You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bl4ckBaron

Non-P2W flag packs that should be permanently available

16 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
578 posts
6,132 battles

Hello all,

I think WG should have permanently available the following pack of flags (non-P2W) so people with little time to play can make the most of it:

Papa Papa - +300% free XP

Zulu Hotel - +50% Commander XP

Zulu - +20% credits

Equal Speed Charlie London - +50% XP

India Bravo Terrathree - -10% repair credits

The packs should be available in amounts from 50 each flag to 250 each flag, with price adjusted accordingly including savings when buying in bulk.

These flags do not influence the performance in-game and really help people with little time to boost their earnings.

Thank you and best regards.

Edited by Bl4ckBaron
  • Cool 6

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

I'm surprised their not. Really no different from premium time just a nice added boost to get through ships you don't enjoy.

Edited by Mainerd

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I agree. Never bought flags, doubt I ever will, but this seems like a no-brainer source of income for the game, from those who are interested in doing so.

WG Marketing Team, are you listening? Do this. And also let us give you money for Mikasa. And other things. Stop acting like you don't want our money and we'll gladly give it to you.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

I've got a bunch of them I've won through rewards but I haven't used them yet. I was going to wait until I get better at the game and then use them on my Ishizuchi and rack up some coin.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

I thought those were always available.

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

I wasn't aware there were ANY pay-to-win flags/signals...

There are some, such as the 5% speed boost, that give an in game tactical advantage. The OP is suggesting that selling those would be "pay to win" as it would grant in in game advantage for cash.

The others simply make life easier, extra credits, less repairs, extra XP. That kind of thing.

I honestly thought those were always on sale or I'd have bought more Zulu Hotel flags when they were availible. I'm actually rather pissed at myself now for not doing so.

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

+1 to this.

Even if they made permanent the flag packs that were just available at least it would be something. If I had thought that they were going away, I would have restocked yesterday.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

There are some, such as the 5% speed boost, that give an in game tactical advantage. The OP is suggesting that selling those would be "pay to win" as it would grant in in game advantage for cash.

The others simply make life easier, extra credits, less repairs, extra XP. That kind of thing.

I honestly thought those were always on sale or I'd have bought more Zulu Hotel flags when they were availible. I'm actually rather pissed at myself now for not doing so.

Whenever this comes up, I've found that people often get weird about the semantics of 'P2W' unless the paid advantage literally translates to a guaranteed win.

'P4A' (pay-for-advantage) would be a more accurate description.  While many will argue that a few 5% boosts here and there in no way guarantee a win, they would still represent an undeniable advantage over any player who has an equally difficult time earning them the usual way.

I do agree that every flag mentioned in the OP should always be for sale.

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

Whenever this comes up, I've found that people often get weird about the semantics of 'P2W' unless the paid advantage literally translates to a guaranteed win.

'P4A' (pay-for-advantage) would be a more accurate description.  While many will argue that a few 5% boosts here and there in no way guarantee a win, they would still represent an undeniable advantage over any player who has an equally difficult time earning them the usual way.

I do agree that every flag mentioned in the OP should always be for sale.

I agree on both counts. P4A  is a better term than P2W. And yes, those flags that the OP mentioned should always be on sale.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Packs for these were available for sale the whole month of May (the sale had an expiration date so you needed to act). I bought some, esp. Zulu Hotel and Zulu.

I would like packs with Sierra Mike (at an affordable price), which is a flag that is not easy to get otherwise.

Edited by alexf24

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

Packs for these were available for sale the whole month of May (the sale had an expiration date so you needed to act). I bought some, esp. Zulu Hotel and Zulu.

I would like packs with Sierra Mike (at an affordable price), which is a flag that is not easy to get otherwise.

Yeah, I picked up some Zulu Hotel flags. Problem was that I just thought the discounted price was going away, not the flags themselves. 

Had I known that I'd have spent the money I dropped on Blyskawica on more flags and gotten the Blys later.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

There aren't.  Some of those supposedly P2W flags are available in the starter bundles.

Members
373 posts
5,398 battles

I've got a bunch of them I've won through rewards but I haven't used them yet. I was going to wait until I get better at the game and then use them on my Ishizuchi and rack up some coin.

Nice to see you here from WoT, fine sir :honoring:

Ishizuchi is a much better ship now with the buffs.  It's definitely a good ship to learn on.  Oh and hint: Use HE with it :B (32 % base fire chance from each shell of a 10-gun broadside with 25s reload).

Concerning the signals, I thought they had put the XP/credit boosts on sale permanently.  Good thing I stocked up while I did.  Those were really good deals at reasonable prices for a useful product (what a concept, WG!)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,233 battles

I don't buy signals. But I don't mind having these XP and credit bonus ones for sale. They don't enhance the players' ability in game.

Actually, I like people using these. They will advance up the tiers quicker than they should and will make high tier games more enjoyable. If you know what I mean.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

I don't buy signals. But I don't mind having these XP and credit bonus ones for sale. They don't enhance the players' ability in game.

Actually, I like people using these. They will advance up the tiers quicker than they should and will make high tier games more enjoyable. If you know what I mean.

Agree with your comment. These are fine. I did (and do) buy a bunch. Helping people make more credits (Zulu) or train commanders (Zulu Hotel), or reduce maintenance costs, etc. is not P2W. You still ahve to sails smartly and aim true, no matter what. These are wise choices for the dedicated captain, as credits are always a bottleneck for upgrades, commander training is slow in the higher levels, and maintenance costs become an issue at T8+