You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RockaholicRaven

Destructible Modules why are sonar and radar not included?

46 comments in this topic

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Where to start well lets start with every part of our ships that are currently able to be incapacitated and or destroyed completely? AA mounts, Secondary mounts, torp tubes, engine, rudder, main batteries, and consumable aircraft. There are visible radar and sonar equipment on all ships why do they not have the ability to be disabled or destroyed like everything else?

Edited by RockaholicRaven
  • Cool 2

Members
376 posts
1,961 battles

For that matter...

Why can't DDs smoke generators be destroyed?

Why doesn't having the speed boost consumable increase the chance of fire on the DD? All that extra high-octane (actually Methanol Alcohol) is certainly flammable!

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Sonar is underwater and only in the very front so it would be pointless, Radar would go like small caliber AA. Plus losing them would not matter only piss of CA's as one of their main gimmicks is those features

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

For that matter...

Why can't DDs smoke generators be destroyed?

Why doesn't having the speed boost consumable increase the chance of fire on the DD? All that extra high-octane (actually Methanol Alcohol) is certainly flammable!

smoke generators lol? smoke was created by burning material in the engines that created smoke

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,182 posts
30,938 battles

Why can rudder and engine screws be repaired in combat:trollface:

I'm sure Bismarck would have loved that magical ability.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Where to start well lets start with every part of our ships that are currently able to be incapacitated and or destroyed completely? AA mounts, Secondary mounts, torp tubes, engine, rudder, main batteries. There are visible radar and sonar equipment on all ships why do they not have the ability to be disabled or destroyed like everything else?

:fishpalm: you wanna make repair party destroyed as well? Defensive fire? Spotter plane?

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

:fishpalm: you wanna make repair party destroyed as well? Defensive fire? Spotter plane?

spotter planes are destroy-able btw thanks for giving me another thing to add. also defensive aa IS useless as more AA mounts get destroyed
Edited by RockaholicRaven

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Why can rudder and engine screws be repaired in combat:trollface:

I'm sure Bismarck would have loved that magical ability.

I think its more that the british didnt give her the chance to repair it

Beta Testers
537 posts
2,603 battles

Probably because radar, sonar, smoke, scoutplanes, and repair kits aren't equipment, but magical potions that you can only drink once a minute or so.

Members
376 posts
1,961 battles

smoke generators lol? smoke was created by burning material in the engines that created smoke

Only in ships powered by steam turbines.

However, the point remains. If OP wants cruiser consumables to be destructible then it is only fair that the DD consumables be destructible as well.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Spotter plane and radar please.  Defensive fire already gets damaged as AA mounts are busted up.

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,191 battles

every time i put it on cooldown 

I think you're confusing damage control for fires with fire control for aiming q8^)

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

why cant i destroy A/C on a CV when im wrecking it with shells?

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,125 battles

every time i put it on cooldown 

He's referring to the system that guides where you aim and where your shells land, not your repair party :#

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Only in ships powered by steam turbines.

However, the point remains. If OP wants cruiser consumables to be destructible then it is only fair that the DD consumables be destructible as well.

Naval methods[edit]

Warships have sometimes used a simple variation of the smoke generator, by injecting fuel oil directly into the smoke stack. An even simpler method that was used in the days of steam-propelled warships was to restrict the supply of air to the boiler. This resulted in incomplete combustion of the coal or oil, which produced a thick black smoke. Because the smoke was black, it absorbed heat from the sun and tended to rise above the water. Therefore, navies turned to various chemicals, such as titanium tetrachloride, that produce a white, low-lying cloud.[1][2]

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

spotter planes are destroy-able btw thanks for giving me another thing to add. also defensive aa IS useless as more AA mounts get destroyed

You still haven't answered my first question :popcorn: I'm waiting

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

I think you're confusing damage control for fires with fire control for aiming q8^)

o correction then every time a turrets gets disabled or destroyed? like uhm duh?

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles

Damage control party's insta-repair has a cooldown, but your damage control efforts are always functioning—unless your flooding and fire duration timers aren't ticking down like mine are? I wouldn't mind battleships losing their ability to put fires out over time once in a while.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Spotter plane and radar please.  Defensive fire already gets damaged as AA mounts are busted up.

Hey, at least it can still magically "panick" the enemy bombers :P

your first question being?

:fishpalm:

View PostPersonator, on 01 June 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

:fishpalm: you wanna make repair party destroyed as well?