NikoPower

Ranked Battles Season 4 - 6/3-7/18

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

224 posts in this topic

Greetings Captains!

Ranked Battles Season 4 runs from June 3rd 0500 UTC to July 18th 0500 UTC

Ranked Battles Season 4 has a bunch of changes, here's a breakdown:

• 22 Ranks in Season 4

• We are introducing the Super League - Once you hit Rank 1, you can keep on playing Ranked Battles until the end of the Season!

• Don't worry if you're on the losing team in a Ranked Battle, if you're first in Experience Earned, you keep your star!

• Reach Rank 15 or higher, you'll get a special Flag that commemerates the Battle of Midway!

• In Ranks 22-20, you can't lose any earned Stars!

• Rewards were re-designed for reaching certain Ranks, you'll now get 1000 Doubloons for reaching Rank 2 and 2500 Doubloons for reaching Rank 1!

• Flags awarded during Ranked Battles Season 4 will have a new feature: -5%, -10%, -20% to ship repair cost (and you can set them on each ship in every type of battle). They are awarded for reaching Rank 15, 10 and 5 accordingly and will be removed once the season is over.

• For those of you who are Ranked Battles veterans: Those of you who have both the Jolly Roger and Jolly Roger II Flags, and reach Rank 1 in Season 4, will get a unique Premium Ship, the USS Flint! The Jolly Roger II flag will be exchanged for the USS Flint for players who hit Rank 1. There will be another opportunity to earn the Jolly Roger II Flag in Season 5. and in Season 6, another Unique Premium Ship will be available! (Please note the exchange of the Flag for the Premium Ship will take place some time after the Season ends.)

• Don't worry if you're on the losing team in a Ranked Battle, if you're first in Experience Earned, you keep your star!

This kind of erodes the whole 'team' aspect of the game, doesn't it...

If you lose, you deserve to be treated like you lost.

Sad to see WG has caved to the whiny entitled kids who think that they're more special than the rest of their team.

Edited by issm

So, will we be able to win Jolly Roger II for reaching rank I this season? I have I, earned during Season 2. At least, if I'm not mistaken that's Jolly Roger I.

The Jolly Roger II flag was not handed out to winners of Season 3 if they already had Jolly Roger I from Season 2.  The second flag is MIA on the NA server.

2m4wq37.png

In other words: Play DD to get Star no matter what - best way to get rank 1.

The Jolly Roger II flag was not handed out to winners of Season 3 if they already had Jolly Roger I from Season 2.  The second flag is MIA on the NA server.

2m4wq37.png

Yeah this brings up a lot of confusion.  We were promised a reward ship for season 2.  That never happened (and no official communication other than "watch the news").  Season 3 hit, with the exact same reward flag and no mention of a reward ship.  I didn't bother playing season 3 much because I was too busy doing the Arpeggio missions and the mission that netted 1 million credits for each 100 enemies sunk, and I was rather miffed that there wasn't even an acknowledgement or "hey we screwed up" about the season 2 reward ship.  

Now I've seen the text worded differently on different servers.  On one, it says you have to have ranked out on all 3 seasons (2, 3, 4) in order to get your ship.  On another, it simply says that once you have both flags, they're exchanged for the ship.  So...  which one is it?  Am I being screwed?  Or is WG allowing for one missed rank-out between the first 3 seasons as a "learning curve/growing pain" kinda deal?

As for keeping a star on the top team of the losers, I'm really happy to see this.  Nothing's more frustrating than finishing the game and seeing I had double (or more) of the xp of 2nd place on my team.  It's a welcome change, especially since it seems that the proposed 45% win rate cut-off was never applied to the rules for Ranked.

Edited by Lord_Zath

2m4wq37.png

I didn't get the second one either and I was pretty sad. Hope they can hand these out for us. I like the second flag more!

This is concerning based on how the second flag was supposed to be used as a turn in for the ship.  It was supposed to be:

• First time you hit Rank One:  Earn Pirate Flag 1.
  • Second time you hit Rank One:  Earn Pirate Flag 2.  Keep Pirate Flag 1.
  • Third time you hit Rank One:  Earn boat.  Lose Pirate Flag 2.  Keep Pirate Flag 1.

This might actually be worth losing my sanity for.

In other words: Play DD to get Star no matter what - best way to get rank 1.

Wrong. If you are top XP on losing team you will not LOSE a star and you won't gain one either. So it is kinda like the game did not count (except it will still show as a loss in your records).

This is concerning based on how the second flag was supposed to be used as a turn in for the ship.  It was supposed to be:

• First time you hit Rank One:  Earn Pirate Flag 1.
  • Second time you hit Rank One:  Earn Pirate Flag 2.  Keep Pirate Flag 1.
  • Third time you hit Rank One:  Earn boat.  Lose Pirate Flag 2.  Keep Pirate Flag 1.

You have way more information than the rest of us mere mortals.

I don't recall seeing any of that announced officially anywhere.  All I remember is seeing AlsoRobots posting there would be a surprise ship for Season 2, then, nothing..

I didn't play Season 3, because like others, was too busy trying to complete in game missions for ARP and Credits.  I hope we don't make the same ULTIMATE FAIL mistake again and put those missions on the same time as Ranked once again. I might just lose all faith in any semblance of brains in the WG office.

