Pigeon_of_War

Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2,314 posts in this topic

Have an idea to improve the game?

Got a favorite ship you would love to see in the game?

Upcoming event you think we might benefit giving attention to?

No such thing as bad ideas, just keep 'em classy!

Pigeon, we could REALLY use some clarification on the whole Season 4 of Ranked and the reward ship that has been announced.  Would you mind checking out Niko's announcement thread and posting some answers?  Or, if you are unready for this, please post something soon, as people are getting very nervous (myself included) about how things are going to work.  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/81923-ranked-battles-season-4-63-718/#topmost

Also, any chance you guys can stop doing Arpeggio collaborations and Ranked seasons at the same time?  I'm about to be out of town for three weeks, and I honestly don't know if I'll have enough time to do both of these events by their end dates, which is seriously getting me down...  I really appreciate both are back - and the rewards for Ranked are great.  But...  why force us to divide our time so much with two major events after three months of no major events?!

Otherwise, WG and WGNA, and especially NikoPower are all doing a wonderful job.  Also, I'd like to thank you for reaching out to the forums and being willing to listen and respond.  I really appreciate how open everyone is - Niko, Boyarsky, Q...  it's really nice to see so many WG employees posting and participating with the community.  Please keep up the great work!!!  

Edited by Lord_Zath

Similar to what Lord_Zath said, we are feeling a little bit of event overload. At the very least, will you guys consider allowing some missions to be completed in ranked battles?  I was hoping that the missions that don't require a significant change in play style to complete like damage, ribbons, and plane kills could also be completed in ranked. Missions like fire, kills (specific class kills), and any other thing that require specifics which would require a play style shift would still be restricted to random battles. 

I heard that last time around there were concerns that people would put missions ahead of winning in ranked if the missions were allowed to be completed in ranked. Hopefully some sort of compromise could be made to help people with limited time to complete both ranked and the new set of missions. 

Nice that you are here and have this thread!

Now that you mention it, there is a ship I'd like to see in the game - the Japanese cruiser Haguro.

Wikepedia info here

It's a Myōkō class cruiser and isn't very different from the ship of the same name, but it would be nice to include it in WoWs as a prize or sister-ship.  It has an illustrious history and has the distinction of being the last Japanese ship sunk in battle during the war.

I also have a personal reason - my wife's best-friend's uncle died on this ship at age 21.  Every year the family pays respects at the shrine in Sasebo.  I promised them I would make the request, so here it is.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Fedge_123

Nice that you are here and have this thread!

Now that you mention it, there is a ship I'd like to see in the game - the Japanese cruiser Haguro.

Wikepedia info here

It's a Myōkō class cruiser and isn't very different from the ship of the same name, but it would be nice to include it in WoWs as a prize or sister-ship.  It has an illustrious history and has the distinction of being the last Japanese ship sunk in battle during the war.

I also have a personal reason - my wife's best-friend's uncle died on this ship at age 21.  Every year the family pays respects at the shrine in Sasebo.  I promised them I would make the request, so here it is.

Thank you for your consideration.

I think Haguro is slated to be the next ARP cruiser to debut.  Her model is in-game aready.

Kaiser class for German BB, anyone?

...maybe the SMS Friedrich der Grosse? ;)

Edited by Adm_Leo_von_Caprivi

Would like to see another event like Project R, maybe GNB that EU server got and if possible, maybe announcements before a premium shop is sold.

Kaiser class for German BB, anyone?

...maybe the SMS Friedrich der Grosse? ;)

They already announced Kaiser. I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's in here. "Most notably, Kaiser, -----, and -------. At the top of the treee will be ------ ------."

I think Haguro is slated to be the next ARP cruiser to debut.  Her model is in-game aready.

If it is, that's great news, thanks!

1. Here's my suggestion on how a more accurate modelling of armour penetration may improve gameplay: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/79500-why-i-believe-realistic-armour-penetration-is-better-for-the-game-part-2/

2. Recent additions/changes to game mechanics clearly seem to have been designed to promote teamwork.  However, individual skirmishes have become more one-sided than ever before as a result.  EX:

- CA with radar vs DD: The best DD can do is to avoid the CA with radar altogether and hope his teammates take care of the problem for him

- CV vs surface ships: With the nerfs to short range AA and buff to plane maneuverability, Individuals can no longer outplay a CV player.  Either you have strong enough AA to melt planes before they even approach your ship or your AA is completely worthless when alone.  On the other hand, the stronger long range AA has made grouping up more effective than ever before.  The net result is that a CV becomes more or less useless when the enemy groups up, yet a lone ship (with a few notable exceptions) is more helpless to a CV attack than before the AA overhaul.

