Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,504 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, Pigeon_of_War said:

Have an idea to improve the game?

Got a favorite ship you would love to see in the game?

Upcoming event you think we might benefit giving attention to?

No such thing as bad ideas, just keep 'em classy!

Wargaming we need better range torp ships... I suggest a Kitakami....

Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Wargaming we need better range torp ships... I suggest a Kitakami....

You feedback is taken, and filed away next to the "Subs" feedback.

1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

We actually get this ship requested a lot. Not as much as others, but quite a bit. We shall see. 

What about the Oscar-II Class Kursk? I think it would be balans for Russia at T7 )))))

These ships would be nice to add please

HMAS Australia D84 would be nice to add A county class heavy cruiser of the RAN.

HMAS Melbourne R21 Majestic class light aircraft carrier 

HMAS Voyager Do4 Darling Class destroyer

pics provided, Melbourne sailing with voyager and Vendetta

just my thoughts

1024px-HMAS_Australia_Oct_1937_SLV_straightened.jpg

Melbourne_Darings_301014.jpg

12 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

You feedback is taken, and filed away next to the "Subs" feedback.

And this is why we need moderators; snappy (but incredibly insightful) comebacks! +1 Sir, +1!

I have a another suggestion..... A New game mode call VIP mode or fleet leader? or flagship.. Have respawns and if the flagship goes down then no more respawns? somthing from halo vip mode?

23 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

What about the USS Olympia? I visited her back in June (also the first time I visited a warship! Woot!) along with the USS Becuna, and I have to say, she'd a FUN little tier 2 to knock around in every once in a while. How likely do you think she'd end up game? o3o

always possible the low tiers get released as holiday gifts.

23 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

We actually get this ship requested a lot. Not as much as others, but quite a bit. We shall see. 

good enough for me! thanks sir.

do subs dont count as "others" :Smile_teethhappy:  i hear those get requested a bit.

7 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

I have a another suggestion..... A New game mode call VIP mode or fleet leader? or flagship.. Have respawns and if the flagship goes down then no more respawns? somthing from halo vip mode?

id play it, maybe for an event or something?

Hello Captains!

So I stream myself playing ships once a week and I take feedback and questions live. It's fun, it's engaging, and I typically randomly give out something.

^^^^ Read above and I'll see you there! 

THis will probably get buried but a nitpick on dev choices:

Can the IJN secondary models and textures files be made more consistent? I know it's a time saving measure, but it's maddening to mod/skin unless doing the python modding which requires new files for each gun of ship instead of global changes.

Models:

• Nagato and Mutsu do not use the same casemate gun: JGS053_140mm_Type3 on Nagato and Amagi vs JGS126_140mm on Mutsu. On the other hand KII does use the JGS053_140mm_Type3
  • ARP Kongos use JGS509_127mm40_Type_89_TGS for 127mm secondaries as premiums but Kaga, Katori, Atago/ARP Takao, and Mutsu use the tech tree JGS009_127mm40_Type_89, JGS003_127mm40_Type89_Mod_A

so the line between Premiums and Tech tree ships is a bit blurry and difficult to deal with.

Furthermore texture calls are even more all over the place. 3 guns on 7 ships all call on the textures .dds of JGS008_150mm50_Type_41 : 

• JGS008_150mm50_Type_41(Myogi, Kongo, Fuso) 
  • JGS053_140mm_Type3 (Amagi, Nagato, Kii)
  • JGS039_200mm50_Type3 (Kaga) 

Yet ARP Kongos, Ishizuichi, and Mutsu get different guns and different textures.

I know they are such small insignificant details but the texture calls seem especially lazy to me.

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

Not sure If Ive posted here, but even if I have it bears repeating ----

Fire.  A ridiculously broken mechanic as it is. Far too much damage being farmed far too easily for no skill nor talent invested - one lucky shot and a major chunk of health, if not a full kill, is wiped out.  Neuter this mechanic substantially, particularly in regards to what class and type of ship is on fire -- Less damage to BBs than to cruisers, which in turn take less than DDs, which in turn take less than CVs which historically suffered the worst from fire.

