Pigeon_of_War

The Pigeon's Mess

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

485 posts in this topic

I just don't care about all this shiny stuff with the meta all turned upside down.

Edited by Pugilistic

Hey, Pigeon, a thought I'd like to share with you and hope you might pass on to the powers that be.

Yubari lost over 4 K of stealthfire ability with this latest change, and in her particular case, I thought the developers might give her an optional smoke consumable, which would require giving up the defensive AA consumable. Back in the day, Yubari had a smoke module, which was removed when CBT went to OBT if I remember correctly. Yubari also lost a lot of her AA capability in that first nerf.

After this last patch she struggles a bit, and this might go a long way in helping her fulfill her role as a DD hunter and general purpose light cruiser.

Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Here's a bug that's been annoying me for a while, but has been really been obnoxious today:

Instead of loading the game on match start, the game just logs me out.

Normally, it just does it once. Annoying, but fine, I log in again, and I'm in game before it starts.

But today? I'll log in 5-6 times, have a game load, and every time, as soon as the game is loaded and it's ready to drop me in game, it logs me out. 7-8 times in a row on the worst streak.

The hell is this?

Edited by issm

Here's a bug that's been annoying me for a while, but has been really been obnoxious today:

Normally, it just does it once. Annoying, but fine, I log in again, and I'm in game before it starts.

But today? I'll log in 5-6 times, have a game load, and every time, as soon as the game is loaded and it's ready to drop me in game, it logs me out. 7-8 times in a row on the worst streak.

The hell is this?

You know, that's never happened to me or any of the machines around me, but that doesn't mean it's not a concern. Do me a favor and send a Tech Support ticket and my Support team will help you out.

The hell is this?

ditto here. been playing a little over a week, and this has happened 4 times:

1) the 4th or 5th battle played in a row. never happened on the 1st-3rd.

2) typically disconnect twice before entering battle, however yesterday afternoon happened 5 times in a row.

3) uninstalled, turned off both computer and internet, reset and reinstalled for a 'clean' version, no effect.

4) average enter battle 1:30 into it, after multiple DCs, it was 3:30+ into it. (this does not work well in a Kuma)

in addition, there are always multiple freezes in the battle set-up screen:

1) the screen will freeze, including countdown timer, for up to 30 seconds.

2) in most cases, am unable to access the ship comparison feature, simply no response.

3) majority of the time, clicking on 'Battle" results in a freeze, and will enter battle 8 seconds to 21 seconds into it.

4) comments in battle chat would indicate I am not the only player experiencing this.

only 2 battles have I entered the battle before it starts, with an active countdown, and functional battle chat.

have disabled webroot and windows firewall for WoWs. it's not the internet connection, it's direct and blazing fast. win 10 upgraded, zero issues.

please pass this on to the appropriate folks, I have to go to work now. anticipate it will be rectalfied when I play tonite!!  :oD  thanks.

Hey, Pigeon, a thought I'd like to share with you and hope you might pass on to the powers that be.

Yubari lost over 4 K of stealthfire ability with this latest change, and in her particular case, I thought the developers might give her an optional smoke consumable, which would require giving up the defensive AA consumable. Back in the day, Yubari had a smoke module, which was removed when CBT went to OBT if I remember correctly. Yubari also lost a lot of her AA capability in that first nerf.

After this last patch she struggles a bit, and this might go a long way in helping her fulfill her role as a DD hunter and general purpose light cruiser.

Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Erw4OMz.gif

Why doesn't this video have more views?

Lol corgi flag at the end.

Hey Pigeon,

I was wondering how viable making it possible to demount special modules for credits would be, seeing as demounting them for gold is the only possible option at this point. 

I wrote a thread about it here, with all the details.  

Question I have is what gives on the supposed fixes to the rampant Battleship population in game? It's widely acknowledged that the class is in a very dominant position and is the most played. It was announced almost a year ago that potential fixes are being looked at to bring the population and class into order. However, there has been nothing further said or done on the issue. Can you either come out with an official statement on the matter saying it's "working as intended and we have no intention of fixing it", even if it's absolute garbage at least you clearly and officially knowledge that nothing will happen. On the flip-side, has there been any development on the issue, there have been patches but nothing as far as I can tell has openly stated that it was to address this issue?! Nobody knows, even Sub-Octavian moved right past the issue (very skillfully) when Flamu brought it up on his stream and made no comment on it. Some actual closure on this would be nice, rather than the sweep it under the rug and hope nobody notices policy. Sorry if this is a little hostile, I think you guys are making a great game, but this communication breakdown on an issue that is imo very important has really been starting to bug me.

