You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shootieboats

Ranked reward ship is (likely) USS Flint

82 comments in this topic

Members
1,726 posts
14,850 battles

So the ship you get for Ranking out in 2 of the previous seasons is the USS Flint.

BUT, if you haven't Ranked out in Seasons 2 and 3, there will still be opportunity to receive the ship in the future, so don't fret. This is all via the announcement on EU, but it will likely hold true here as well. If not, then oh well. Life will go on.

Brackets and ranks:

• Three tier brackets, 4 leagues:
    • Rank 22-16, tier 5-6
    • Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
    • Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
    • Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
    • Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league
      • The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Rule changes:

• We listened to player feedback and in this season the player with the highest experience on the losing team will not lose a star
  • From Rank 10-1, you will no longer get a star when ranking up

Rewards:

• Camouflages and signals aplenty
  • Achieve rank 15 or higher to receive the "Midway" participation flag
  • You can win up to 3500 doubloons this season if you manage to reach rank 1 (1000 with rank 2 and 2500 with rank 1)
  • Reaching certain ranks unlocks flags (which will only function for the duration of the season) which will reduce your repair costs by -5%, -10% and – 20% (rank 15, 10 and 5 respectively)
  • If you reached rank one in the previous two seasons and manage to do it again, you will receive the USS Flint premium cruiser but lose the Jolly Roger II
  • If you are not eligible to win the USS Flint in this season, you will be able to win it in future seasons, it will be awarded for winning more than one season in a row.

• Cool 5

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

USS Flint (CL-97) was a modified Atlanta-class light cruiser, sometimes referred to as an "Oakland-class".

Oh god, please no.. I wanted to grind DDs next...

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

For those that do not know, this is the Midway flag (Is currently in Flags.dds game file)

UU9kSKr.png

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

We listened to player feedback and in this season the player with the highest experience on the losing team will not lose a star

YES! YES!!!!!

Beta Testers
1,023 posts
2,801 battles

Welp looks like i won't need to buy an Atlanta 

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

OHH YES. PLEASE GIVE ME ATLANTA DESU

rfVbLji.jpg

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

YES! YES!!!!!

I totally missed this! Awesome!

I would prefer it be something like top 3.. but that may be to generous.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts

Midway flag is all I really need or can stand.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

This info is from the EU server. I assume we will be the same, but I would wait for the official NA announcement.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

• If you reached rank one in the previous two seasons and manage to do it again, you will receive the USS Flint premium cruiser but lose the Jolly Roger II
  • If you are not eligible to win the USS Flint in this season, you will be able to win it in future seasons, it will be awarded for winning more than one season in a row.

Well, this softens it a little. When the rumors started going around earlier today that a ship would be rewarded for ranking out the past two seasons, I was a bit peeved since the reason I didn't try to rank out harder last season was getting yanked around by the promise of a ship in some form for ranking out in Season 2 and then it never materializing. This is much better; I already have an Atlanta-class, but the Flint will still be there if I rank out the next two seasons.

See, WG? Communication works! I'm pretty happy all things considered.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

So If I get the flint by some miracle, does that mean I get the gold or atlanta and an oakland sub class?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

So If I get the flint by some miracle, does that mean I get the gold or atlanta and an oakland sub class?

I'd imagine you'd get the Oakland subclass since premiums are distinct, else everyone who bought a Fujin and completed Project R wouldn't have a Kamikaze R.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

It will be interesting to see the difference in performance between Flint and Atlanta. Flint will likely have a more skilled player base. I expect the numbers will look like Marblehead vs Omaha.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

So the ship you get for Ranking out in 2 of the previous seasons is the USS Flint.

BUT, if you haven't Ranked out in Seasons 2 and 3, there will still be opportunity to receive the ship in the future, so don't fret. This is all via the announcement on EU, but it will likely hold true here as well. If not, then oh well. Life will go on.

Brackets and ranks:

• Three tier brackets, 4 leagues:
    • Rank 22-16, tier 5-6
    • Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
    • Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
    • Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
    • Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league
      • The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Rule changes:

• We listened to player feedback and in this season the player with the highest experience on the losing team will not lose a star
  • From Rank 10-1, you will no longer get a star when ranking up

Rewards:

• Camouflages and signals aplenty
  • Achieve rank 15 or higher to receive the "Midway" participation flag
  • You can win up to 3500 doubloons this season if you manage to reach rank 1 (1000 with rank 2 and 2500 with rank 1)
  • Reaching certain ranks unlocks flags (which will only function for the duration of the season) which will reduce your repair costs by -5%, -10% and – 20% (rank 15, 10 and 5 respectively)

And I am closing in on getting my third Tier 8 ship, currently 10 mill from Amagi. The rewards from this season will help me a LONG way to getting my Amagi too XD

~Hunter

[BLEP]
[BLEP]
Members
1,986 posts
17,908 battles

And I am closing in on getting my third Tier 8 ship, currently 10 mill from Amagi. The rewards from this season will help me a LONG way to getting my Amagi too XD

~Hunter

That's basically where I'm at. I have Amagi and Mogami, and I'm working towards Hipper, though I think I'm further from Hipper than you are from Amagi.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I have Nola, Mogami, hipper, and Amagi. I also have Kiev, Schors, and Colorado at 7.

I just can't muster the motivation to push to t10. The t10 battles I've been pulled up into in my 8's generally suck. Until the play changes, I can't see a point to it.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

I might participate just for lols (Ibuki's captain needs 43K total XP for retraining) and still have Yorck/Hiryu which I'm reasonably competent in.

But really...T10 for rank 1? That is pure [edited]. Are they expecting it to be different from the campfest encouraged by BBs sniping, DDs stealth torping, and CAs milling around?