Smoke. Without tech aids, smoke should block vision in both directions - you can hide IN smoke but you cannot see out just like those outside, without tech aids, cannot see you.  The up and coming patch WG has is taking it in the absolutely *wrong* direction.

Torpedoes. RNG needs to be introduced into them to level the playing field.  Right now, Torps have a full aimbot attached to them  (guns dont), never miss, dive under, dud out, premature explode or circle back; all of which they did to varying degrees IRL. Simple solution - put an element of RNG where any of a combination of the above could happen with each torp launch. Of course, one could add a captain skill which lowers this risk but does not eliminate it. Right now, firing torps presents much less of a risk for a much, much greater an assured reward than firing a full broadside from any ship in the game, especially with how utterly broken secondaries (aside of Bismarck and up) are right now.

While we are on the topic, BB secondaries. Isn't it rather ludicrous that BBs that, as an example the US line, mount virtually the same guns, on much more stable platforms with more effective sighting equipment, have a fraction the range and accuracy of DDs that mount the same gun?  Beyond hopelessly broken here. I mean seriously, 4KM base stock range vs 12km? Ya, sure can see where the 'balance' is there.

Carriers, or more appropriately, sky cancer. Very apt nickname for this, at all tiers that it appears in. Simple fix - lose the RTS control that allows CV drivers to crossdrop etc, and introduce the same RNG mechanic that needs to go into torps as it is into their own.

US Cruisers. The only line in the game that has suffered power creep worse than BBs, especially the Pensacola up. Yes, she got a much overdue camo buff - buuut that don't mean much. Pensa's are usually the first thing nuked. Give them heals, smoke something to give them a bit more room to be useful to the team.

BB main guns, esp tiers 4-8.  Cmon guys, what IS this nonsense of not being able to put a full broadside into anything smaller than a heavy cruiser at inside 6km? Yes, you buffed it up to 3KM, but at that range even then its lucky if you manage to take down a 1/4HP DD, most simply overpen or miss. Accuracy across the board is a joke, but especially at what are point blank ranges for these guns.

Now that Ive sent DD and CV drivers into a frothing rage, Ill leave it there for now.

8 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

always possible the low tiers get released as holiday gifts.

In an answer 2 pages earlier, Pigeon said they stopped because marathons and campaigns are more appealing. :(

14 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

I fear the said VIP would be condemned to camp/hide to avoid heavy focus fire (and the occasionnal potato VIP rushing to his death/VIP being sniped by the CV). Maybe for clan-based gameplay and even then, not sure.

33 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Not sure If Ive posted here, but even if I have it bears repeating ----

Fire.  A ridiculously broken mechanic as it is. Far too much damage being farmed far too easily for no skill nor talent invested - one lucky shot and a major chunk of health, if not a full kill, is wiped out.  Neuter this mechanic substantially, particularly in regards to what class and type of ship is on fire -- Less damage to BBs than to cruisers, which in turn take less than DDs, which in turn take less than CVs which historically suffered the worst from fire.

No. Fire damage is fine, and completely heal-able. If you find yourself constantly taking a lot of fire damage and/or dying to fires very often, you need to work on your positioning. 

Smoke. Without tech aids, smoke should block vision in both directions - you can hide IN smoke but you cannot see out just like those outside, without tech aids, cannot see you.  The up and coming patch WG has is taking it in the absolutely *wrong* direction.

No. Smoke is fine as-is as a game mechanic, and has enough counters already. And WG's proposed change will add even more counters to smoke. 

Torpedoes. RNG needs to be introduced into them to level the playing field.  Right now, Torps have a full aimbot attached to them  (guns dont), never miss, dive under, dud out, premature explode or circle back; all of which they did to varying degrees IRL. Simple solution - put an element of RNG where any of a combination of the above could happen with each torp launch. Of course, one could add a captain skill which lowers this risk but does not eliminate it. Right now, firing torps presents much less of a risk for a much, much greater an assured reward than firing a full broadside from any ship in the game, especially with how utterly broken secondaries (aside of Bismarck and up) are right now.

