You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bridder01

Thanks Wargaming for putting more ships in the Premium Shop :)

37 comments in this topic

[SWAG]
Members
168 posts
16,047 battles

Hi all, I just wanted to say thank you to Wargaming for adding some new (well, old actually lol) ships in the Premium Shop.  I won't debate the pros and cons of each ship.  I'm just glad they're there lol.  I came to the game after it had been released and some of the early prem ships I never got to go after, like the Tier II Diana, the Tier III Campbeltown (I'm always up for Royal Navy ships! :) ), and the Tier VIII Tirpitz.  I probably won't get the Tirpitz simply because at the present time I can't afford it, but now that the Warspite is available, I'm definitely getting it this weekend. :)  For me, it's not about stats or what a particular ship can/can't do, the fact that they're here is enough for me! :)  Now if we can get Wargaming to bring Arkansas to the prem shop, I'll be happy :)  (Again, don't care about Arkansas' strengths or weaknesses, I just want to have both battleships of the Wyoming-class.  That's why I got Texas, so I could have both New York-class ships).  Call me what you will (and who hasn't lol), I just love seeing more ships available :)

Cheers and smooth sailing,

Brian :)

Edited by bridder01
  • Cool 5

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

may get Warspite. More likely to get Kutuzov or Atago though. 

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

I wholeheartedly agree!  Great job WG!  You completely emptied my wallet in just a few short weeks!:trollface: So many shiny, new, must have ships (Texas, Tirpitz, Warspite, Campbeltown, Indianapolis, Emden, Marblehead, Mikhail Kutuzov, Blyskawica, Diana, Saipan).  Sadly I cannot get them all right now. :(  However, I am giving it my best college try!:teethhappy::hiding:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,771 battles

forget these current ships! I want my blasted Prinz Uegene and Tone already!!!!!:look:

• Cool 2

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

It's pretty easy to spot the people who really thought they needed a Tirpitz.

Just sayin'....

"I can't be bothered getting to tier 8 normally, what is a broadside"

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Tirpitz, Atago, Molotov and Kutuzov are well worth their weight in doubloons. As for the rest, YMMV.

Warspite isn't nearly as good as britanniaboos make her out to be (get it? it's like weeaboo but for Britain? no? ok...). 

[SWAG]
Members
168 posts
16,047 battles

I'd love to get Warspite because I am an huge admirer of the Queen Elizabeth-class of battleships.  Tier VI is about as high as I can afford.  From Tier VII up is a little pricey for me.  If Tirpitz is ever sold at a discount, then I'll try to get her.  In a ideal world, I'd love to get all the ships.  Even the destroyers, which I absolutely loathe.  I did purchase Campbeltown yesterday and the only true reason I got her was she's a Royal Navy ship.  She's a nice ship, I even survived a battle in her yesterday lol  I'm sure all members have specific ships that they want to get and even the ships they want to see released.  I must use that old expression: Rome wasn't built in a day.  I'm sure in due course a lot of new ships will be making their way to us.  I'm willing to be patient lol  If Wargaming even release the German aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin, you can believe I'll be snapping that up :)  Everyone have a wonderful day! :)

Cheers and happy hunting,

Brian  :)

Edited by bridder01

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Arkansas without the beta tag is coming to the shop according to the most recent Q&A from the RU servers.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I find that Kutuzov is much better then Atago in every way. But if you like starting tons of fires, then Atago is for you. Btw got both doubloonsless ;)

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

Arkansas without the beta tag is coming to the shop according to the most recent Q&A from the RU servers.

I wonder if it will still have the 6 upgrade slots, or if they will tinker with the stats.

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Buy the warspite for one reason alone:

It's trololol ability to repair citadels!

SMASHING.jpg

Many a game I have been smashed, retreated, repaired and returned almost at full health to do the smashing myself.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Buy the warspite for one reason alone:

It's trololol ability to repair citadels!

SMASHING.jpg

Many a game I have been smashed, retreated, repaired and returned almost at full health to do the smashing myself.

now combine that with 20%+ recovery flag :trollface:

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

Tirpitz, Atago, Molotov and Kutuzov are well worth their weight in doubloons. As for the rest, YMMV.

Warspite isn't nearly as good as britanniaboos make her out to be (get it? it's like weeaboo but for Britain? no? ok...). 

Points for trying. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I really hope they either change their minds or really change her up because that was part of the deal for us Beta testers that got her. She was to only be available to those beta testers who fought enough battles to earn her. They're reward ships for a reason.

OP, don't be surprised if the Arkansas you get (if they don't change their minds) is very clearly different than the Arkansas Beta already in game.

At least I hope its very different...

• Cool 1

[SWAG]
Members
168 posts
16,047 battles

I really hope they either change their minds or really change her up because that was part of the deal for us Beta testers that got her. She was to only be available to those beta testers who fought enough battles to earn her. They're reward ships for a reason.

OP, don't be surprised if the Arkansas you get (if they don't change their minds) is very clearly different than the Arkansas Beta already in game.

I agree with you.  If there are any "prem" ships (By that I mean ships that were awarded as prizes during the alpha and beta tests) that are planned to be released into the Prem Shop, then they should be altered in some way so that the players who earned those ships as prizes will truly have a unique version of that ship.  In my opinion, in future any ship that is put up as a prize and then is later released for all in the Prem Shop should differ so that the players who went out of their way to achieve and earn the prize ship will have noticeable differences from the version that is released for all.  That sounds fair, doesn't it?  What is the community's opinion on the topic?

Cheers and hope you are having better luck hitting targets today than me,

Brian  :)

Edited by bridder01

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

As someone who loves his ark beta, I'm not too worried about it.  I didn't join beta to get a free ship, we were never even promised one.  There was speculation but nothing concrete until the end.  I think it would be selfish for me to resist someone getting to play the boat who wants it.

i'm glad they are making it available

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Perhaps tea-aboos? *runs away*

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

As someone who loves his ark beta, I'm not too worried about it.  I didn't join beta to get a free ship, we were never even promised one.  There was speculation but nothing concrete until the end.  I think it would be selfish for me to resist someone getting to play the boat who wants it.

i'm glad they are making it available

I enjoy mine as well, though I fail in it pretty badly. (Too much DD in my blood apparently)

I'm cool with it being made availible, just curious whether there will be any tinkering with her other than a name change.

0 posts

now combine that with 20%+ recovery flag :trollface:

Truly the most trollish of Tier 6 battleships to sail on our proud seas :P, our ship shall never sink to your inferior guns~! 

Beta Testers
169 posts
1,623 battles

MUSASHI!

I buy that the SECOND it gets in.

The Yamato class is already in the game and I don't think WG normally makes tier 10 premiums.

[SWAG]
Members
168 posts
16,047 battles

Any new battleship for the game is ok by me!  I can't wait for Richelieu, Roma, Musashi, South Dakota, Vanguard, Ise, or Scharnhorst.  I love battleships and I look forward to any one coming out.  I don't mind even being sunk by one in game lol.  Bring em all on!  Even if they bring out the Maine as a Tier 0.5 ship, I'll take it ;)

Cheers and merry mashing,

Brian :)

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

The Yamato class is already in the game and I don't think WG normally makes tier 10 premiums.

I'm talking about a ship, not a class.

For example, the Montana is an Iowa class ship, yet the Iowa is a T9 and the Montana is a T10.