Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AHeadlessChicken

Is the Indy worth the $45?

32 comments in this topic

[RUSHB]
Members
602 posts
12,276 battles

I have been trying to research the new ship before I bought it and have talked to a couple of people and most say it is just going to get farmed a lot? Is it better or worse then the Atlanta? Or did WG do us a disservice? 

[HAIFU]
-Members-
702 posts
7,365 battles

She has the same ups and downs as the Pensacola. She lacks great armour so its best not to broadside or brawl everything and she does not have great HE shells but her AP shells will wreck ships of roughly the same size. She also has a pretty strong AA suite, like most US CA's. And as a bonus, she gets radar but she isn't great at hunting DD's.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Is Pensacola + radar and some other gubbins.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Do you like Pensacola, New Orleans or Baltimore?

If you don't than no, if you do than yes.

Members
454 posts

I've got the Indy, and I love her.

As pointed out, she's essentially a slightly meaner Pensacola.  I bought her for her historic significance, but really enjoy playing her.

IMO, the $45 bundle is worth it.  It's cheaper than buying the ship, the flags, and the month's premium time separately.

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Members
536 posts
22,368 battles

If you don't like the Atlanta's arcs then yes it's better.

It all depends on what you're looking for. The Indy is a decent, if unexceptional, cruiser for its tier. If you want a US trainer and hate the Atlanta it might be worth it for you.

I'd argue the Murmansk, Molotov and Atago offer better bang for the buck if you just want a ship to make credits.

I bought the Indy mostly because I'm a collector but I enjoy playing it too.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,110 battles

Why spend 45 when you can spend 35?

^This. And that's what I did, spent 35.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I think it depends on your playstyle.  I think she's "ok".  There's nothing that stands out as really kick [edited]on her, even her radar.  I think it's an average, USN cruiser.  I think I likely prefer my Pensacola to her due to weapon layout, but until they offer me a premium Salt Lake City, I can't train American captains in it.  For training purposes, I feel she is superior to the Atlanta.  Atlanta can be a huge amount of fun, but she can also be a huge kick in the junk.  I think most players can sit back and snipe with an Indy easier than they can Atlambush people at close range and live to tell the tale.

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles

I've bought every ship available since I started (October) and most of them have been pretty fun in one way or another.  The Indy is the first one I've regretted buying :(

[WAKE]
Beta Testers
193 posts
28,474 battles

Is Pensacola + radar and some other gubbins.

Considerably better armor than Pensacola.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Been sucking it up and getting wrecked in mine all day, still like it though....

Also still like Atlanta better...

Members
687 posts
9,588 battles

I don't even need to play it, or see it in action to tell you this answer.

No.

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I have been trying to research the new ship before I bought it and have talked to a couple of people and most say it is just going to get farmed a lot? Is it better or worse then the Atlanta? Or did WG do us a disservice? 

I'm a cruiser main. I like it. Taking a look at your stat page... no, don't buy it. It would be financially irresponsible. 

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

Honestly, at the level you are currently playing, the Marblehead seems a much batter choice.  It is easier to play well in, and will be familiar to you, but still allow you to train USN Cruiser captains.  It is available in the shop now (not limited time), and inexpensive.  I really like mine. :)  I currently feel that the best overall USN trainer/premium is the Texas, but it is not currently in the shop.  I thought I saw a claim that it would be available for Dubloons, but I have not checked that as I already have one.  If you can get a Texas, I highly recommend it.  Also, look up LittleWhiteMouse's premium reviews as they are excellent, and cover pretty much every premium. Good luck, and I hope that you enjoy your new premium ship.  I know that I have been enjoying mine! (Including the Indy, Texas, & Marblehead):hiding:

Beta Testers
11,669 posts

I think Texas is in for doubloons now.  

I tihnk the Indianapolis for $35 is worth it and a better choice than the Atlanta.  The Atlanta requires a style of play that is very different from the US heavy cruisers, but more supportive of the type of play you have with US destroyers and the Cleveland.

• Cool 1

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I say yes. It's fun, has nice aesthetics, has nice range and damage potential. You just gotta have awareness of your surroundings, avoid taking concentrated hits from 3+ cruisers, and avoid giving broadside to BB's... But yes, it's worth it.

Sign in to follow this