Pigeon_of_War

The Pigeon's Mess

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

500 posts in this topic

Love the chance to voice concerns so i appreciate the open forum.

In short, wow did they really ruin U.S. Ships. I thought we were susceptible to damage before but wow, I am getting 1 and 2 shotted every battle now. Do you have any insight as to why they did this, i mean, short of the Atlanta, I wasn't doing all that well staying alive before, Now, I met as well detonate my own ship and save the trouble.

Oh man....this ship is quite powerful

What build were you running with, Pigeon?

please use American English spellings (not Queen's English). 

And like that, you've lost me.

Plus I'm not so much a technical guy, but if ever you need someone to creatively and humorously write articles, gimme a call

My personal combination of rant and whine, with an itsy, bitsy suggestion thrown in.

My Kami (and her 2 sisters, R and Fujin) are great ships, and do wonderful things, and usually have few, if any, issues when uptiered. However, one of the things they do not do well, and in fact do quite poorly, is defend against aircraft. The AA rating of a Kami is a 2.

As in ... 1 ... 2.

Now, before someone asks; yes, this is without any AA skills or flags. Because even if I could find a skill or flag which would double my AA, it would still only be a 4. Not overly frightening to red planes.

Especially when I have to see tier 9 planes.

Whoa, you say; how does a tier 5 DD ever see tier 9 planes? Matchmaking at tier 5 is only +2.

Unless you are playing against a Saipan, which I do on a regular basis as a tier 5 DD.

And I would like to state, for the record, that my 2 out of 100 rated AA is just incredibly ineffective against tier 9 DB's.

Now, I would NEVER suggest that the Kami sisters get preferential matchmaking,

because, frankly, they are powerful units and the uproar would be horrendous, and justifiably so.

What I AM going to suggest is that SAIPAN get preferential matchmaking,

in that she should only see ships of her own tier, or above, where her planes do not violate WoW policy of +2 matchmaking.

End of rant and whine and itsy, bitsy suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

My ego being puffed

ego-puff.png

I think Turkey_of_War is a better player than you :cap_haloween:

1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

My ego being puffed

ego-puff.png

Wow!!

Devs actually play DDs..

7 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Wow!!

Devs actually play DDs..

He's not playing a DD, he's sealclubbing.

I ran in PoW playing ranked in CV tried to take advantage of my poop deck

Ok since it has been a long weekend at least for you all and happy whatever days to you. I did the PT, not physical training, Public Test. The skinny is this, if command is not smart enough to quit sending duplicate transmissions in the second and third boxes after the missions are completed, I will petition the President of all nations to get some one smarter to run their respective military's. Please refrain from duplicates after the mission is completed. The mission was completed successfully The General, the Commandant, and all other leaders reward the men by not being redundant and giving the maximum liberty after a mission well done. Please for the men's sake captain, give all signals after completion of the task, or is it too much of a challenge to write the code for it to be so? This question I put on you Sub Octo, it seems all of your cohorts are gone from the office for the 4th. This question I then put to you, Developer of the Deck (which I equate to Petty Officer of the deck, but at least then you get a gun with one bullet, but you aint no officer of the deck). Really though Sir Why  the duplicates when you know you could write the code and treat the men like hero's. With true honor and respect for them and their fallen comrades and their respective families. Each one of us gives our all, at up to 20 minutes at a time. truthfully I think more than one of us feels that you could respect our sacrifice (the time we give to you), by not giving us duplicates after the operation has been completed. We just want signals at that point, ya can't feed your family on duplicates.

we need to play together again pigeon you are a lot of fun to play with

On 7/9/2017 at 0:57 AM, dylan88jr said:

we need to play together again pigeon you are a lot of fun to play with

Agreed!!!

Talk about Destroyers, may you guys think about making Detonation rewards per chance it happen? I just happen to get 5 detonations in a 24 hours period (with 4 on the same ships, shame, I could only get 2 pack of these flags)

http://imgur.com/a/PYnLh

On 7/15/2017 at 9:29 AM, leehwongxing said:

Talk about Destroyers, may you guys think about making Detonation rewards per chance it happen? I just happen to get 5 detonations in a 24 hours period (with 4 on the same ships, shame, I could only get 2 pack of these flags)

Man, I don't have many more detonations than that *total* in over 2 years.  What did you do to RNGesus to get him that mad at you?

3 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Man, I don't have many more detonations than that *total* in over 2 years.  What did you do to RNGesus to get him that mad at you?

Maybe I'm too obsessed with playing hid and seek with him, them he caught me 5 times in a row

Btw, I realize Shiratsuyu is a squishy ship, easily explode for some reasons, I think I should take her out everyday for a couple of tagging game with RNGesus or he will be pissed of with me

2 hours ago, leehwongxing said:

Maybe I'm too obsessed with playing hid and seek with him, them he caught me 5 times in a row

Btw, I realize Shiratsuyu is a squishy ship, easily explode for some reasons, I think I should take her out everyday for a couple of tagging game with RNGesus or he will be pissed of with me

As explained in the epic "Detonation thread" Found HERE, you are more likely to get detonated in a DD because their magazines are less amored and more prone to boomings. You're least likely the get detonated in a DEBB due to their heavy armoring of their gun magazines (I don't even run Anti-det flags on my Bismarck). 

Is it possible to add progress to the next container in the "mission summary" area on the post match scorecards?

5 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

As explained in the epic "Detonation thread" Found HERE, you are more likely to get detonated in a DD because their magazines are less amored and more prone to boomings. You're least likely the get detonated in a DEBB due to their heavy armoring of their gun magazines (I don't even run Anti-det flags on my Bismarck). 

Thanks for your explanation, however, I play almost exclusive DDs, and I find Shiratsuyu is a special case of all ships I've been playing, she's easily caught by RNGesus. Well, I will take her out everyday just to farm Detonation singal flags (I'm low on Det flags anyway) and max out the detonation chance I could get.

I suppose this is a good place to ask, rather than start a new thread somewhere, but didn't WG say that they were going to add an option to disable dynamic lighting in the dry dock port?

Now that I have more than a day or two of premium time, I decided to use the dry dock port, but it seems that it has some lag(worse than the port lag you get in other ports) when moving around in it. I think it's kind of odd because I can run the game on high settings with no issues, except for the dry dock port, and I've got a hunch it has to do with the dynamic lighting unique to that port. I've seen some screenshots from the dry dock port where it's daytime, but I'm assuming that's from a mod, likely in Aslains or something.

Am I remembering wrong here, or do I just not see the option? Or has WG not managed to get an option to disable dynamic lighting into the game yet? @Pigeon_of_War Maybe you know if it was ever said that there were plans to add an option to disable dynamic lighting in the dry dock port, and if not, maybe you could send the idea up the chain, so PCs that can't seem to handle it might not melt while in that port?