CPT_Vermicelli

STRS Podcast - Long break #double down EP: 28 Ranked........sigh......

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

42 posts in this topic

Greetings fellow Captains from the STRS Podcast crew

Instead of spamming lots of threads, we decided to try and consolidate into one and just update it. we don't want any community input or suggestions to get lost. We will edit the main part of this post with current episodes, thoughts, suggestions for upcoming shows. So far we have a couple topics in the queue and the right people lined up to talk with us. If you want to participate in any way, simply contact us on the website or in game. We want this show to belong to all. The less we talk and the more the people talk, the better.

​Latest News - Now live casting, videos available on YouTube and streaming on twitch

Sundays 10CST

Where to find us:

http://www.shoottheredships.com/ - home base

https://soundcloud.com/shoottheredships - main podcast hosting

iTunes - because why wouldn't you

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6UDdg-8Yk1KNXLpIFWtjQ - Make sure you check out Whiskey11's video contributions.

https://www.twitch.tv/shoottheredships - we will use this for some special shows and events for some live interaction as opportunities present themselves
Episode List

​Episode 33 - Pigeon of War reloaded

Episode 32 - The Great Zampini (Zampy) on his long lances, ghosting, patch notes

Episode 31 - GeneralDort goes around the ranks in 80 days

Episode 30 - Porte-Avions and patch 6.3

Episode 29 -​ Desalination

Episode 28 - Ranked........sigh......

Episode 27 - ​CV talk, RPF a thing, Meta Game

Episode 26 - Pigeon of War Macross Ed: Get Gud!

Episode 25 - Wows Wiki Whaaa, Whiskey's Camo lesson

****Episode 24 - Trevzor_WGA - USS Alabama, 2016, 2017, Clans

Episode 23 - Generaldort: Boats in Different Area Codes

****Episode 22 ​- Whiskey schools us on US BB Standards, USS Alabama, Patch Notes and more ​FIRST LIVE CAST

​Episode 21 ​- IJN DDs and British Cruisers get some attention

Episode 20 - The Salt Mine

​Episode 19 ​- Rumors, Hydro, Patch, Community

Episode 18 - Clan Beta and Victor on Speed Dial

Episode 17​ - Pepsi with your Scotched Eggs

Episode 16.5 - Skraeling drives by for some stress relief

Episode 16 - Metaball

Episode 15 - Warships ate my homework

**Episode 14 - Quemapuablos's State of the Union_Clan warfare and more

**Episode 13 - The Chieftain and handler, Quemapuablos

Episode 12 - Zampy and Destroyer_Taylor take on Shimi vs Gearing

​Episode 11 - Ranked Hangover and hair of the 5.9

Episode 10 - Supremacy League Wrap Up and more

Episode 9 - All things CVs with Seanxiezhou and Carrier_ZuikakuKai

Episode 8 - AutismSpeaks and Zampy join us for the thoughts on the Upcoming Ranked season

Episode 7 - IJN DD Seppuku: Patch 5.6

Episode 6 - Clan round table: Leaders from across world of Warships and gaming communties

Episode 5 - iEarl Grey: From inside the mind of a Euro Streamer

**Episode 4 - Supertester Interview: Must listen, great stuff about how you get what you want in game from Quemapuablos (WG Lead Producer) and the Supertester crew

Episode 3 - Mr Iowa Roboto: Botting

Episode 2 - 5.5 Fingers of death: Patch 5.5

**Interview 1 - Vas 79 and Sterling Archer: The fine gentleman from the Supremacy League. They just got the nod from WG, great support, make sure you check out the upcoming season 3.

Episode 1 - The Saipan Menace: Opening Day

Edited by CPT_Vermicelli

AutismSpeaks and Zampy were kind enough to stop by and talk Ranked Battle Meta and more, despite wedding anniversaries. Check it out.

I love listening to these.  Glad it got pin'd, and keep up the good work. 

I listened to episode 8 today. Excellent job and good guests. I especially like how you guys take a bit of time to go beyond the obvious. When I listen to podcasts I'm not in a hurry. Make em 10 hours long for all I care as long as they're interesting and delve into the subject a bit.

I would just warn against regurgitating everything written on the forums and actually think and develop an opinion or insight on the subject. Not that you guys were.. Just saying.

Thanks for the feedback folks, if there are topics you specifically want to hear, just let us know.

