and Combat Missions.  For example, on a multipart combat mission, maybe give 10 oil for each of the sub-parts of the CM, and maybe 50 oil for completing the entire mission.  It would be a great incentive to play the missions.  

Pigeon, a question.

Why is the mini-map on the Strait map so damned bright blue?  All other mini-maps that I can recall are more of a steel gray blue, which I find much more appealing.

Hi Pigeon,

I have made some suggestions for possible tech lines for the game and with the help from my fellow community members we have made some preliminary lines. I hope that you can take a look at them and see if they are worth passing up to the devs. As always thanks. Any feedback to improve these lines would be greatly appreciated.

Damn I missed it. Only feedback I have right now is about the Halloween event mission and its lack of voicework for me to edit

Hey Pigeon,

I was one of the few folk who got a free Okhotnik 'rental' for 3 days starting this morning. Nice and all, but no option to buy the silly thing. 

Suggestion: either present an option to buy, or offer rentals of ships currently or soon to be available from the premium shop, so as WG can make some dough out of a cool promotion. 

I don't mind the bote, mind you, but I don't have much use for something I can't add to my fleet. At least I wasn't teased with an Arky or a Nikolai, as then I might heff to be mad. :)

Coos and birdseed!

I was wondering, "Does surviving a battle mean anything as to XP or credits for a battle, win or lose?" I get killed many games because I don't worry about surviving, is hurting me outside of destruction ratio.

Edited by Strachwitz666

On 10/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, LancerUlysses said:

Hey Pigeon,

I was one of the few folk who got a free Okhotnik 'rental' for 3 days starting this morning. Nice and all, but no option to buy the silly thing. 

Suggestion: either present an option to buy, or offer rentals of ships currently or soon to be available from the premium shop, so as WG can make some dough out of a cool promotion. 

I don't mind the bote, mind you, but I don't have much use for something I can't add to my fleet. At least I wasn't teased with an Arky or a Nikolai, as then I might heff to be mad. :)

Coos and birdseed!

You have to read the mission. It says you get an offer after 5 battles with it.

1 minute ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

You have to read the mission. It says you get an offer after 5 battles with it.

At the time there was no mission. I have completed seven battles and no option to buy yet. 

Thanks tho!

Edited by LancerUlysses

16 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Did you check Offers in the in-game Premium Shop?

Funny, I select it and it will not open the special offers menu. Whole thing seems glitchy. 

Edited by LancerUlysses

In fact special offers is the only thing that will not open. 

So I'll file a ticket, but here is the deal: I have got 9 battles in the thing, 5 PvP 4 PvE, and no message, nor 'mission' to buy it. When I enter the Premium shop in-game I can access every menu except Special Offers, which, when I selct that, locks up the shop so I cannot access anything until I exit the page and open it again. 

The website Premium Shop does not have the offer nor any 'mission' listed there.  

Update: 

*ticket filed*

Edited by LancerUlysses

41 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

In fact special offers is the only thing that will not open. 

So I'll file a ticket, but here is the deal: I have got 9 battles in the thing, 5 PvP 4 PvE, and no message, nor 'mission' to buy it. When I enter the Premium shop in-game I can access every menu except Special Offers, which, when I selct that, locks up the shop so I cannot access anything until I exit the page and open it again. 

The website Premium Shop does not have the offer nor any 'mission' listed there.  

Update: 

*ticket filed*

I noticed that glitch.  Right after I posted the suggestion, I went back into the game and could not open the Offers, or any other tab.

Good luck!

Just now, ExploratorOne said:

I noticed that glitch.  Right after I posted the suggestion, I went back into the game and could not open the Offers, or any other tab.

Good luck!

Thanks!

The ticket was closed, with the representative giving me a link to the Premium Shop Offers page, which of course contains nothing related to the Okhotnik. 

So IDK. :( 

The rental period is over, never got an offer to buy, it never showed up in the shop for me as an offer, so Bye, Okhotnik. 

Weird tease, WG. Just. Weird.

Hey Pigeon, here is a new set questions:

1) You already announced the high Tier RN BBS, but nothing yet about the Orion which you confirmed to be OP. No plans to rebalance it? Moreover, ships like the Umikaze are still wandering around as well...

2) Some premium ships seem quite underpowered and left in state for a while. Thinking about:
-Sims: good in Ranked, but poor outside of it. Not enough damage output against non-DDs, thinking about the lame torps.
-Yubari: It's nimble, but so fragile. Despite the mod 0 module and AA, aren't the torp arcs artificially made narrower than what they can rotate without meeting an obstacle in front of them? Also, the main guns reload is 0.5s longer than on the Kuma for... reasons. I bet its stats are kind of flawed because of the amount of CBT veterans owning it.
-Oleg: weaker Bogatyr, feels poor-ish.
-Krasny Krym: nothing much to add, it is known to be trash.
-Drunkerque: not desperatingly bad, but the reload feels sluggish compared to the damage output of any other Tier 6 BB. Meanwhile, the KGV gets 25s for its  impressive lower caliber fire spam.

=> Could you tell us more about how do they officially perform and if they do not perform well, if they are any plans to improve their performance?

3) Mikasa:  same question as in 2), although I'll give you a joker here because it's the only Tier 2 BB in the game and thus balancing it becomes really difficult. But might you consider again giving it longer secondary range (while keeping the terrible sigma so it spreads everywhere), just to land a hit in a while and intimidate the ennemy? Or even adding more much-asked pre-dreadnoughts and monitors (Schleswig-Holstein, HMS Erebus)... ;) Well balanced, it could be fun to see them sailing around and derping each other, while feeding other ships on easy xp (but not to easy like it actually is. Worst bundle I ever bought.).

4) On the same concern as premium ship balance, the Huang He. You are currently trying to make it viable by giving it gimmicks and stuff, but.. Wouldn't it be safer to simply make it Tier 5, without DFAA? Six 152mm guns is way too few for a T6 cruiser and no smoke nor heal for such a fragile vessel is hampering. Experimenting is one thing, but it become touchy when the ship is supposed to be bought with customer's money (=> Graf Z debacle). :/

PS: I really enjoy this game and the efforts you put in it. However, I am afraid for its future because of balance decisions universally considered as very doubtul (RN BB HE+fires+module-nuking splash+superheal, upcoming radar DDs, BB overpopulation,...).
Anyway, good job for you promptitude to solve the RN BB problem, although I'd consider it as partial. Wishing you a good continuation in your work and hoping for you to keep on carefully monitoring the results -then take prompt and appropriate measures-, so us, players, can keep enjoying the game. :)

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post. :)

Edited by Fun_and_engaging