- DD vs BB: With BB rudder shift nerf, flooding damage buff, DD survivability buff, and torpedo buff, a DD has more advantages over a BB than ever before. 

These are not game balance concerns per se.  However, I fear that this type of gameplay adjustments negatively affect player agency - There is no way for Rock to win against Paper so the correct way to play Rock becomes more and more about not getting into a situation where it faces Paper, rather than trying to outplay Paper with a disadvantage.  How do developers feel about lack of player agency - Do they agree that players have become more dependent on their teammates for success as a result of changes that have been implemented?  Do they think this is a valid concern?

I do say, the addition of German Battleships up to the H-42 would be quite fine. The H-43 an H-44 however, have too big guns. H-42 would quite nicely knock the Yamato down a few pegs (H-42 has 18.9" Guns)

Therefore, if the Tirpitz is Tier 8 we can then assume that the H-42 will be Tier 9 and the H-42 will be tier 10.

I would love to see the German Battleship line something like this:

<Tier 7 Class preceding Bismarck> <Tier 8 Bismarck> <Tier 9 H-41> <Tier 10 H-42>

Of course this will be in the far future, but I just wanted to share this. The Great Yamato must be dethroned as the AP Queen.

Got a favorite ship you would love to see in the game?

ARP Takao! well not really just want the ship, even if its just like a camo or somthing.

Really though the Northampton class would be amazing I want it for some reason I just kinda like the ship

The H-43 an H-44 however, have too big guns

Don't lie you want 20 inch guns

Welcome. Thanks for posting and soliciting feedback. I'm sure you'll be overloaded soonT​M if not already. 

My best input would be more clarity and planning coordination on events, premiums, patch announcements and notes. The forum/playerbase typically responds better the more information that's thrown at us up front as opposed to that gray area we seem to get stuck filling in which can insight many of the loose cannons out to stir things up (IE the topic several posters have mentioned above in reference to the lack of clarity on ranked, same issue has occurred before).

I will say I have noticed a push by Wargaming NA lately to make improvements and it has been working. Keep pounding and let me know if I can help.

Pigeon, we could REALLY use some clarification on the whole Season 4 of Ranked and the reward ship that has been announced.  Would you mind checking out Niko's announcement thread and posting some answers?  Or, if you are unready for this, please post something soon, as people are getting very nervous (myself included) about how things are going to work.  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/81923-ranked-battles-season-4-63-718/#topmost

Also, any chance you guys can stop doing Arpeggio collaborations and Ranked seasons at the same time?  I'm about to be out of town for three weeks, and I honestly don't know if I'll have enough time to do both of these events by their end dates, which is seriously getting me down...  I really appreciate both are back - and the rewards for Ranked are great.  But...  why force us to divide our time so much with two major events after three months of no major events?!

Otherwise, WG and WGNA, and especially NikoPower are all doing a wonderful job.  Also, I'd like to thank you for reaching out to the forums and being willing to listen and respond.  I really appreciate how open everyone is - Niko, Boyarsky, Q...  it's really nice to see so many WG employees posting and participating with the community.  Please keep up the great work!!!  

Though I thought the rues and clarifications for Season 4 were pretty sound, [please direct most of your questions on it in that thread, don't want to create multi-thread confusion or start stepping on things CorgiPower has said. 

As per running multi-events over the course of a month, typically this is to give a couple of different levels of players things to strive for. For instance, not every player plays Ranked battles (many players don't like the intense competition) but every player CAN play the Arpeggio missions in Random battles.

I hope this makes sense?

My drum is beating for UI improvements.

Simple things which improve the gameplay interface - like an option to close or remove the chat window when in sniper/zoom mode. 

Option to NOT display the new minimap range numbers when the Alt Interface is on... I want the Alt Interface values but not those range numbers. 