The most recent episode is a must for any CV player, new or experienced. Talked with a couple of the best around.

Omg, finally! A WoWs podcast. I've been waiting for someone to do this. Thanks! I'll subscribe to you guys in iTunes. 

Just a suggestion, the audio quality feels like it could be much better. For one, a much higher master volume would be nice. When in my car, I have to have everything cranked to max and can still barely hear it, especially if I want to crack the window. Professional podcasts are much louder. Maybe set the volume so if you're streaming over your phone to a radio and switch to a radio station, the volume is roughly equal.

I'm using Bluetooth and I know that wireless things, especially FM transmitters can expect some signal loss but yeah, pro podcasts are much louder.

That brings me to another point which is the overall quality of the audio. It's pretty obvious you guys are using teamspeak or something to do your interviews. Now I know that you can't fly people around to do it in person but there are still some things that could be done.

For starters, explore other options like conference phone calls or maybe skype has better quality.

Teamspeak and some other programs/mics make things very quiet until someone raises their voice in excitement or to strengthen a point and then it's really really loud! Also things like blowing in the mic come out much louder than the speech itself.Use of push-to-talk might help and heavy editing to get out the "PUHs" and stuff would result in a better sound too.

One last suggestion, speak much slower than you normally would.

Us listeners aren't listening nearly as actively as we would be if we were actually in conversation with you. So if something distracts us for a split second and you got off a whole sentence in that time, we're lost. Speaking slower also helps to speak clearer, gives you time to formulate your sentence more carefully, and also is just more pleasant on the ears IMO

In spite of my criticism I really think this is a great podcast and I'm anticipating the next one to land on my phone. Thanks for the show :)

@R1CK all good points and will keep working to get the guests on some other, more favorable recording platforms. We will see what we can do over the next few episodes to rectify some of those things.

@Zarny, sorry I was in the middle of a big move and some disputes with landlords, threw us off about 10 days, We are putting out another pod tomorrow night, should be published then as well. Thanks for the patience folks and keep the feedback coming.

tell the landlord there is an angry mob of hungry players on your side, that will  sort him out!

Ok folks, we are back and the latest is published. Below are some for the questions we referred to in the Pod that we asked Wargaming that they were unable to answer. Check out the show for the others that were, and were of interest. Thanks for waiting. This week we also had the esteemed Supremacy League folks back on to talk end of season and upcoming tourneys.

Partial Questions to WG NA

Income breakdown:

-What is the total income breakdown by: preferably by region if possible

**premium are ships available for money or doubloons, not ARP/Kamikaze R flavors

Premium ships alone (without packages):

Doubloon purchases:

Premium time purchases:

Flags:

All types of packages (bundles):

- How many of each has been purchased: Preferably by region if possible

Premium ships alone (without packages):

Doubloon purchases:

Premium time purchases:

Flags:

All types of packages (bundles):

- How many people have spent real money?

- Of the people who have spent real money, what is the average spent?

- Of the people who have spent real money, what percent has done so more than once?

- How many items/packages/ships have been given as gifts?

- What is the average number of Premium ships per players who own them?

- What is the average number of premium Ships per all players?

Late to the game and podcast but enjoying them so far, thanks for the hard work!

Finally we talk high tier DDs and get past ranked battles

OMG, they said my name!  They said my name!   I'm famous! :B

(If you are wondering, my gamer tag is actually Whiskey11 but it was taken in WoWs).

Enjoying the podcast guys, and keep up the good work! What would be cool is an interview with one of the CC like chase or LWM. that would be interesting.

@Shermantanker, if you have a preference, let us know and we will reach out to some folks. We have Quemapuablos coming on next week but we can get something in for the next one.

Ok folks, latest Podcast is up, Q talks some clan warfare timelines and a whole lot more, make sure and check it out. Looks like we might get some stuff this year.

I think I already mentioned it but the podcast is much much too quiet. It doesn't matter what vehicle I'm in and it doesn't matter if I used Bluetooth or an analog cable, the stereo is cranked and it's barely audible with the windows closed.

Ok R1ck, tried something a little different, let me know if that works. Also can you send me your exact set up so I can try and replicate it and play with it? Appreciate all the feedback

Since I left negative feedback last time I should probably let you guys know that the last episode was much better. Keep em coming!