No. Just no. 

While we are on the topic, BB secondaries. Isn't it rather ludicrous that BBs that, as an example the US line, mount virtually the same guns, on much more stable platforms with more effective sighting equipment, have a fraction the range and accuracy of DDs that mount the same gun?  Beyond hopelessly broken here. I mean seriously, 4KM base stock range vs 12km? Ya, sure can see where the 'balance' is there.

Game balance. Giving every BB Bismarck-like secondaries would suck for everyone involved, including other BBs. 

Carriers, or more appropriately, sky cancer. Very apt nickname for this, at all tiers that it appears in. Simple fix - lose the RTS control that allows CV drivers to crossdrop etc, and introduce the same RNG mechanic that needs to go into torps as it is into their own.

CVs demand the highest level of skill in the game. It is not as easy as you think, and CVs find themselves useless in many situations these days due to increasing AA powercreep and more ships having DFAA. CVs definitely do not need another RNG mechanic. If you keep getting attacked and/or killed by a CV, then you may also want to work on positioning as well. 

US Cruisers. The only line in the game that has suffered power creep worse than BBs, especially the Pensacola up. Yes, she got a much overdue camo buff - buuut that don't mean much. Pensa's are usually the first thing nuked. Give them heals, smoke something to give them a bit more room to be useful to the team.

Fairly sure the USN cruisers got buffs recently, and they are all pretty solid right now. Play them to their strengths and they will excel. 

BB main guns, esp tiers 4-8.  Cmon guys, what IS this nonsense of not being able to put a full broadside into anything smaller than a heavy cruiser at inside 6km? Yes, you buffed it up to 3KM, but at that range even then its lucky if you manage to take down a 1/4HP DD, most simply overpen or miss. Accuracy across the board is a joke, but especially at what are point blank ranges for these guns.

You can put a full broadside into cruisers inside 6km range and do substantial damage to them, and often deleting them. Improving your accuracy through practice will help a lot. Never give up and keep on trying to improve!

Now that Ive sent DD and CV drivers into a frothing rage, Ill leave it there for now.

Edited by mrmariokartguy

Pigeon,

Some feedback concerning the BB AP on DD reworks. The reason I have no reason to use HE on a DD in my BB is the the damage saturation mechanics needs to be rethought. I have a choice between guaranteed AP over pens and the occasional full pen or the chance of having zero damage HE salvos due to damage saturation.... It's a no brainer. HE needs the rework before anything is done to AP.

I would like to see a change that will allow us to change a Captains name after the Captain has been assigned to a ship.  I understand that as of now the only way to do that is when the Captain has been recruited be fore assigning him to a ship.  Perhaps there is a work around like remove the captain to the reserves and then recruit him from the reserves might work?  Example the actual Captain of the USS Indianapolis was Charles Butler McVay III.  I have the names of other Captains that actually commanded ships in WW II that I would like to change as well and a picture of them. 

Do you think it might be possible in the future?

Loved the commentary text on the 2nd Anniversary Collection items. Who did the English localization? Or did the original versions have that much snark to begin with?

man be cool if we had a FFA aka Free for all game mode... because we got some players who anit good team mates and this be great mode for the lone wolf type players

Good day Sir, Just played a few battles this morning and I never got any flags for the Anniversary Mission 1 thingy though, I did get a nice note thanking me for playing +5000 games. Any news on the missing flags?

"Party On!" promo MASSIVELY misleading.  It should have been made exceedingly clear up front, with bold, underlined, blinking, all-caps text especially in light of HMS Nelson and USS Missouri free XP channel for purchase, that the conversion sale is for elite commander XP.

