You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Thank you WG for Kutuzov

24 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Ok let me get straight to the point. Apparently I won a prize that I didn't know about for 5 months and I was checking RU forum few weeks ago  around May 10th to give my upvotes for the Reticle contest. But I totally didn't expect an massage from Tarki_Tai

OAy0Gs5.png

First massage as translated

Good afternoon!
Your modification has entered into the official modpak (version 0.5.2.0).
As a thank you and congratulations to the new year, as promised, your account is one of the following ships will be charged.
Tirpitz, Varspayt, Diana, Tachibana, Kamikaze or Kutuzov.
I look forward to your choice in the PM!

So been trying to get this resolved for the last 3 weeks, going back and forth to both forum. Slowly waiting. But I was finally able to get her today 0.o

WNvlv2e.png

in port

lraEGRa.jpg

Also thanks to Nikopower trying to get this resolved as well. Case closed :P

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I'm assuming Varspyat is Warspite?

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I wish I knew...... I even looked at their premium shop and both name is not in the shop. Both Russian and English(translated) verison of the word

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,915 battles

Варспайт transliterates to Varspayt. I imagine you're correct. The Russian Wikipedia calls Waspite "Уорспайт" which transliterates to Uorspayt (which, when properly spoken, matches the English pronunciation very well).

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Варспайт transliterates to Varspayt. I imagine you're correct. The Russian Wikipedia calls Waspite "Уорспайт" which transliterates to Uorspayt (which, when properly spoken, matches the English pronunciation very well).

Варспайт is Warspite (phonetic into cyrillic alphabet).

Edit: well, almost phonetic - it's more into how people usually pronounce it over there than the actual pronunciation in English.

Edited by IceSerpen7

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Nice!

Gratz Major!

Enjoy MK she is a great ship.

Awesome that WG followed through after all of that time.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Grats on the epic win.

Nice banner around your battle button btw. The only bad thing I see in that Kutuzov is the captain. Starlight Glimmer... booo hiss!

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Nice, congrats!

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Grats on the epic win.

Nice banner around your battle button btw. The only bad thing I see in that Kutuzov is the captain. Starlight Glimmer... booo hiss!

Don't worry, I already dimissed her. I put my other CA and DD captain in Kut

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,915 battles

Варспайт is Warspite (phonetic into cyrillic alphabet).

Edit: well, almost phonetic - it's more into how people usually pronounce it over there than the actual pronunciation in English.

Well just to make sure we're on the same page, вар- rhymes with 'car' while уор- sounds like 'wore'. At least provided we can agree on how 'car' and 'wore' are pronounced—my perspective is more or less from a mainstream North American accent with a good share of Canadian raising. I don't think I commit /æ/ tensing, but maybe I do?

Hmm. This is probably too much depth for an off-topic tangent.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

So what contest did you win on the RU?!  Really cool to see the cross-region work done here, especially after seeing so much unwillingness to migrate accounts and the like :)

Edited by Lord_Zath

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Well just to make sure we're on the same page, вар- rhymes with 'car' while уор- sounds like 'wore'. At least provided we can agree on how 'car' and 'wore' are pronounced—my perspective is more or less from a mainstream North American accent with a good share of Canadian raising. I don't think I commit /æ/ tensing, but maybe I do?

Hmm. This is probably too much depth for an off-topic tangent.

Yes, pretty much. The whole thing is kind of similar to pronunciation of IJN ship names in English (i.e. Kongo / Kongou) - people change pronunciation so that it rolls off the tongue easier and common spelling follows that. In quite a few cases the change is considerable for no other reason than "it's easier to say it this way".

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

So what contest did you win on the RU?!  Really cool to see the cross-region work done here, especially after seeing so much unwillingness to migrate accounts and the like :)

There was no contest. But there is an Official Modpack on the RU forum that included my Rainbow crosshair long ago when the modpack first appeared.

Official modpack link

But I didn't think much about it to much since I didn't mind, but I didn't know they were giving out prizes for being in the Official modpack. So apparently they sent a massage to me on the wrong forum, it almost like they didn't know what server I was on. :P

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Yep.

Funny thing is, the RU dev didn't write the name correctly. Should have been "Уорспайт",  not "Варспайт".

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,915 battles

May I ask why you picked the MK?

I can't speak for MR, but s/he already has Tirpitz and Kutuzov is the only other expensive high-tier ship on the list.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I used the rainbow cross hairs when I first started playing(not into MLP but I didn't care), I liked using the colors to help me lead ships with timing and what not. Glad you got something out of a mod that I'm sure many people used.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Yep.

Funny thing is, the RU dev didn't write the name correctly. Should have been "Уорспайт",  not "Варспайт".

Should have, but spelling (and pronouncing) words like warcraft, warlock, warspite, etc. with "Вар" is so common that it wouldn't surprise me if this stuff made its way into the dictionary by now. :)

Prime example:

vd3ckkca.jpg?v=1462447350

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

That pony mod......

My eyes are bleeding!!!! 

V8T7zcB.gif

jammies rustled

• Cool 1