You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

The Pigeon's Mess

570 comments in this topic

Did a USS Texas just citadel hit you with a spotting shot?

A Kongo go flank speed and outmaneuver and out gun you?

Looking to just banter?

Well, you've come tot he right place! Relax, banter, and please still follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines.....for the most part. 

Wonderful thread :D.

*breathes in*

WHY IS THE MOLOTOV MADE OF CITADELS?!  I EXPECTED BETTER FROM ONE OF STALIN'S GLORIOUS OVERLORD VESSELS!  IT NEEDS TO TANK YAMATOS AND HIT LIKE A NUCLEAR BOMB!

• Cool 1

devastator5000    223

Yay a place to vent/rant/brag about crap that happens in game.

Now i just need something note worthy to happen

Edited by devastator5000

Pigeon_of_War    1,759

When can we expect to see the re-introduction of the Kitakami, and how will it be re-introduced? :hiding:

Soon™, and that's a secret.

devastator5000    223

Soon™, and that's a secret.

Heh the devs are now using that joke, also I'm assuming a ranked reward possibly (like rank 5 to 1)

FallenZulu    468

Plz no Kitikami, I don't want to dodge 15+ friendly torpedoes again(flashbacks to CBT)...

• Cool 1

Pigeon_of_War    1,759

So this looks like a fun place to hang out....how about this Pigeon, any advice on getting back in to Warsheeps after not playing for 6+ months?  Should I just jump back in where I left off at Tier 8 or start grinding a new line to relearn everything?  Should I still bother with Vs. AI?

Help me Pigeon-wan War, you're my only hope!

Personally, so much of the meta has changed I would highly recommended restarting a line as  Cruiser, maybe the German ones, just so you can recognize all the changes that have happened. I would say about 10 battles vs. Ai would be good, but then jump into the fray!

Personator    755

Today I got lolpenned (30-degree angle) by an Iowa at 23km for 55000 damage, so it's not like these numbers come for free...:hiding:

Well I did 35k to a Colo in 3 salvos, with him pointing his bow towards me (1 citadel in one of the salvos) in my Nagato :D Colorado ain't that bad they said!

Pigeon_of_War    1,759

Nice to see ya Pigeon, how have things been?

Pretty well! And how about yourself?

I would like to use this thread to publicly apologise to timmy1234567 in a battle earlier this evening.   I was in a Warspite, you were in a Konigsberg..   we were 2 minutes 16 seconds into the match and your team was spotted..  I launched my Observation plane and saw you at 18.5 Km out.  I fired a ranging salvo (the first shots of the match) and this happened...

shot-16.06.02_23.07.09-0794.jpg

Again my apologies.  :hiding:  and as my division mate said afterwards.. well caught!

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought
  • Cool 1

_hat_    148

Again my apologies.  :hiding:  and as my division mate said afterwards.. well caught!

M

Deletion..I would've been banging my head on the keyboard and laying curses on your family. Rofl

• Cool 1

Inb4 Amagi needs a nerf.:popcorn:

AIPJ5W2.png

Can I have your luck in my Nagato? it would make the grind all the more fun, since I tend to perform rather average in it :P

Pretty well! And how about yourself?

Pretty good. Taking a break from the craziness that is World of Tanks.

Tedster_    2,399

nice to see you over here

*revives alpha skype chat*

Pigeon_of_War    1,759

Pretty good. Taking a break from the craziness that is World of Tanks.

I actually recommend taking a break every so often (maybe a week or two off?) to sometimes recharge your batteries. I mean, I sometimes would rather a player come back renewed than leave forever. 

Tedster_    2,399

I actually recommend taking a break every so often (maybe a week or two off?) to sometimes recharge your batteries. I mean, I sometimes would rather a player come back renewed than leave forever. 

speaking of that, can you go yell at Minsk and whoever thought CW2.0 was a good idea?

EDIT:  Obligatory brag post featuring OP :P

hyKRp1J.jpg

TenguBlade    2,581

Can I have your luck in my Nagato? it would make the grind all the more fun, since I tend to perform rather average in it :P

It came at a very steep price, see below.

Well I did 35k to a Colo in 3 salvos, with him pointing his bow towards me (1 citadel in one of the salvos) in my Nagato :D Colorado ain't that bad they said!

Colorado's bow armor is the weakest of the "Big 7" as people are fond of referring to the current T7s and the prospective ones as.  Not helping is the flat angle of the deck and the low-sitting hull which makes it easy to hit the open parts of the deck for massive damage, hence why angling is the only way you can live in that ship.

And I think you misunderstood how badly I got walloped.  That was 55k across 7 hits from one broadside, while I was angled 30-odd degrees.  I spent the rest of the match hiding behind the carrier.

I thought I left forever...then I came back as General Jason Statham ;P

Xannari    323

speaking of that, can you go yell at Minsk and whoever thought CW2.0 was a good idea?

EDIT:  Obligatory brag post featuring OP :P

hyKRp1J.jpg

You're really kicking the hornet's nest with that one. I'd recommend a flamethrower, but why don't we all just replicate it no ban plz

Nachoo31    316

Can you wash my window after you are done.. jeez. :hiding:

alexf24    1,109

Could you please describe your position a little? It seems from the comments some people know you (maybe from WOT but I don't do WOT).

I have been in WOWS and the Forum since July, when OBT started. I have seen good people come and disappear (e.g. AlsoRobots), and I have seen good people doing good work in the Forum and Community Support (e.g. Niko, Nyx, Quemapueblos, Boyarski), but I am a little confused on what everyone does, and now your post muddles things. I know you are all in NA (California I guess), and have the red telephone line directly to the Dev Team in the old country (<lol>). Can you specify a little. Thanks!