Yeah I have been wondering this too. Honestly I started playing battleships because I can carry better in them. Particularly more agile battleships because with agile ships like say the Alabama and the Warspite, who needs cruisers? BB can do the same thing and better with less vulnerability.

Why doesn't this video have more views?

Because no 1 cares about Mutsu and we're all waiting on USS ENTERPRISE

Now gib pls :trollface:

One day...

One day...

unless she gets stuck in balancing hell

Tier XX - USS Enterprise :D

3131092-5878285473-StarT.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I brought this up in another topic http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125338-free-look-zooming-would-you-like-to-see-this-happen/page__view__findpost__p__3028996__fromsearch__1 and Niko thought it was a good Idea. I was wondering how easy or hard, it would be to implement from a Developer's stand point. Basically I was wondering if you can make it possible to zoom while free looking thus keeping your guns trained where you want them. I know this can be accomplished by hitting CTRL X, however I then have to take my fingers off of the wasd keys. My zoom is programed to a button on my mouse, how easy it would be for me to just hold right mouse button and click the zoom while keeping my guns trained where I want and still maintain ship control and doing so without forgetting to hit X again and firing my guns wildly at who knows where.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

I brought this up in another topic http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125338-free-look-zooming-would-you-like-to-see-this-happen/page__view__findpost__p__3028996__fromsearch__1 and Niko thought it was a good Idea. I was wondering how easy or hard, it would be to implement from a Developer's stand point. Basically I was wondering if you can make it possible to zoom while free looking thus keeping your guns trained where you want them. I know this can be accomplished by hitting CTRL X, however I then have to take my fingers off of the wasd keys. My zoom is programed to a button on my mouse, how easy it would be for me to just hold right mouse button and click the zoom while keeping my guns trained where I want and still maintain ship control and doing so without forgetting to hit X again and firing my guns wildly at who knows where.

I like that idea as well. It would be very handy and cut down on the time and concentration to look back/zoom.

Is there a reason that the option in game to "ignore text from player A" does not also block chat messages from that player in matches?

There has been a lot people spamming chat in matches lately and there is no way to block those messages.

Thanks!

Edited by karmajay

Pigeon, I just found out that the Asia server is getting HSF collaboration event soon ( https://thedailybounce.net/2017/04/10/world-of-warships-high-school-fleet-coming-soon/ ) and I have 2 questions on this.

1. When are we going to get the event?

2. Will there be missions for it or will it be premium shop only (i hope not or i will be vary disappointed that WoWs went like Blitz with Valkyria cronicles)? 

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi

Is there a reason that the option in game to "ignore text from player A" does not also block chat messages from that player in matches?

There has been a lot people spamming chat in matches lately and there is no way to block those messages.

Thanks!

+1 to this

Does not happen often, but by golly when it does it is truly fun destroying.

Playing some Texas today because it was a part of the D-Day landings on this day. I feel I served it's honor well.

z3KxS9n.png

Played the new scenario / PvE game, and I have an issue: Was in my second match in the PvE scenario and thought I would get a leg up and position myself in a place where I could spot the enemy right after they spawned and illuminate them for fire. So I'm way north and the enemy team spawns and they have a carrier, WHICH IMMEDIATELY LAUNCHES 2 TORP SQUADRONS AND 2 DBB SQUARDONS AGAINST ME DESPITE THE FACT I WASN'T SPOTTED AT THE TIME.

How did the AI know where I was?

I was sincerely looking forward to the PvE addition to this game, hoping it would make it more exciting and interesting.

And I still think it has that potential.

But not if you program the AI with built in cheats like knowing where enemy ships are even when they are not spotted.

It's your game, rig it any way you want I guess; this was just such a disappointment.

Here is a general observation on my part, I have been downloading this massive update since 06:00am est this morning, now it is 17:42pm est, still no game to play still downloading. As being a premium player for about 6 months now I am very upset, this whole day I have lost to this stupid large download that started out on my computer at 16.8 gb, once it crashed I restarted now it says 6.85gb, once that crashed started again now says 11,25gb and it is not even at 40 percent yet, what gives WG, if you don't want my business as a premium player let me know, I have had the tech from Spectrum log on to modem as he says this update is to massive for a 30mbps internet speed to handle. If this does finish sometime tonight or tomorrow I will think about my premium account really hard, is it worth it, right NOW it is not.

Yeah, it's a pretty big update. Trust me we are aware, but to compensate for this we are giving everyone a day of Premium for playing the game over the week after the patch:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/Update-066/ 

Hope that helps!

Linky no worky, Pigeon. :)  (The dreaded Error 404)

Fixed! ~Pigeon_of_War