You have way more information than the rest of us mere mortals.

I don't recall seeing any of that announced officially anywhere.  All I remember is seeing AlsoRobots posting there would be a surprise ship for Season 2, then, nothing..

I didn't play Season 3, because like others, was too busy trying to complete in game missions for ARP and Credits.  I hope we don't make the same ULTIMATE FAIL mistake again and put those missions on the same time as Ranked once again. I might just lose all faith in any semblance of brains in the WG office.

Unfortunately for you, they are running together again.

Awesome! Looking forward to finally getting my first Jolly Roger. 

Unfortunately for you, they are running together again.

I think that is unfortunate for EVERYONE.

My faith in brains has been removed.

Greetings Captains!

Ranked Battles Season 4 runs from June 3rd 0500 UTC to July 18th 0500 UTC

Ranked Battles Season 4 has a bunch of changes, here's a breakdown:

• 22 Ranks in Season 4
  • We are introducing the Super League - Once you hit Rank 1, you can keep on playing Ranked Battles until the end of the Season!
  • Reach Rank 15 or higher, you'll get a special Flag that commemerates the Battle of Midway!
  • In Ranks 22-20, you can't lose any earned Stars!
  • Rewards were re-designed for reaching certain Ranks, you'll now get 1000 Doubloons for reaching Rank 2 and 2500 Doubloons for reaching Rank 1!
  • Flags awarded during Ranked Battles Season 4 will have a new feature: -5%, -10%, -20% to ship repair cost (and you can set them on each ship in every type of battle). They are awarded for reaching Rank 15, 10 and 5 accordingly and will be removed once the season is over.
  • For those of you who are Ranked Battles veterans: Those of you who have both the Jolly Roger and Jolly Roger II Flags, and reach Rank 1 in Season 4, will get a unique Premium Ship, the USS Flint! The Jolly Roger II flag will be exchanged for the USS Flint for players who hit Rank 1. There will be another opportunity to earn the Jolly Roger II Flag in Season 5. and in Season 6, another Unique Premium Ship will be available! (Please note the exchange of the Flag for the Premium Ship will take place some time after the Season ends.)

This was taken from the Euro forum:

Brackets and ranks:

• Three tier brackets, 4 leagues:
    • Rank 22-16, tier  5-6
    • Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
    • Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
    • Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
    • Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league
      • The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Does this apply to us as well on NA server ? Was hoping it would still be tier 5-6 and 7-8 like previous seasons. Please could Devs clarify it.

Thanks

Okay, now I'm annoyed.

I typed up why earlier, so I'll just paste this in here, so you can see it niko, and then tell the boss types why they're being stupid... because this is stupid.

I'm more than a little peeved at this retroactive rewarding.

I didn't rank out the first season (finding a match just wasn't possible with the hours I could be online ) so naturally, rank 1 got access to kitakami... I'm not IKU19, but I too want mah kitkat back.

Season 2 comes around, alsorobots told us there'd be a reward ship, plus there was the jolly roger, so I slogged through and eventually ranked out.... then no reward boat.

Season 3: still salty about no reward boat and slightly miffed that rank 1 didn't even offer a different pirate flag, I only played enough to get the Hawaii flag. Now apparently I'll miss another reward ship (though I could probably get it after season 5)

This makes me, a paying customer who has bought every premie and never goes without prem time, rather grumpy.         

This is just plain rude on the part of whoever makes these decisions, I'm kinda irrationally angry about this (and plenty rationally angry). :izmena:

This is just plain rude on the part of whoever makes these decisions, I'm kinda irrationally angry about this (and plenty rationally angry). :izmena:

If the rules are exactly as Niko has stated above, NO ONE on the North America server will get the Flint this season.  NO ONE on the North America server has the Pirate II flag -- it was not awarded in Seasons 2 & 3.  So that means that NO ONE will be able to trade it in for the ship this season.  At the earliest, we will all be waiting until Season 5 before we can get the USS Flint.

Wait, so, if you don't have the Jolly Roger I, you can never win a ship going forward? Am I reading this correctly, only people with JR1 can keep winning JR2 to get a ship every other season?

I mean, maybe I should have played ranked back when I didn't want to... but not every player has been here from the start.

I've got to be reading this wrong... right?

Edited by Special_Kay

This is beginning to remind me of the time when a Russian cruiser caused torches and pitchforks to be brandied about .      :hiding:                                     

If the rules are exactly as Niko has stated above, NO ONE on the North America server will get the Flint this season.  NO ONE on the North America server has the Pirate II flag -- it was not awarded in Seasons 2 & 3.  So that means that NO ONE will be able to trade it in for the ship this season.  At the earliest, we will all be waiting until Season 5 before we can get the USS Flint.

well... this is extremely depressing. I figured they would give JR2 for those that got rank 1 in both season 2 and 3. 

Valid stuff.

Good points, though I hope you can understand why the way it's worded causes confusion.

Plus there was that whole deal with the surprise Kitakami followed by the unfulfilled season two ship promise. 

I've been inclined to be cynical as a result of these things. 

Good catch on the flags, I am curious  (though not hopeful) as to how it'll all play out.