You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUTB

Destroyers in a horrible state.

193 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

After yet another abysmal performance by the Kiev I decided to look up some stats to expose the Kiev performance lie. What I found out was more than the Kiev being near the bottom of the list -- rather, DDs as a class are suffering tremendously. In order to reflect real results from real play in normal circumstances by the current playerbase I filtered by tier and sorted by damage. Last week, solo only.

From T6 to T10, DDs were at the bottom of the list with a few exceptions, none of which approached the tier leading ships. Not only damage, but survival rate is in the basement. Right now, DDs are virtually unplayable from a competitive standpoint.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

What exactly DO you like?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I filtered by tier and sorted by damage.

Funny how when you look at things in the light which makes them look worst, they end up looking worst.

DDs average less damage than other classes. Nothing new here. DDs, and gunboat DDs especially, spend a lot of time fighting other DDs which have low HP. The rest of their damage comes from opportunistically picking away at ships which are really dangerous to them, or comes from torpedoes which have a low hit rate but high individual damage. Average damage done isn't a very good stat for WoWS, except maybe for battleships and some carriers. Sort ships by average capture points secured and suddenly OMG carriers are in a horrible state. Guys I cannot cap bases with my carriers anymore...

• Cool 9

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

DD's have a high skill cap to do really well in them. I do well above average in them and honestly I don't feel like I am all that good at them yet. At the time I sold my Kiev I averaged right at 40k in it and honestly never felt like I got everything out of the ship I could have.

[JAJAS]
Members
2,897 posts
17,138 battles

And heeeeere come the pretzels....

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Funny how when you look at things in the light which makes them look worst, they end up looking worst.

DDs average less damage than other classes. Nothing new here. DDs, and gunboat DDs especially, spend a lot of time fighting other DDs which have low HP. The rest of their damage comes from opportunistically picking away at ships which are really dangerous to them, or comes from torpedoes which have a low hit rate but high individual damage. Average damage done isn't a very good stat for WoWS, except maybe for battleships and some carriers. Sort ships by average capture points secured and suddenly OMG carriers are in a horrible state. Guys I cannot cap bases with my carriers anymore...

As someone that likes playing DD's a lot, I am strongly in favor of this new CV go cap meta you suggest. :D
  • Cool 3

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Man you are beyond stunted in your intelligence. DDs do less damage because thats how their role works. They focus on capturing points, and overall focus on fighting other destroyers which have a low HP pool. Battleships focus on fighting cruisers and other battleships, which have more HP, and their guns do MORE DAMAGE. You baffle me.

You are also bad at the game, and at the ships you play. It is not the ships fault you can not perform well in it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Right now, DDs are virtually unplayable from a competitive standpoint.

^That's probably why they are the most dominant class in the game. There is a new season of Ranked starting. What ships are people going to use in those ranked battles? BBs and DDs with a CV every so often.

Yes, DDs are virtually unplayable ffrom a competitive standpoint. That's why in the most competitive arena in game, they are the best class in the game.

Seeing people reason like this makes me wonder if the world's great problems, like the Middle East Crisis, are actually that great, or if the people involved are just dumber than a box of rocks.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I only average bit under 43k in kiev and it really start to shine after I got aft and DE combined.       I am not a great player though, so   your mileage may vary

and to Captain Dorja,  most are dumb as a stump by most standard.

Edited by centarina

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,798 battles

^That's probably why they are the most dominant class in the game.

By what metric are DDs the most dominant class in the game?

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

By what metric are DDs the most dominant class in the game?

They are not. CVs take that prize. DDs are merely second in line.

Here's a "metric" for you. Consider these hypotheticals, given evenly balanced high tier teams of a variety of all ship types.

a. All CAs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? No.

b. All BBs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? Possibly.

c. All DDs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? Most likely.

d. All CVs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? You bet your [edited].

• Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

The OP just doesn't have the DD soul 

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

:popcorn:

Any one need popcorn, just made a fresh batch?

I'll make some donuts to go with it. And stick a few tater tots in the convection oven as well :)
  • Cool 1

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

DDs? In a horrible state?

IRHN2zq.jpg

Seems fine to me. 

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

After yet another abysmal performance by the Kiev I decided to look up some stats to expose the Kiev performance lie. What I found out was more than the Kiev being near the bottom of the list -- rather, DDs as a class are suffering tremendously. In order to reflect real results from real play in normal circumstances by the current playerbase I filtered by tier and sorted by damage. Last week, solo only.

From T6 to T10, DDs were at the bottom of the list with a few exceptions, none of which approached the tier leading ships. Not only damage, but survival rate is in the basement. Right now, DDs are virtually unplayable from a competitive standpoint.

So the class that has the easiest time controlling caps, and the second best and map control should also be the best damage dealers? Sure... That seems legit...

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

D0xku2d.jpg
  • Cool 1

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,798 battles

They are not. CVs take that prize. DDs are merely second in line.

Here's a "metric" for you. Consider these hypotheticals, given evenly balanced high tier teams of a variety of all ship types.

a. All CAs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? No.

b. All BBs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? Possibly.

c. All DDs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? Most likely.

d. All CVs on team A die. An equal number of assorted ship types die on team B. Is team A screwed? You bet your [edited].

metric1

[me-trik]

adjective
pertaining to the meter or to the metric system.
noun
Often, metrics. a standard for measuring or evaluating something, especially one that uses figures or statistics: new metrics for gauging an organization’s diversity;
pretty good by any metric.

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,798 battles

So the class that has the easiest time controlling caps, and the second best and map control should also be the best damage dealers? Sure... That seems legit...

Except...none of this is true. Only in the minds of complainers and whiners.

Care to point to any stats proving any of your claims?

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

There's a reason the OP's nickname literally means Guy Under The Bridge.  Dude is a massive troll and you folks fall for it every time.

• Cool 5

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

There's a reason the OP's nickname literally means Guy Under The Bridge.  Dude is a massive troll and you folks fall for it every time.

Nah, I just want to see how stupid his responses can get :popcorn: Want some? I also have my donuts and tater tots ready