Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gabriel_LXIX

Please sell Sims before Ranked battles end

34 comments in this topic

Members
2,518 posts

We all know Ranked Battles are an elaborate long con to sell premiums

The logical extension is to sell the Sims in time for ranked.

Gib Sims take money

t.  DD skreb

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,812 posts
26,841 battles

There are much better options for tin cans in ranked though. Not saying you shouldn't want to get Sims, just that she's not a matchwinning ship. She has - ... flaws.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Unless they buff her, there are much better options.

[NH]
Members
199 posts
8,572 battles

What do you think is the best carry ship for ranked? I'm leaning towards Nagato and the Polish DD of doom

[-VT-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
21,069 battles

I'm expecting to see a lot of the Polish DD and the Kiev.

Members
853 posts

What do you think is the best carry ship for ranked? I'm leaning towards Nagato and the Polish DD of doom

A submarine

Theres no best, just a whats best for you. And thats something you must figure out on your own.

Edit: but yeah blyskawica is helpful.

Edited by Jmthebigman

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Sims is the best cap ship for this season. She has one gun less than Mahan but the same firepower as Blys (double ROF), the better traverse, second lowest detection of all the tier 7 DDs, her short range torps are very competitive on a cap, and most importantly, she has tier 5 IJN DD maneuverability.

Sims for cap, Blys for DD hunting, Mahan for utility.

Kiev and Hatsu are going to force their players to work very, very hard.

• Cool 1

Members
853 posts

Sims is the best cap ship for this season. She has one gun less than Mahan but the same firepower as Blys (double ROF), the better traverse, second lowest detection of all the tier 7 DDs, her short range torps are very competitive on a cap, and most importantly, she has tier 5 IJN DD maneuverability.

Blys can also harass BBs big time from behind setting them ablaze.

Members
4,886 posts

this; as soon as i heard that the ranked will be at t7 i realized that it's to sell premiums - blysk, indy, sims

thankfully i already got blysk long ago so they can't fool me to buy anything

[SALVO]
Members
28,129 posts
42,466 battles

Pretty sure the 12 month Moratorium isn't over until July anyway

Then make a copy of it, tweak it a little, and give it the name of one of the other Sims-class DD's.  There were 12 DD's in her class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sims-class_destroyer

Edited by Crucis

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,810 battles

There are much better options for tin cans in ranked though. Not saying you shouldn't want to get Sims, just that she's not a matchwinning ship. She has - ... flaws.

What? She is the best Tier 7 DD in the game, with the Blyskawica a close second. I got to Rank 1 in Season 2 driving the Sims.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,810 battles

sims is likely the best t7 cap contester because she has benson's guns

Exactly, 4 second reload vs 3.3 second reload and the guns traverse twice as fast on the Sims.

Extra concealment and a 60m tighter turning circle don't hurt either.

[SALVO]
Members
28,129 posts
42,466 battles

sims is likely the best t7 cap contester because she has benson's guns

Exactly, 4 second reload vs 3.3 second reload and the guns traverse twice as fast on the Sims.

Extra concealment and a 60m tighter turning circle don't hurt either.

And it has the side benefit that as a premium, someone could move a great captain from another ship into the Sims without having to pay doubloons for retraining.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Gib Sims take money

t.  DD skreb

Another way to look at it is that a lot of players don't have T8 ships, but would like to advance past Rank 10.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

You, good sir, are a master of understatement. It's like saying the U.S. Government has racked up a "significant" amount of debt....

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,550 battles

Sims is a baby Benson, we don't want this season dominated by a DD like last season.  Last season I got to 5 in Sims without CE, but couldn't get further with all the Bensons up there fighting to rank out.

Why would you want a Sims? It has horrible shell arcs, long range torps are slow and don't hit very hard,  and 7.3 concealement doesn't always get you close enough to other DDs to pummel them with your ROF.

Members
4,886 posts

flaws of sims it's weak torpedoes, with poor torpedoes and fast shooting guns with poor arcs sims is mostly good in the domination mode for cap contesting

ranked is played in the domination mode only, so... sims performs in ranked much better than in normal

statistically by winrate in the previous ranked season sims performed better than fubuki, mahan and hatsuharu and on par with tashkent

Sims is a baby Benson, we don't want this season dominated by a DD like last season.  Last season I got to 5 in Sims without CE, but couldn't get further with all the Bensons up there fighting to rank out.

Why would you want a Sims? It has horrible shell arcs, long range torps are slow and don't hit very hard,  and 7.3 concealement doesn't always get you close enough to other DDs to pummel them with your ROF.

comparing to mahan it's much faster with much better shooting guns and much stealthier

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Gib Sims take money

t.  DD skreb

*chucks wallet at screen*

Sims NOAW!

*Nods*

What he said

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Speaking as someone who bought the three pack, I feel the exclusivity expired in April (whenever the exact anniversary of "pay to CBT" was).

I like the ship and want other people to enjoy it too. I'm also not jealously attached to my imperator or gremy, tho I suppose I understand why WG doesn't want to sell them again. Shame they didn't plan those two out properly.

Sign in to follow this