Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

[TF-WC]
Members
19 posts
15,610 battles

Why is it, the offending ship (the one that collides) doesn't get more deductions? Time and again, someone running their ship either asleep or in "bino view" runs into me even when I'm sailing a straight course and I end up with the larger fines. It's a rule of the seas that a smaller ship gives way to the larger as maneuverability is in the smaller ship's favor- easier to turn, easier to stop, etcetera. If the ally steams into and in front of me while engaged, I'm getting the warning for firing on "friendly" when I don't have any immediate clue someone has turned into me or directly in front of my fire until I hear them grinding against my hull. Perhaps this is too difficult to program-I don't know a thing about programming or much about computers for that matter. The bottom line for me is I'm getting fined for someone else's mistakes.

Edited by AlaskanPredator
  • Cool 1

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

What you receive is not what they pay.  You do not know what their fine is (unless you ask them, and they tell you).  WG has chosen to make collisions the fault of both ships involved, both because it is easier to program, and to encourage situational awareness on the part of Captains.  This is a good thing.  It encourages you to avoid your more clumsy teammates rather than just letting them run into you.  In truth, it does not really matter as the sums involved are tiny compared to what you earn playing reasonably well.  Just try to avoid collisions, and when they happen, shrug it off.  There are way more important things, both in the game, and in life in general!:)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

This question again. You should have done a forum search for one of the others that have come up over the last few days. The system does not assign blame and both players are fines and each receives 1/2 of the credit fine that the other player pays or the repair cost of that damage if the fine doesn't cover it.

Members
105 posts
13,102 battles

Don't think of them as bad drivers for ramming you, think of them as added torp protection :)

Sign in to follow this