You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Arpeggio or Ranked Battles???

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,870 posts
20,649 battles

Since joining WoWs the last week in Feb neither of these contests have been available. Now here in June we have both. So I'm seeking advice from those community members that have played both at one time or another. There will of course be those super players that will do both and do well at both but what about the vast majority of us average players that struggle(some more so than others) to finish missions like the one this last May.

We'll have to wait for more details about rewards for reaching ranks or accomplishing missions before deciding which to play but in general what do you think would be the most profitable game to play for the average player to concentrate on.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,716 posts
26,569 battles

I'm going to do both, but nobody here can really choose for you if you can only do one. Which are you more interested in? The Arpeggio missions though are very likely only going to be a one-time thing, but there will be more seasons of ranked.

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

Profitable? I'd say ranked. Last season, I calculated if you reached ranked 1, players received roughly --> 200+ camo, 1000+ signal flags, 13 million credits and the coveted Jolly Roger flag. Ranked is a different beast mind you, it is heavily focused on team play. Arpeggio is just missions where you get some ugly neon painted ship.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,123 battles

Lert nailed it. Personally I would give ranked a try but if you only have time for one do the missions. Ranked has had goals to get to a mid level rank and it give you a commemorative flag, so if you set your goals on getting that and then doing the missions you can say you participated in both. Getting Rank 1 is prestigious but difficult.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Profitable? Ranked. You get a ton of rewards for ranking out, some of them exclusive to Ranked mode (Ranked camo, jolly roger flag). If you Rank out using premium ships, you also gain a shipton of credits; in Season 2 my bank went from less than a million to over 40 million credits because I mostly used Tirpitz and Atago, plus the credit rewards for hitting certain ranks.

That said, Lert is right. It's up to your interest. ARP is not likely to return, whereas there will be more ranked seasons, though the prize ship may change.

Members
1,870 posts
20,649 battles

I'm going to do both, but nobody here can really choose for you if you can only do one. Which are you more interested in? The Arpeggio missions though are very likely only going to be a one-time thing, but there will be more seasons of ranked.

Oh I'd never let someone else choose for me. For one thing it just sets up the situation of blaming others for my mistakes. It never hurts though to ask advice from more experienced players that I'll consider as well as the details of the contests as they start.

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,626 battles

Add to that the Motherland events in WoT Console and I'm already deciding this won't be the season I go for Rank 1. Flag at 15 and call it good, says I. Depends what ARP ships there are too, I really don't need a gaggle of Kongo sisters I already don't play much. 

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

while on subject of ranked battles, anyone have any suggestions for what's the best tier 10 for ranked?:unsure: I'm closest to the Montana and the Gearing right now....

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles

What I want to know and see is whether WG will correct the mistake that they made during the last Arpeggio event when any results from Ranked Battles didn't count towards the Arpeggio event.  That was soooooo damned annoying.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,123 battles

What I want to know and see is whether WG will correct the mistake that they made during the last Arpeggio event when any results from Ranked Battles didn't count towards the Arpeggio event.  That was soooooo damned annoying.

IIRC the mission said it had to be done in Random Battles which is its own mode. It wasn't an actual mistake, just a bad call on whether or not they should have allowed ranked stats to apply.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Depends what ARP ships there are too, I really don't need a gaggle of Kongo sisters I already don't play much. 

It's going to be a Kongo sister and/or Myoko sister. Niko mentioned we'll be getting what the other servers got, and they got Hiei, Kirishima, Haruna, and Haguro.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,134 battles

I don't recall right now as it's been too long, but do the fire damage and related stats accumulated in Ranked battles count towards the simultaneous ARP event?  

I thought the stats for Ranked last time around carried over into daily missions and other mini-events, but I could be mistaken.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles

IIRC the mission said it had to be done in Random Battles which is its own mode. It wasn't an actual mistake, just a bad call on whether or not they should have allowed ranked stats to apply.

I didn't mean that it was a mistake in that way.  I meant that it was a mistake to make players have to choose between playing Ranked Battles OR play the ARP event.  A design mistake.

[RLGN]
Members
19,139 posts
35,179 battles

I simply MUST have my Haru-Haru, so I'm sure I'll do both.

Caveat though is that I'll fight just enough to get the flag and then call it quits. I have little faith in my ability to excel at higher tiers, (getting 16pt  Hiei will be difficult enough...) and even less faith in the ability of other players to cooperate enough to be effective against the seal-clubbing puppy-kickers that will be populating the higher tiered games.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles

Depends what ARP ships there are too, I really don't need a gaggle of Kongo sisters I already don't play much. 

It's going to be a Kongo sister and/or Myoko sister. Niko mentioned we'll be getting what the other servers got, and they got Hiei, Kirishima, Haruna, and Haguro.

While I love playing these events and the related missions (and ignoring the fact that I'm not fond of this cartoony ... stuff ... in the game), it kind of reduces the interest in the event for me a bit if the reward ships to be had are just reskinned copies of the previous ARP ships, Kongo and Myoko.  Mind you, I'm not familiar with what ships/classes exist within ARP, but it'd been nice to have reward ships of classes other than Kongo and Myoko. 

Oh well.