The light, pastel colors used in many places make it almost impossible to read the information. Maybe some color options throughout the UI? 

Font size too :-) another IWBNI things... 

Oh - and one and only one individual who is responsible for ensuring the information coming out of HQ is always there, if at all possible, 24hrs before it hits. Or, at the very least, on the same day it hits. 

OTOH, things have been changing, some good, some meh... keep focusing on improvements as well as enhanced gameplay and mechanics. You'll do well. 

Pigeon welcome and first off let me say thank you for taking this much interest in the community. I came over to World of Warships in Feb of this year from Warframe, which is also a game that the Devs take a very high interest in their community and it has benefited the game immensely. As far as the game itself I don't have much that I myself think needs to be done other than as far as the zoom control, I like something War Thunder has which is clicking the right mouse button to zoom to target then clicking again for normal view, instead of having to scroll my middle mouse button. Now that I think of it there is one thing I would like you to look into and it's kinda the elephant in the middle of the room. It has to do with TKer's and how you handle them. First off and not to go and on but I believe WG is very naive about who TKer's are these are people who don't care about rules and about the consequences of their actions. No matter what WG does they won't care and will continue to do it. As I stated before WG has so gone over the hill that I read a forum post where an entire team was pink, now to me that would set off all kinds of alarms that something is quite wrong with this system. The simple solution would be to eliminate friendly fire but retain the collision physics this would not impact the game for those who play legitimately and for those that don't you have removed their biggest weapon. To be honest I would rather someone troll me by firing at me just to annoy rather than some idiot killing me at the start of a game.  Once again thank you for taking the time, fair winds and full sails.

Though I thought the rues and clarifications for Season 4 were pretty sound, [please direct most of your questions on it in that thread, don't want to create multi-thread confusion or start stepping on things CorgiPower has said. 

As per running multi-events over the course of a month, typically this is to give a couple of different levels of players things to strive for. For instance, not every player plays Ranked battles (many players don't like the intense competition) but every player CAN play the Arpeggio missions in Random battles.

I hope this makes sense?

The rules for season 4 are somewhat confusing regarding the reward ship and how all of that works.  Just check out that thread - TONS of posts with people unsure about exactly how things are going to work.  There has been a history of miscommunication regarding rewards for Ranked Battles, so I was hoping to hear some definitive answers on that.  I'm not asking you to respond to those questions here - multiple threads do indeed cause confusion.  I was hoping you'd be able to look over that thread and weigh in, though I agree I don't want you and Niko tripping over each other.  I apologize if I was trying to get you to say something that he'd disagree with - I am not quite sure where you fit in with the hierarchy.  Perhaps a flow chart modeled after the Byzantine Empire (anyone get the reference? :)) could help!

As for concurrent events, the problem I have is that there were months of little to nothing, so to suddenly have two major events seems like a wasted opportunity.  I would imagine that if each of these events ran on their own, perhaps server population would have a more prolonged increase.  And while I agree that there are some who won't want to play ranked, have you considered a co-op event instead?  As someone who likes completing missions, it's just very difficult and frustrating to know that as soon as I come home, I need to boot up the computer and get the Arpeggio missions done right away.  Next, I have one week or so to complete Ranked.  I know it can be done, but at a significant personal life sacrifice...  I love the game, love the people, and really want to do as much as I can, but...  it will cause some serious burnout!

Either way, I appreciate the response thank you!!!!

Edited by Lord_Zath

Please, please, please add the Russian cruiser Askold!

Aside from the suggestions linked in my sig(kinda relevant to my main one at the moment) - you guys need to simplify carriers for other players. Don't get me wrong, my personal belief is that Carriers need an all out rebalance, and likely AA as well because the current system just does not work. Some players complain of planes getting through on ships I routinely see, and use, to shred incoming aircraft. Unless the other player refuses or does not know how to use strafe, you have to use it to win. Manual torpedo drops wreak havoc because even a half decent user will hit with it. And yeah, DB's with their current HE limitation are meh, and are hurt most by the most recent buff to AA. Right now the things killing the CV population, which hurts any ship based around AA as it's thing, are 