I bought a small pile of duhblooms to convert my elite ship XP since you posted a conversion sale.  How was I supposed to know you even can convert elite commander XP to free XP?  More to the point, when I can do that with stranded ship XP that accumulates every battle that I play on an elite/premium ship, what's the point of it? 

Elite commander XP only accumulates on maxxed out commanders.  I've been playing since closed Beta.  Know how many 19 point commanders I have?  ZERO.  So, (with the exception of some that stuck during an event), I don't have any elite commander XP.  Plus - unlike elite ship XP - I CAN DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH ELITE COMMANDER XP WITHOUT CONVERSION.  I wouldn't convert it in the first place!  Why WG would even think of putting in a mechanism to convert this XP to free XP is... the only reason for it is for another channel to grab cash.  I mean, if anything, I would want to run this particular conversion in the other direction, buying elite commander XP for Free XP.

As I see it, this is a bait-and-switch by Wargaming.  But I know I can't do anything about it, because there's no way WG gives back money. 

I still love the game.  I still like the staff and will continue playing.

But - unless this is fixed with a ship XP conversion sale in the next 24 hours - next time I'm gonna think really hard before I get my wallet out for any WG title.  Might not ever happen again.

17 hours ago, Fishrokk said:

"Party On!" promo MASSIVELY misleading.  It should have been made exceedingly clear up front, with bold, underlined, blinking, all-caps text especially in light of HMS Nelson and USS Missouri free XP channel for purchase, that the conversion sale is for elite commander XP.

I bought a small pile of duhblooms to convert my elite ship XP since you posted a conversion sale.  How was I supposed to know you even can convert elite commander XP to free XP?  More to the point, when I can do that with stranded ship XP that accumulates every battle that I play on an elite/premium ship, what's the point of it? 

Elite commander XP only accumulates on maxxed out commanders.  I've been playing since closed Beta.  Know how many 19 point commanders I have?  ZERO.  So, (with the exception of some that stuck during an event), I don't have any elite commander XP.  Plus - unlike elite ship XP - I CAN DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH ELITE COMMANDER XP WITHOUT CONVERSION.  I wouldn't convert it in the first place!  Why WG would even think of putting in a mechanism to convert this XP to free XP is... the only reason for it is for another channel to grab cash.  I mean, if anything, I would want to run this particular conversion in the other direction, buying elite commander XP for Free XP.

As I see it, this is a bait-and-switch by Wargaming.  But I know I can't do anything about it, because there's no way WG gives back money. 

I still love the game.  I still like the staff and will continue playing.

But - unless this is fixed with a ship XP conversion sale in the next 24 hours - next time I'm gonna think really hard before I get my wallet out for any WG title.  Might not ever happen again.

I second this

T7 ships have a real big problem currently..there is a huge gap with T7 and 8...T7 ships in general can't compete with T8 ships and when they are put into T9 battles it's just insane..there should be a stop at T7 so T7 should never see T9 battles at all. the power gap between T7 and 8 is huge.

Re the 2nd anniversary event - you have managed to annoy your players who have few or no tier 10 ships.

Maybe next time for battles in tier 6 & up premium ships ?

1 hour ago, kayjay said:

Re the 2nd anniversary event - you have managed to annoy your players who have few or no tier 10 ships.

Maybe next time for battles in tier 6 & up premium ships ?

You still got the gifts for your match count. We both have more than enough matches in to have gotten a tier 10 or more so it is our own fault there.

Could when you open the collection section of your profile, it would default to the right most collection instead of the left most?

Will clans be getting some amount of oil to start of with for building their bases since we have been waiting so long for this? We have waited for a long time for clan functionality and now have terrible grinds staring us in the face to be able to have more members. Any chance we are going to receive some oil in relation to our clan size and battles played to help us out at the start? If this had been added 9 months ago when clans came out, thats a lot of grinding already done....

1 oil for every game or 2 played by a member would be great. Most clans won't be anywhere close to 100K battles played, so there is still some grind to get the membership up. Even going so far as to credit 10 oil for every container received by all the members would e a fair way since containers only came into existence last fall.