Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Cain

Possibility of temporary immunity

13 comments in this topic

[RWBY]
Beta Testers
63 posts
8,125 battles

So I start my match in my Aoba but it takes me quite a while to log in.  However I seem to have been in a bad spot because when I finally logged in, I was dead and my ship was disappearing beneath the waters.  Of court I got pissed at such bullcrap but wonder what could be done to prevent this.  would it be possible for your ship to be immune to damage while you are not logged in?  that way, your ship stays at full health when you are trying to log in.  Of course  I wouldn't want that immunity to stay so have it expire maybe after 5 minutes or 3 minutes or so then your ship is up for grabs.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Well of course it's not enough that your team is a man short, you don't want to get shot either?

Anything else we can do for you?

• Cool 1

[RWBY]
Beta Testers
63 posts
8,125 battles

I'm fine with getting shot at.  I just prefer to be logged in TO get shot at and not to finally log in to a dead ship.

Edited by WarmasterCain55

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

I'm fine with getting shot at.  I just prefer to be logged in TO get shot at and not to finally log in to a dead ship.

​What is your CPU and your HD/SSD?

And operating system?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
812 posts
7,455 battles

this could be a side affect they listed when they  posted about work on the sever

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

this could be a side affect they listed when they  posted about work on the sever

​Good call, it didn't seem to affect me, but it did to some.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles

And so someone puts a software network switch between themselves and their router. Then they get to flip a switch for invulnerability whenever they please, as often as the server allows it to work before it starts assuming the intermittent disconnects are abusive rather than convenient timing?

Sooo much abuse potential, and very easy in terms of required knowledge.

[RWBY]
Beta Testers
63 posts
8,125 battles

I would think there would be a hard limit to when you'll get it.  For example, it can't be applied after you logged in and after maybe 3 minutes of battle time.

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Probably more of a problem with a map if the spawn can be targeted that quickly... North spawn of big race is the biggest trigger I have ever encounted.

Members
71 posts
70 battles

Well if we're just gonna throw some ideas out here, allow me to take a spot at the home plate and swing...

...I think perhaps a temporary immunity for the first 10-20 seconds after battle start would be a better option. Help prevent the ADHD "bored" people from shooting allies in the lead up to a confrontation, and will aid our fellow captains during situations like this...

The only thing I see wrong with this is it will make "miracle shots" from opposite map sides impossible.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Well of course it's not enough that your team is a man short, you don't want to get shot either?

Anything else we can do for you?

Well, you could give an immunity "bubble" of 10km or so, that would protect the other players and offset the fact that they are a ship short......:D

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

And so someone puts a software network switch between themselves and their router. Then they get to flip a switch for invulnerability whenever they please, as often as the server allows it to work before it starts assuming the intermittent disconnects are abusive rather than convenient timing?

Sooo much abuse potential, and very easy in terms of required knowledge.

​I knew a guy in Age of Conan that would do that.  Start combat with him, he moves backwards and flips router disappears waits a few, then turns it on and materializes 200 feet back.   Starts attacking again till you reach him then he moves back and flips router again.  Another guildie explained it after we had a long talk figuring it out.   Suckers blamed Funcom for it.

Pretty sad how low pvp'ers will go.

Sign in to follow this