-learning curve partially created by strafing

-AA balance

-"National Flavour"/National Balance

-Tier balance

Trying to make CV play more "engaging" was the wrong idea. Just being more RTS like was the way to go honestly. But here, I think because too many will complain, again, because they don't want to just click, we need a compromise. Keep the strafing but change it to purely a debuff on grouped attack squadrons. The current strafing mechanic is broken, particularly in USN's favor. And it makes it a pain for anyone just starting out when facing anyone that's had practice with it since it was introduced way back when. So you also now throw in having to micro manage your fighters to dodge and use it on the enemy fighters, which really, should not have to be a CV players main focus. It should be attack planes and using it's attack planes to take out ships. Sure if fighters engage it's boring, but you get something you can use strategically against groups and just worry about how to break up that group so they have less accuracy while not getting your aircraft engaged by enemy fighters. As it stands, 1 squadron with 1 alt press wiping out 6 squadrons is a joke. You take this out it goes a long way towards balancing AND makes it so that new players are on a more level field using CV's vs experienced players than it currently is.

You have some crying not enough AA, others crying too much. Me, I see too much AA power even when not on the receiving end. And it's doubly bad when your CV is 2 tiers lower. I've seen 1 tier difference result in 75% of planes sent against a lone BB lost on the way in and out. And that was BEFORE the last buff. And unlike a BB or cruiser that has guns that fire and have armour so that you typically only lose 1, maybe 2 guns if the guy gets a lucky couple shots or RNG hates you, but your still in the fight. CV's are routinely rendered near useless through attrition. They are technically speaking, the only class with a finite ammo supply and it leaves them at a massive disadvantage. If what I read is true that the system works as basically X% chance per second to down a plane, that system needs to be scrapped. It needs to be simplified to guns average x damage, plane group has y combined hp, every x hp 1 plane is shot down. That way maybe it's a little more uniform in that 1 ships AA can inflict damage and losses, regardless of tier, but not wipe out several squadrons on it's own. It's one thing to lose 16 of 20 planes attacking a couple of ships or more grouped up, it's another to take it against a lone target, especially when thats basically me losing 1/3 of the attack planes I have in reserves.

The "National Flavour" of USN and IJN as it's balanced as is does not work. USN lacks viable attack options till late tiers, and even then a slight question mark. IJN lacks the ability to control the air at all, though apparently rectified by high tiers (or by being two tiers higher than the the USN fighters) and with current AA and the fact any captain with, sorry to phrase it this way, no offense to anyone, half a brain, is going to focus on TB's which hurt's IJN in that it's DB's are at best, anemic. The link in my sig that says about reworking aircraft and all has more details on what I think should change in that regard, it's a long wall because I even suggested what the groups shouls look like in regards to how many fighters/TB's/DB's per tier. But the short version - fighters should be able to engage 1v1 in he open ocean with no difference in captain skills, upgrades, etc, and both sides have a 50/50 shot or close to it at winning. And all aircraft setups should have at least one fighter so as to defend the attack aircraft and fleet, not be all or nothing. Again, sig link is more in-depth. 

And tier balance, don't get me wrong, it is way better than the beta weekend days. but it is still a massive issue in regards to CV vs CV (and CV vs AA but I covered that already). It's bad enough when your the lone tier 6 in a tier 8 battle other than the other tier 6 enemy CV, it's 10x worse when you have to also face a +2 CV. It's rare, but it happens. And it never ends well for the tier 6. Save the fact that my fighters on tier 6 USN with all the upgrades, were nearly a match for the Tier 8 IJN ships fighters with whatever he had, no strafing or anything, which I think speaks more to the fact IJN fighters have serious issues though he still won, but usually only one plane was left. Otherwise, usually an easy stomp of enemy planes. Theres still just too much of a power difference between CV tiers for inter tier play to truly be viable, discounting all other issues with CV's. I didn't mind losing to the t8's fighters, that was expected, but because it was close. Had it been Lexington's fighters, I'd have been utterly stomped.

Anyway, thats all for now. Hopefully your presence here will benefit all, at the very least we'll feel like our suggestions are actually being looked at.

I would like to see some clarification on the metrics and information WG uses to determine how balanced things are. Remove some of the speculation etc.

A new German line would be lovely with more German premiums.

Calibrated scopes or the ability to adjust ours. 

Except the German line bit, I am not sure WG can do or will do the rest.